GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,478
0 members and 1,478 guests
No Members online

Old 06-27-2002, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Gam Crowned Miss Model of the World

From the AGD website...

Alpha Gam Crowned Miss Model of the World—Canada 2001

Three years ago, Danielle Keenan, Beta Gamma—University of Winnipeg, made a phone call at 3 a.m. to inquire about the qualifications for one of Manitoba’s pageants. Three years later and with various titles under her belt, Danielle was crowned Miss Model of the World—Canada 2001.

Being crowned Miss Model of the World—Canada 2001 is the latest of many titles for Danielle. Her other titles include: Miss Teen Tourism Canada 2001, Miss Teen Manitoba and Manitoba’s representative at Miss Teen Canada International 2000 and 2001, where she finished in the top eight as well as received the scholastic award. Danielle feels her experience in pageants has taught her invaluable lessons.

“This experience is an awesome advantage to any person,” Danielle said. “I love the opportunity to interact with the public and to volunteer at so many events.”

Danielle feels so strongly that pageants are a positive influence that she began her own local pageant. In the future, she hopes to organize and direct her own provincial pageant.

“Pageants demand a lot of time, effort and dedication and these are helpful qualities to any person. Pageants have helped me develop as a person and I feel I have become a better all around person because of my participation in pageants.”

To Danielle, the highlight of her reign is the opportunity to promote and expand her platform, Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention. This topic is especially important to Danielle because she suffered and recovered from both anorexia and bulimia.

“It was incredibly tough and now that I have the opportunity to help other young people by providing them with information and knowledge, I feel like I went through that incredible battle for a reason.”

Danielle is currently preparing for her next pageant, Miss North American Teen, in July.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-27-2002, 08:20 PM
Unregistered-

Thumbs up

Red and buff roses to Danielle!!!
Old 06-27-2002, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Wow! Major congratulations to Danielle for all her hard work and dedication!
Old 06-28-2002, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

What a wonderful accomplishment! Congratulations and red & buff roses to Danielle!