GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,824
0 members and 1,824 guests
No Members online

Old 04-14-2009, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Camaro View Post
Violet Sparkle- Alpha Chi Omega
I must agree that theire lyre badge is one of the prettiest badges in the NPC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Camaro View Post
Midnight Blue- Delta Zeta (did anybody catch the little clue I left near the end of my Bid Day post?)
I did catch that, but since I was unsure about the school, I thought it could also have been AXiD as well.

I think it's so funny that you and your twin both ended up at Chi Omega even after not telling each other ANYTHING about where you even went.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-15-2009, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I am guessing--which I would never do in a real-time story--University of Houston?

Somebody must remember my mentioning here, once or twice, the twin Chi Omegas who were bridesmaids in my wedding...
Old 04-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

LOL! No, I'm a Houston native and I know which sororities that UH has.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

DOH! True dat, and with that, I'm glad I could talk her into sharing her story.

Sidebar, carnation... UH-Clear Lake is actively pursuing conversion to a 4-year campus.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
LOL! No, I'm a Houston native and I know which sororities that UH has.

Me, too, and the "big annual philanthropy event" for Sky Blue Metallic was a dead giveaway since that's my chapter! Late 70's-early 80's and Candy Apple Red had set of twins then, too.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHDEEGEE View Post
Me, too, and the "big annual philanthropy event" for Sky Blue Metallic was a dead giveaway since that's my chapter! Late 70's-early 80's and Candy Apple Red had set of twins then, too.
I wondered if you would catch that when she wrote it! I even mentioned it to her. There's nothing like the sight of thousands of rubber duckies floating down Buffalo Bayou. Does the chapter still do the duck race?
Old 04-16-2009, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

The Houston DG Foundation was the group who did the Duck Race each year but we quit several (10?) years ago. It was such a HUGE undertaking to host a city wide family event that we needed every UH collegiate & Houston alumnae group we could get to help organize it. I still have one of the ducks with the cute sunglasses, though!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

I can still remember the sororities at UH performing in the Frontier Fiesta a loooong time ago. My cousin was president of the Midnight Blues.

The Candy Apple Reds pledged a bunch of women from my high school! And y'all remember justamom? Violet Sparkle was her chapter!
Old 04-20-2009, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Maybe she means that they could share things like utensils, hair product, towels, etc. as opposed to buying two sets of everything if they lived separately....
Old 04-21-2009, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Or maybe her school at the time DID have a discount for family members living together. Just because it was the same price for her twins living together or separately doesn't mean it's that way everywhere.

Maybe some Chi Omegas who were initiated in the late 80s or Chi Omegas particularly knowlegdeable about Chi Omega National policies throughout the years could chime in as to whether all chapters initiated their new members the following semester or if they were free to follow the campus norms?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiOmegaMOM2 View Post
I've tried to be nice about this and sent you PMs for which you have NOT responded, but NOW, I've had a real problem with your story. After reading your quote above, I don't believe you. For one thing, I am the mother of twins who went to college and had different roomates the first year. They lived in the same dorm with different roomates. It is the same price if the roommate is the twin or if it is another person. You seem to be making this whole thing up. If not, my apologies. There are a few points to your story that don't add up Especially, the initiation dates.
If it is true, good for you.

I obviously can't answer for 66Camaro regarding your question on initiation, but I can answer the dorm question for you, having once been a dorm resident myself at the university in question.

At the time we went to school, the twins had the option of living separately with different roommates in one dorm, or living in a different dorm in the same room, together- which WAS cheaper than the first option. You're right that the price should be the same per person whether you're paying for one or two or ten people, but at that time, the different dorms charged different rates for rooms. In other words, the rate was different for one person in a two-bedroom, four-person suite, with both bedrooms sharing one bathroom between them (so 4 people to a bathroom), than for one person in a room with two beds for two people and a private bathroom.

I'm also guessing that BabyPink was right about the costs of shampoos and toiletries.

Last edited by CougarGrad; 04-21-2009 at 12:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-21-2009, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiOmegaMOM2 View Post
I've tried to be nice about this and sent you PMs for which you have NOT responded, but NOW, I've had a real problem with your story. After reading your quote above, I don't believe you. For one thing, I am the mother of twins who went to college and had different roomates the first year. They lived in the same dorm with different roomates. It is the same price if the roommate is the twin or if it is another person. You seem to be making this whole thing up. If not, my apologies. There are a few points to your story that don't add up Especially, the initiation dates.
If it is true, good for you.
Meow hiss hiss. Seriously, was this necessary? I mean, of ALL things to lie about, (IF she was going to lie...) why this?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL View Post
Maybe she means that they could share things like utensils, hair product, towels, etc. as opposed to buying two sets of everything if they lived separately....
Do twins seriously do that? Um, yuk. I don't care if I was identical and my twin was my BFF and we lived in a refrigerator box, I'd want my own damn bottle of hair spray.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
I happen to have baby sisters who are twins and YES it is more economical for them to share. They shared a womb, they share DNA, what's a comb, a bedroom, clothes, etc? Of course they aren't colleged age yet and that may change but just b/c you wouldn't do it, doesn't mean twins wouldn't. In fact my whole family (since we're all women but my dad) share one shampoo and conditioner, hot iron, combs, etc. It's not an inconvenience and no one seems to mind. It'd be impossible to determine who owns what if we did have separate things because no one "respects" that in my house anyway! If I buy cotton balls or nail polish remover, shaving gel, etc. it's all fair game once it leaves my room.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Do twins seriously do that? Um, yuk. I don't care if I was identical and my twin was my BFF and we lived in a refrigerator box, I'd want my own damn bottle of hair spray.
I'm just thinking of when I was living at home and sharing a room with my sister. We shared a lot of things, but not to the point where it'd be gross. Stuff like shampoo, nail polish remover, hair dryer, etc. It worked out just fine for what, 13 years?