GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,404
1 members and 1,403 guests
sdneyttso2029

Old 05-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Unregistered-

The best AGD urban legend I've heard of was Madonna. I know she went to college in Michigan for a while, but I know she wasn't initiated!

There are also rumors about Carly Simon and Peri Gilpin being Alpha Gams, but I'm sure there's no truth in that.

Edited to add: Our IHQ website has a special section on Accomplished Alpha Gams. I was the webmistress for my collegiate website and all the information I included was based on that.

Last edited by Unregistered-; 05-16-2003 at 04:16 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-16-2003, 03:14 PM

Actually, I just read that Delta Burke never went to college. She won Miss Florida and then directly moved onto show business.
Old 05-16-2003, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by shadokat
Bette Midler is NOT a D Phi E, although many claim she is. The woman went to college in hawaii, for like a year, and then came back to NYC. Sorry Deephers, but we still have no entertainers I'm aware of Maybe Cream can join the circus!
I was thinking the same thing! I saw that Bette Midler was a 'sister' on a chapter website, but she has not been claimed by a specific chapter or International.

I'll be a famous D Phi E if I am selected to go on Jeopardy. (fingers crossed)

I heard that Farah Fawcett was in a sorority in college in Texas. The story was that she was so beautiful that the men lined up on fraternity row to ask her out. I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. I heard that it was Tri Delta. It might be an urban myth though.
Old 05-16-2003, 03:21 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by Cream

I heard that Farah Fawcett was in a sorority in college in Texas. The story was that she was so beautiful that the men lined up on fraternity row to ask her out. I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. I heard that it was Tri Delta. It might be an urban myth though.
I remember seeing on E!'s Celebrity Profile that she did indeed initiate into Tri Delta. They even showed a picture of the house.
GreekChat Member

I always thought Delta Burke was a Tri-Delt... I vaguely remember seeing that info on a chapter website

Farrah was definitely associated w/ Tri Delta, as far as I know she initiated but she did leave school before she graduated to go to Hollywood.
Old 05-16-2003, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Burke is definitely not a Chi O. I've also seen a lot of chapter websites claiming Cybil Sheppard and Shelly Long? Never seen any proof of that from Nationals...
Old 05-16-2003, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Cindy Crawford went to Northwestern for one year. she was in a sorority but I dont know which one. I know a lot of people that go there and confirmed this
Old 05-16-2003, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine
I remember seeing on E!'s Celebrity Profile that she did indeed initiate into Tri Delta. They even showed a picture of the house.
Maybe that's where I saw it.

I just remember wishing that men had lined up in college to ask me out on dates.
Old 05-16-2003, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JerzeeBoy26
Cindy Crawford went to Northwestern for one year. she was in a sorority but I dont know which one. I know a lot of people that go there and confirmed this
Some chapter sites for Pi Phi claim she's a member.
Old 05-16-2003, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
Farrah was definitely associated w/ Tri Delta, as far as I know she initiated but she did leave school before she graduated to go to Hollywood.
Farrah was indeed a Tri-Delt at UTexas, my alma mater, back before ΔΔΔ got their new house on West Campus. She was initiated, was voted one of the "10 Most Beautiful Women On Campus" - and left UT for Hollywood before graduating.
Old 05-16-2003, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JerzeeBoy26
Cindy Crawford did go to Northwestern. And the Northwestern PiPhi's don't even list her on their own page.

It's possible it's because she's not an alum - because she never graduated.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

ADPi celebs?

I read one place that Supreme Court judge Sandra Day O'Connor was an ADPi, but that is the only time I've seen that listed...I know she's not a movie star or anything, but that would be pretty imp't., especially since she was one of the first(or first) female Supreme Court judges. I know some of the nationals sites have famous alumnae listings, why not all of them?
Kate

Oh, btw, Molly Sims was Tri-Delta at my school, and Amy Grant was a Theta. I'm not exactly sure if Molly graduated, though...
Also, I've also heard that Susan Lucci was a PiPhi.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by breathesgelatin
Hahaahahahaha!!! I heard it was President Truman, whose daughter was a Pi Phi (not sure if that's even true)! I'm sure there's a variation with the Coolidges, too. (Mrs. Coolidge was a Pi Phi!)

Other Pi Phi rumors, compiled by me and my sister dubyuhnellpiphi (who barely posts):

Susan Sarandon
Susan Lucci
Elizabeth Shue
Jane Seymour (definately NOT American or Canadian! lol people!)

We're pretty much sure all those are false... hehehehe
Mary Margaret Truman was indeed a Pi Phi--a member of the now-defunct DC Alpha chapter! There have been several references to her in the Arrow and there was a song that I've heard several chapters sing about her--

Mary Margaret Truman was the daughter of the Prez!
She lives up in the White House with her father, Harry S!
But her ******* I forget this line, it rhymed with the next one*,
She's a Pi Beta Phiiiii,
In 1952 when good ol' Harry got the shoe,
Mary Margaret Truman didn't know just what to do!
She went back to Missouri to open a brewery
And drink to the Pi Beta Phi! MORE BEER!!!!
Old 05-16-2003, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by amycat412
Faith and Jenny also never went to college.
Actually, I thought Jenny McCarthy went to Southern Illinois for a year or two. I could be wrong, though.