GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 2,246
1 members and 2,245 guests
No Members online

Old 08-17-2012, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so happy for you! Enjoy the pref party! Go Millionaire Matchmaker!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-17-2012, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

hooray!! Congratulations on your pref invite! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

So excited for you! I have loved your recruitment story so far, and I know there is a happy ending just ahead.

From the other posts on here, I can tell a lot of ladies immediately went to their computers this morning with their fingers crossed for you (including me). I never thought I would be pulling for "Millionaire Matchmaker" (...I think the show is vulgar), but I certainly have been for the past two days.

Looking forward to hearing how it went for you today!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtennisgal View Post
So excited for you! I have loved your recruitment story so far, and I know there is a happy ending just ahead.

From the other posts on here, I can tell a lot of ladies immediately went to their computers this morning with their fingers crossed for you (including me). I never thought I would be pulling for "Millionaire Matchmaker" (...I think the show is vulgar), but I certainly have been for the past two days.

Looking forward to hearing how it went for you today!
Re the bold: I know, right?
Old 08-17-2012, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Yea!! I hope you are having the best time tonite!!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low C Sharp View Post
I'm checking this thread constantly like a crazy person. You'd think I was waiting for my own rush results!
RIGHT? I wish you nothing but the best sweetie and I can't wait to hear all about it
Old 08-18-2012, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Day 7: Preference Day

Today was preference day! I was so excited to be invited back to Millionaire Matchmaker! Because of "maximizing my options" if I still like MM and ranked them on my preference card, then I was guaranteed a bid! I will admit, even though MM was one of my favorites from the beginning, I was a little nervous because I was afraid something might happen or I would decide that I didn't like the house.

I headed down to sorority row for one of my last times as a PNM and received my schedule. The sky was dark and the forecast indicated rain. Although I didn't have to worry about being cut my MM, I still wanted to look my best, so I prayed for the rain to stay away, both for my sake and for the sake of all the other PNM who looked so beautiful today!

Millionaire Matchmaker - Today was much more serious and somber than the previous days. Some of the sisters sang, and it was so beautiful it gave me goosebumps; I could tell that many of the sisters put their hearts into it because they were crying. I was then paired with the same girl who rushed me for Skit Round. I was so happy to see her again! The sisters then spoke about what their sisterhood had meant to them and why there were proud to be in MM. It was very emotional and almost brought me to tears. They then played a video with pictures of their sisterhood, which was also very moving. After the presentation I was able to talk privately with the girl who rushed me. We shared both personal feelings and laughs; it truly felt like we had known each other forever. I was sad to leave, but also excited because I realized I had found my home. This week had been horrible and chaotic at times, but in the end it was all worth it. I found a house that I not only loved, but also that wanted me. I will confess that I did cry a few tears of both joy and relief that this stressful week was finally coming to an end.

Tonight I ranked my one and only house without any doubt or hesitation. I knew I belonged there. As I walked out of voting, I saw so many PNMs who were either crying or had a torn look on their face. I prayed that they too would be able to find a house they loved as much as I did!

Tomorrow is Bid Day, and it can't come fast enough!
Old 08-18-2012, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

A Few Notes

Sorry my post about preference round was kind of cheesy and cliched. I really meant everything I said though (and I think I'm extra emotional because of this long, stressful week). Thank you all so much for all of your support and prayers! It's great to have so many people on your side.

Also, I want to apologize for my choice of television shows! I know MM is not the most appropriate show (it's the definition of a guilty pleasure!) and I hope I didn't offend anyone!

I'm so excited for tomorrow! I will definitely reveal which sorority is my new home after Bid Day!
Old 08-18-2012, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait to find out who MM is!
Hope you have an awesome time tomorrow!

Θ Φ Α

Old 08-18-2012, 02:19 AM

Good luck! I am excited to learn who Millionaire Matchmaker is!
Old 08-18-2012, 02:49 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm SO excited to hear the end to your story. Its such an amazing story it warms my heart and makes me smile.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Dear krtxo:

Wonderful story!

Your description of your pref round does not read as cheesy and cliched. Not everyone is able to experience these emotions or has the ability/gift to write about them.

NEVER apologize for who you are or what you feel.

Next installment: BID DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:23 AM
GreekChat Member

krtxo, your pref post was not cheesy at all! The entire week of recruitment is SO emotional -- if anybody deserves to shed a few tears of relief, it's the PNMs who made it all the way through to pref.

We are anxiously awaiting your news. What time do y'all receive your bids?
Old 08-18-2012, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

This was the last thread I checked before going to sleep & the first one when I woke up.

I love love your story.

So excited to hear who your new Sisters are!!!

Have a Wonderful Bid Day!!!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtxo View Post

Tonight I ranked my one and only house without any doubt or hesitation. I knew I belonged there. As I walked out of voting, I saw so many PNMs who were either crying or had a torn look on their face. I prayed that they too would be able to find a house they loved as much as I did!

You are the sweetest thing. You have a fantastic attitude. You're going to make a great addition to MM.