GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,370
2 members and 1,368 guests
LaneSig, TLLK

Old 12-02-2016, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

NPHC and Interest

I am looking for serious answers please. I am interested in joining a BGLO. I transferred to my university from community college last fall. Being apart of the first generation in my family to go off to college I never had anyone to talk to, in regards to what is right and what is wrong when showing interest in BGLO. My first day on campus I seen the alphas and how they were on campus. I seen that they were very intelligent bruhs and most of them were apart of the most highest honorary fraternity on my campus as well as being a member of Alpha Phi Alpha. seeing that, and also seeing that they were the only fraternity that stood out on campus I was drawn to the org. I showed interest in the fraternity got cool with some of the bruhs and later was invited to the informational. Also, I did minimal research about the org, and I will be honest I am a person that sometimes act on impulse. So I did very little research on the org and I thought from the research I did it was the fraternity for me. BTW this didnt happen during the fall semester it was span of the full year. Later in the spring semester the Kappa's crossed. At first I didnt look twice at them, however after doing major research on all of the orgs I came to the decision that Kappa was the one for me. My question to you guys is this accepted in greek life? Or should I just stop showing interest in both orgs? I really need to know, because I dont want to seem as if my loyalty is flawed. So please let me know how members of BGLO view this?
Old 12-02-2016, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GenCollegeKid View Post
I am looking for serious answers please. I am interested in joining a BGLO. I transferred to my university from community college last fall. Being apart of the first generation in my family to go off to college I never had anyone to talk to, in regards to what is right and what is wrong when showing interest in BGLO. My first day on campus I seen the alphas and how they were on campus. I seen that they were very intelligent bruhs and most of them were apart of the most highest honorary fraternity on my campus as well as being a member of Alpha Phi Alpha. seeing that, and also seeing that they were the only fraternity that stood out on campus I was drawn to the org. I showed interest in the fraternity got cool with some of the bruhs and later was invited to the informational. Also, I did minimal research about the org, and I will be honest I am a person that sometimes act on impulse. So I did very little research on the org and I thought from the research I did it was the fraternity for me. BTW this didnt happen during the fall semester it was span of the full year. Later in the spring semester the Kappa's crossed. At first I didnt look twice at them, however after doing major research on all of the orgs I came to the decision that Kappa was the one for me. My question to you guys is this accepted in greek life? Or should I just stop showing interest in both orgs? I really need to know, because I dont want to seem as if my loyalty is flawed. So please let me know how members of BGLO view this?
Sorry, but this is not the place to ask.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:58 PM

How many groups exactly have you been researching?
Old 12-02-2016, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

all of 5 nphc fraternities
Old 12-02-2016, 02:30 PM

Then you should probably delete this post and research a little more.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

If I were you, I would man up and ask to have a sit-down with the President of the Alphas and tell him you hadn't performed the proper research when you first expressed interest. Tell him that now that you've done your research, you don't believe Alpha is the right fit for you. Apologize for wasting their time, but tell them you hope it won't impact your friendship (if you have one).

If you handle this by simply disappearing and turning up as a member of another organization, you WILL be talked about poorly by everyone.

And even if you do everything I said, if you become a Kappa, it will be a known fact that you wanted to be an Alpha first. So I hope you learn how to handle that maturely.