GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,293
1 members and 1,292 guests
znathanhulzeo24

Old 10-31-2003, 10:18 AM

Holy crap Kelly, your sweetie looks like Duckie from Pretty In Pink (aka Jon Cryer).
Old 10-31-2003, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Hey, Hey, I am not a Greedey kind of Guy! Just very loving for Laddays!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 11-15-2003, 02:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Question Nosy folx want to know....

Any updates????
Old 11-15-2003, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by navane

I suppose, but, I don't share! I don't want to have another SAEactive situation on my hands....

.....Kelly
ROFLMAO!!!

Seriously though, anything new to report?
Old 11-17-2003, 02:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by breathesgelatin
Do the Romanovs still have any money? Or are they just normal people with royal titles?

Sorry for the hijack... but that is supercool that you got that experience!
Again, I'm not really on the royal "in crowd" (I was just a lucky bystander really) so I can't say with absolute certainty. Though, I do believe that the Romanovs still have money. HRH Prince Dimitri Romanov and his wife, Dorrit, were the grand guests as this event. The reception and dinner were meant to be a fundraiser for the Romanov Fund for Russia which provides assistance to underpriviliedged children [in Russia]. Anyway, the Romanovs were all wearing expensive gowns and jewlery. Princess Dorritt was even wearing a real tiara!

This particular event was being co-presented by the Almanach de Gotha and the London Debutante Season. Of course, midway through the reception, conversations were halted for the presentation of the debutantes, about 12 in all. Woah! I was not expecting that at all! They're definitely not like the American style deb presentations. Being an event put on by the Alamanch de Gotha *and* the London Debutante Season it stands to reason that there were guests with a lot of money in the room.

I was not one of them.

Well hey, if you or anyone else has anymore questions, feel free to PM me!

.....Kelly

Edited to fix an awful run-on sentence!

Last edited by navane; 11-17-2003 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-17-2003, 02:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
Holy crap Kelly, your sweetie looks like Duckie from Pretty In Pink (aka Jon Cryer).

Really?? hrm...I'm not sure I see it. Then again, I only remember Jon Cryer as a young man. Do you mean Neil looks like Duckie as seen in Pretty in Pink or that he looks like Jon Cryer as he looks now?

A lot of people (Americans!!) say that Neil reminds them of Hugh Grant. He doesn't look anything like Hugh Grant! Neil's hair sometimes grows too long and does that Hugh Grant floppy hairstyle thing. The only "real" reason people say that is because Neil is English and thus has an English accent. Though, I can't say he sounds like Hugh Grant either!!

.....Kelly
Old 11-17-2003, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SAEalumnus
ROFLMAO!!!

Yeah, I'm not the kind to fight over a man. No thanks. Not for you and not for Tom either.

.....Kelly
Old 11-17-2003, 02:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Okkkkk....okkkk......so everyone wants the update.

Right....uhm...ok.

Well, it stands to reason that I have resumed AI activities now that I have returned to the US. Not much has happened by way of meeting people or anything. Of course, it's the middle of the semester right before midterms, and some big holidays (Thanksgiving, Chanukah and Christmas) so people are busy and such.

I'm sorry that I can't say much more.

.....Kelly
Old 11-17-2003, 03:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I hear ya!

Kelly~
I hear you on the "not much to report" note. I was getting a little frustrated (but only because I'm so excited) that I haven't really heard back from any of my contacts. Its really very hard to start from scratch not knowing anyone personally who can give you hints or maybe even find you a sponsor. Living in such a "greek-resistant" area, its hard to even find any groups in my area. I say "Greek Resistant" because I live in an area where there area a lot of Catholic schools, and mostly, catholic institutions (any religiously affiliated institution I think) are resistant to any groups that may "exclude" ( I think I read that on one of the school websites).
I do know a few fraternity brothers, but I guess that really doesn't help as far as sponsors (hehe). At any rate, I forgot about it being near the holidays and taking that into consideration--so once I read your post I felt a little better (and how very impatient that I truly am) and I have to step back and think of this as a long process that might take a few years, just like yours has.
Thanks Kelly Your story really has helped a lot , and its very good knowing that there are others going through the same thing!
Old 01-20-2004, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi everyone,

Jill didn't bump my post, but I thought I should give an update anyway. I'm not sure if anyone still cares or if my three year AI saga has totally bored people to death!

Well, things moved forward a teeny tiny bit....but that's about it. I'm hoping that, since springtime is right around the corner, that everything will pick up a bit. If not, I have no idea what I will do. I don't think I could bear another YEAR of waiting. If there's no sigificant progress by June or so, I'm going to consider giving up. You know, when it comes down to it, I only wanted to help uplift the lives of college students and maybe make some great friends in the process. I suppose there are other ways I could find to achieve this...

I just want to add that it totally makes my day to see the other PNAMs "running to their houses". I support ALL of the PNAMs; but I'm especially rooting for adduncan at the moment! With the pride and joy that some of the [initiated] AIs demonstrate for their orgs, you know they're going to be great lifetime members. This is what it's all about!

.....Kelly
Old 01-20-2004, 09:45 PM

I wanted to bump, but a teenage kid (my stepson) had just gotten home and needed to do his homework!

Had the nerve to interrupt me! Of course I care darlin!

Sweetie I am sending you vibes! If I can help, let me know
Old 01-21-2004, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jill1228
I wanted to bump, but a teenage kid (my stepson) had just gotten home and needed to do his homework!

Had the nerve to interrupt me! Of course I care darlin!

hehehe....it's all good! I wasn't trying to say that you don't care! I was just thinking that after so long with nothing really interesting to say, that most people would just skip over my thread.

Of course, if anything interesting does happen, I will let everyone know!

.....Kelly
Old 01-21-2004, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Kelly,

I'm sending lots of warm wishes your way...after meeting you last month, I know that you'd make a wonderful new alumna member to ANY organization!

Greek love,
Jennie
Old 01-29-2004, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Good luck Kelly. I'll be hoping for some good news this month!

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 01-30-2004, 02:35 AM

Kelly...I am sending good vibes your way!