GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,434
2 members and 1,432 guests
bmilesqtivaov13, naraht

Old 10-02-2001, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I waited a while, but here it is.

Name: Nina
Chapter: Theta Sigma Chapter- Valdosta State University
Pledged: Fall 99 (when I was 21, and transfered schools TWICE)

I am an alumna as of the next EC MEETING! It's been a long obsticle, and I had to go through IHQ to get permission to go alumna because my chapter gave me the wrong info about the whole going-alumna process. They (some alumna and the president) told me that I can write a letter to EC the same semester as I wanted to go alumna in. Apparently that was wrong and I was rejected by EC. But ANYWAYS, with doubts from even my president (who told OTHER people I probably wouldn't get it from IHQ), IHQ has written a letter to my EC to grant me alumna status as long as I was financially up to date as of last semester. (I am...) So to remind everyone, if you ever want to go alumna or inactive, you have to write a letter to EC a semester BEFORE! On the bright side, I think I will be more useful as an alumna. lol.

Why I joined AGD: They are a comfortable bunch...it felt right.

Fave memory: Probably a sisterhood retreat we took to a state park- Lake Eufala. It was fun!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-02-2001, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

CONGRATS on finally going alum! I know it has been a long road for ya! Does anyone else's chapter have the same tradition as us? We stand when an Alum walks in a room for the first time and when they leave for the last time. I was just wondering! Thanks! Sarah

Facebook
Old 10-02-2001, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Standing up for Alums

We did that when I was a collegiate back in OLD days. The few times I've been back on the hall, I noticed that they didn't. Perhaps they need to be told!
Old 10-02-2001, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome, Andrea! So glad you've joined us here on the AGD boards!

Loyally,
Maria
(PS: My parents live in Tucson. Don't you just love Arizona? )
Old 10-03-2001, 04:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ees125
At my chapter, we stoof when any alum walked into the room as well. However, if someone was still living on the floor and in her last semester, he was around so much it got a bit old, so it was more for returning Alumnae.

I always thought it was a nice show of respect.
Old 10-11-2001, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey I'm new here so here's a great chance to get to know me b/c I've read a ton of your posts!

Name: Angie

Chapter and College: Alpha Pi, Wayne State University

Why go AGD: I rushed in the Fall of 2000 my best friend and I were talking about getting more involved in things b/c Wayne is a commuter school and it's easy to just go to school and go home. I had went to Central Michigan for a semester and I was telling her that my roommates had decieded to rush AGD and we got talking about Greek life and we decided that we both wanted to rush. Well just as we were leaving there was a lit table set up to sign girls up and we did and we've been sooo happy about our decision since

Fav Memory: There's a bunch but I think my favorite were at RTS this year and Rush. I got to bond with a bunch of cool girls and I also got to spend some quality time with my sis-mom(she went alum Winter 2001) and I just stayed up all night at RTS talking with her.
Old 10-11-2001, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

welcome to greekchat Angie! :0)
Old 10-11-2001, 02:08 PM
UMgirl

Hi Angie!

Welcome to the insanity of Greek Chat

Woohoo another Michigan chapter!
Old 10-14-2001, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey what's up? I remember you guys coming to meeting! Everyone thought you guys were so sweet and we loved having you at meeting. A friend of mine goes there and she said there are 3 AGDs in her hall and that they said the Wayne State girls are cool. I told my chapter and they were like so are the EMU girls! Did you like Z's and the Pike house? I loved going to Z's but they tore it down, made a parking structure and opened wayyyy down on Woodward!

Anyway, I want to say what's up to the Michigan chapters!! I have got a ton of homework to do so I'll drop y'all a line later!

Angie
Old 10-16-2001, 07:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to canadajen
Re: Alpha Gam Roll Call

Well, I figured that it was about time to add myself to the roll call, so here goes ...

Jen (alumna)
University of British Columbia - Delta Zeta '97

Favorite AGD memories:
1) My Bid Day (Fall 1997) ... I suicided on my pref card & didn't sleep a wink after pref, waiting & fearing that I'd receive the dreaded phone call from my rho chi that I wouldn't be getting a bid, but it never came! That fateful day I received my AGD bid, knowing that they really wanted me too ... our bid cards read something like: "Delta Zeta (chapter) of Alpha Gamma Delta unanimously invites you to become one of its members" ... this still brings tears to my eyes.

2) Sitting down with a sister earlier this week - she has been an amazing friend to me & one of the few people that has been there for me when everyone else seemed to walk away. Let me tell you that, as an only child, it is hard to express in words how much I love this girl that I truly consider to be my 'sister', especially after everything that's happened in my life during the past year or so.

Dang! here come the tears again ... it's been a rough road, but I can't say that I regret it - if only for the friends that I've made.

Jen
Old 10-16-2001, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey all you Michiganders as we call you here in KY.. one of our new members is from St. Joseph Michigan and I hear great things about all of your chapters.. perhaps sometime I will come up there and see them myself!
LIEP Sarah

Facebook
Old 01-31-2002, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

It seems like there's a big resurgence of new Alpha Gams on the boards again, so I'm giving this thread a big old BUMP...so everyone can introduce themselves and we can get to know you better!

*Bump, bump, bump*
Old 01-31-2002, 01:33 PM
UMgirl

Question

Hee hee, is there anyway we can keep this at the top like Sandy's Alpha Chapter Post. That way we can keep track! And since I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do at work, im going to count all the agd members.... I really do need a job and a life
Old 01-31-2002, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jessutagd Send a message via Yahoo to jessutagd
Name: Jessica Pietrzak
Chapter: Theta Phi, University of Tampa, Florida
Collegian
Why I joined Alpha Gam:

Well when I joined Alpha Gam we were just beginning, I heard some many great things about sororities. Heading into recruitment I was totally for another sorority, but when I met the girls I liked what they were about and who they were. They were caring and sweet. They were there for you and now I am so glad to be an Alpha Gam. I has given me a lot of great leadership roles and great friends and sisters. I am just so happy that i chose to be an alpha gam.
Old 01-31-2002, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Jess, didn't you guys have Kelly Berry for awhile, isn't she awesome? How is your chapter doing? Hear great things about you guys from our LC's! Love and loyalty, Sarah

Facebook