GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24

Old 11-05-2010, 01:00 PM
23girl

How long does a bid last?

I went through formal recruitment a couple of months ago at my school and i got into the sorority i wanted (: but with the circumstances i was put into i had to drop (& i dropped a couple days after i got my bid) which was unfortunate for me. but as i talked to my pledge mom she was really nice through what i was going through and she understood. now my question is that, could i go back to that sorority next fall or would i have to go through recruitment all over again?
Old 11-05-2010, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Talk to your house mom/panhellenic. Everyone is different. If you wanted to go back to the sorority I"m pretty sure you could repledge, but EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT SO DON'T QUOTE ME. We had a girl who did that.

Talk to your local campus people. They would be your best bet.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

If the sorority's policy allows it, you can go back *right now* (or at least with the Spring pledge class, if they have one). NPC rules are that the bid is good for a year, but that doesn't mean that the sorority has to take you back.

Next year you would have to re-rush, and are not guaranteed a bid anywhere.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I did a double take because I thought 33girl created this thread.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucgreek View Post
I did a double take because I thought 33girl created this thread.
I saw her username on the left for the "Meet our newest member" and I thought that it was someone socking (or at least attempting to sock).
Old 11-06-2010, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23girl View Post
I went through formal recruitment a couple of months ago at my school and i got into the sorority i wanted (: but with the circumstances i was put into i had to drop (& i dropped a couple days after i got my bid) which was unfortunate for me. but as i talked to my pledge mom she was really nice through what i was going through and she understood. now my question is that, could i go back to that sorority next fall or would i have to go through recruitment all over again?
The answer is NO. You would have to go through recruitment again. The bid lasts for a year. Even if you went back now, they may not be able to take you back if they picked up another girl to fill your place and are at Total. They also do NOT HAVE to take you back even though the bid prohibits you from going anywhere else for the year. Just wanted to make it VERY clear for you since jennyj87 muddied the waters with her post. That would be correct if you tried to go back during the year.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 11-07-2010, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Just wanted to make it VERY clear for you since jennyj87 muddied the waters with her post.
Mer no. I told her everyone was different. They might not want to take her back.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyj87 View Post
Mer no. I told her everyone was different. They might not want to take her back.
And you would be correct IF she went back BEFORE next fall. The devil is in the details. Her bid would no longer be valid at that point and she would have to rerush no matter what the chapter wanted to do.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!