GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,541
1 members and 1,540 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-10-2004, 08:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to #1 Leading Lady Send a message via Yahoo to #1 Leading Lady
Do You Tell???????

Do you tell your mate everything and everything truthful????

The topic came about with me and my LS concerning 2 questions regarding how much to do you really tell your mate and how truthful you are.

Question 1: Do you have a separate checking/savings account only in your name? If yes, does your mate know of this account and the balance?

Question 2: When your mate ask you how many sexual partners have you been with, do you give him the real number?
My answer for Question 1:
I was brought up with the values that a woman should always keep a secret acccount separate from her mate just in case that fool starting acting crazy you can handle your own business and just for a security cushion for yourself. So yes, I have one and no Mr. #1LL doesn't know.

My Answer for Question #2: NEVER EVA EVA EVA reveal the correct # because men like to use that # against you. My reply to How many sexual partners I have been with is a simple " Baby, all you need to know is I have been with you" I have seen my family and friends tell the real # and soon as an argument breaks out she is a "garden tool", "street walker" you get the picture every name but the one that her momma gave her.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-10-2004, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ykimber
My boyfriend does know about my two seperate accounts however he doesn't know the balance in either.

I haven't told him how many people I have been with because he has not shared that information with me. I am an open person but if you hold back from me I will hold back from you.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Nuevo Jersey...all the time wishing that I was in Puerto Rico!!!
Mr. Blackerican does not know about the seperate savings account or the 401K!!!!

He also has no idea about the #!!!! He never asked me...so I just left it at that!!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, my boyfriend knows about my seperate accounts. I only tell him the balance if I'm asking to borrow some money.

He knows the number because he asked me one time and I had no reason to hide it.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

The checking account thing isn't an issue cause we aren't married.
But as far as the number, he knows, but he can't complain, especially since he's, umm...waaaaayyyyyyyyyy more experienced than me...as a matter of fact, you could square my number and still not be close to his.

Last edited by Nubian; 03-12-2004 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to msn4med1975 Send a message via Yahoo to msn4med1975
ROFL not square the number. That's too funy. I'm not dating but plan to have three accounts in the household. My money, his money and OUR MONEY. I don't think I'm anymore entitled to funny money than he is so if I want it I gotta be willing to give it. However, most of the change will be going into OUR MONEY so we can pay bills and take care of the family. Well most of the money that NEEDS to go in there. Momma always told me to have a nestegg too JUST in case he acts a monkey.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

As for the number, if he asks I'll let him know but it's not something that's come up to date. Men just assume you've been waiting on them all your life so to date no one has ever asked.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Do you tell

I don't have a separate account because I handle the finances and he doesn't ever look at it.

Question 2: He has never asked so he doesn't want to know which is fine with me
Old 03-12-2004, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: To all the bill collecta's I clare fo'gawd i'll pay ya on the 1st
Send a message via AIM to Gyrl7 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyrl7
IHO, I just think certain things should just be between you and God!

Howevva, interms of the finances I would let him know up front that yes I do have a checking or savings account that is for me personally. This account has no affect on my household contributions and will not be used for such.

As far as sexual partners are concerned, well that's one of the things that would be between me and God! It's really none of his business and do you (generally speaking) think he will be truthful to you in his number of partners??? As long as my STD(including HIV/AIDS) results are straight, he don't need to know nutt'n else!
Old 03-13-2004, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
Question #1: Hubby and I both have separate savings accounts and I know how much is in his but he did not know how much was in mine until we bought our new car and I had to use it to pay the balance. We have a joint checking account and since I balance the checkbook and handle the bills, he doesn't really know how much is in it. And he doesn't really care to know until he needs to buy something.

Question #2: Hubby and I talked about that once and we both knew that the other had a past before we met. We didn't mention any specifics or anything like that, though. We got tested for HIV before we got serious and since we're both straight we haven't visited that issue since.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Married for almost 11 years

My husband and I have both seperate and joint accounts. I pay the monthly bills. He does NOT know that I get a big fat bonus check every year from my job; he only sees the year-end tax forms that he has to sign .

As far as sexual partners, suffice it to say that we each know everything that has happened since we said I DO; anything before that day almost 11 years ago is irrelevant since we have taken all precautions to make sure that neither of us brought any sexual baggage into the relationship.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I brought this back up because it came up on another board that I was on. Not many people replied...but what do you think?

Do you want to know how many sexual partners your mate has in his/her past?
At what point would you say, "Ok, I can't handle it..."
Do you not care?
Old 04-14-2004, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't say that I want to know how many people he's sleep with. I would care about the TYPE of people he slept with (meaning was he at some point dating one of his boys or some such thing) and was he safe. If either one of those answers wasn't satisfactory we probably wouldn't be together much longer.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Banned

Re: Do You Tell???????

Quote:
Originally posted by #1 Leading Lady
Do you tell your mate everything and everything truthful????

The topic came about with me and my LS concerning 2 questions regarding how much to do you really tell your mate and how truthful you are.

Question 1: Do you have a separate checking/savings account only in your name? If yes, does your mate know of this account and the balance?

Question 2: When your mate ask you how many sexual partners have you been with, do you give him the real number?
My answer for Question 1:
I was brought up with the values that a woman should always keep a secret acccount separate from her mate just in case that fool starting acting crazy you can handle your own business and just for a security cushion for yourself. So yes, I have one and no Mr. #1LL doesn't know.

My Answer for Question #2: NEVER EVA EVA EVA reveal the correct # because men like to use that # against you. My reply to How many sexual partners I have been with is a simple " Baby, all you need to know is I have been with you" I have seen my family and friends tell the real # and soon as an argument breaks out she is a "garden tool", "street walker" you get the picture every name but the one that her momma gave her.

1. I have a separate checking account and savings in my name that I have since I was in high school. However my husband does know about it and he really doesn't mind. But when funds our low far as bill payments, then he expects me to "dip" in those funds. So he doens't know how much money I REALLY have in that account, cause all my statements are online.

2. Yes I gave my spouse the real answer, because my total was not that much compared to his. So even if we do get into an argument he cant use that against me.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

My fiance' and I are BEST FRIENDS. We have no secrets. I have shared my most intimate and private details of my life with him. He's done the same for me. We've shared info on who, what when, where, why etc....... It's actually very comical!!

As far as bank accounts: I have my own and so does he. He usually knows how much I have in my account because he makes WAY MORE money than I do and he usually has to put money in my acct. or pay some of my bills. However we are going to get one joint account as soon as we get married.