GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,021
2 members and 1,019 guests
AOIIalum, zsamulpitt5293

Old 01-07-2002, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DGpledge
Arrow Dreading meeting tonite... (re: facing my sisters)

Ok, so Saturday night I had a party at my place to celebrate my roommie's b-day (she's in a diff sorority than I). I invited all my sisters over, everyone had fun. Needless to say...I can hardly remember anything that happened that night. Tonight will be the first time I'll see them since Saturday night. I can already hear them lecturing me about stuff I might have done while being a little tipsy. As I said I hardly remember anything & I can bet I must have done some emberassing things I would have otherwise not done if sober. The entire greek community was practically here, I'm scared they might think I did something that would affect our "image" on campus. How should I deal with everyone? I mean I know I wasn't in my right mind & I'm not exactly proud of what happened that night, but as they say "shit happens". How should I deal with it tonite? I've already heard it from my roommies, now tonite I'll hear it from my sisters. I'm scared...
Old 01-07-2002, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
DG-
Try and play it off. If they start giving you a hard time, agree with them. If they start teasing you, laugh at them. Say "I can't believe I was so tipsy either! Its definitely one of those times that calls for a pledge of "i'll never drink again!"" Hold your head high and say, but damn I had a good time--and I'm glad I could amuse all of you at the same time!

I know how you feel though. I was afraid to call my friends on New Years Day for fear they'd harass me about how drunk and silly I was on New Years Eve. The last thing we want in the days after a drunken night is to be reminded of the things we said and did while under the influence-- but that's part of the price for our fun.

It will be fine.

Hey-where do you go to school? I went to school in CA and our meetings were always on Monday too.

Amy
Old 01-07-2002, 08:06 PM

Sweetie,

Shit happens. It's all in the family. That's what sisterhood means. So please don't stress out about it!
Old 01-07-2002, 09:06 PM

It happens. I'm sure that many of them have done something like that in their lives as well. If someone says something, just laugh it off. There's no need to apologize unless you said something waaaay out of line. But, you can always say something like, "Yeah, I was acting like a moron. I don't ever want to be that drunk again" so that they understand that you weren't proud of what you did. Hope it all goes ok!
Old 01-07-2002, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
They might give you a hard time depending on what you did. Usually things like this blow over in a week. Wait until next weekend when someone else gets wasted and you won't be that girl anymore. BTW, what exactly happened?

Last edited by Peaches-n-Cream; 01-07-2002 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sue_XO Send a message via Yahoo to Sue_XO
I think if you really did something THAT awful- a sister would of pulled you aside and put you to bed. Everyone gets razzed for stupid stuff they do while intoxed- like Amy says- laugh at yourself and just claim the 11th commandment

"I shall never drink again"

All will be fine sweetie!

Sue
Old 01-08-2002, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
I agree with what most have said. If you had been that bad, they'd have pulled you aside and 'whispered in your ear'.

I can sorta relate. I am not a really big drinker as a rule (I never get sloppy or anything, and haven't ever even thrown up or had a hangover. I take it slow), but when I go out, I go out to have fun, not to stand in a corner and look cute and hope some fraternity man approaches me. I have gotten heat about it in the past, but basically told em that that was me, as is. As long as my behavior was not inappropriate, then they would just have to accept it.
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 01-08-2002, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaChiS2K
Sweetie-

Everyone has to be THAT GIRL at least once. Don't worry about it- I guarantee that every one of your sisters has acted stupid while drunk. Don't sweat it, I promise.

Take care!
Old 01-08-2002, 12:53 PM
Banned

Cool

Yeah, I want to know what happened too!

As if in any other potentially embarrassing situation joke about it and act proud (unless you did something extremely terrible), and then ignore. Don't act like it bothered you, if you do they won't let you live it down.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Really, it all depends on WHAT you did. If you were just sloppy drunk and a little obnoxious, then I don't think you'll be reprimanded because, quite frankly, who HASN'T gotten sloppy drunk and obnoxious at some point in their college years?

However, if you made some comments or acted in a manner that hurt a sister's feelings or made a sister angry, then you probably need to apologize up front before anything else is said. An honest apology will go a long way in soothing sore feelings, especially if you do it before someone ASKS you for one.

I suppose that your roomies have filled you in already on what you did? If so, figure out for yourself exactly how "bad" your actions/words were, and see if they warrant an apology at your meeting tonight. If they do, then take the bull by the horns and go ahead and make your apologies before the meeting starts. If you feel like your actions/words weren't that "bad", then just sit tight and see if anyone says anything.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Question last night's meeting...

Hey DGPledge,

How did your meeting go last night? Everything okay?
Old 01-09-2002, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DGpledge
LOL, why is it everyone always pledges "Never to drink again" but then the following week-end they completely forget about how horrible they were feeling the past week-end? lol

I've never in my life gotten that trashed, as someone else said...never even gotten sick from alcohol. I don't even remember if I puked that night or not. It was bad.

A few things I do remember...being extremely obnoxious to this 1 guy for no reason at all (he's my roommie's friend, she was sorta upset at my behavior towards him), I had also invited this one guy from work whom I know has a thing for me- then ignored him all night! (he didn't know anyone here either, so he left early since I wasn't hanging out with him). Then I somehow ended up in the bushes, spa, my room...with some guy... I'm usually not like that, so I thought that my sister's would give me heat about the whole guy thing. He's an XYZ, biggest house on campus, I'm kinda fearing for my rep now too....

Anywho, at meeting my sister's were just laughing and joking about me. How I couldn't even stand on my own 2 feet! How I was falling all over the place, and spilling beer on everyone. I was worried about nothing. Luckily though, no one saw me leaving with that 1 guy...so I'm relieved about that...I know a few of my sister's who would have acted like my mom had they known...I was scared they'd say something about how poorly I was representing our house, etc... But I didn't get any of that...Let's hope I don't either...

Thank you all for replying...it's nice knowing this sorta thing happens to everyone
Old 01-09-2002, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I wouldn't fear for your rep with XYZ. Chi Upsilon Zetas are usully gentleman. I'm in a dumb mood tonight.
Old 01-10-2002, 07:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool this too shall pass

next weekend, someone else will be the dubious star, and you become yesterday's news.
mmcat