GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,596
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, hannahyanexto75
» Online Users: 1,158
0 members and 1,158 guests
No Members online

Old 08-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I don't get mad. This is just a message board and it takes more than that to make me mad about anything.

He really seems genuinely kind and tender hearted. We have good conversations and I enjoy spending time with him. Like I said, what I'm watching is more how he handles the stressful situation than the actual financial issue itself.

Also, taking it one date at a time.
Yes you do, everybody on here gets mad at something somebody said (including you), so I'm not buying that shit. Like I said, I was fuckn with you about the landscaping comment, but with dude, I don't really see it going anywhere. Not really based on him, but based on what you said about watching dude and how he plans on getting out of his dilemma. Dude has a lot of issues, which is why I was surprised you decided to fuck with him. You'll end up, eventually posting some dumb shit as of why it didn't work out. The issue isn't the dudes you fuck with, the issue is you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post
Come on, Dee - I'm absolutely certain an early-20s message board guy knows much better than you what this dude's intentions are, and what it means to have the life experiences this dude has. He definitely read the first part of a 200-word description of events, so you should listen.
I get the sarcasm, but most folks on GC (including you) read other members posts and assume/respond accordingly to the post, basing their opinion on what's been said. Usually as if they know the person's life experiences, while at the same time not knowing the person at all. Before you call somebody else out on that shit, add your username in there too. Technically, most folks don't really need a "200-word description" to get an idea of what the outcome will be. Any dumbass knows that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Believe me, if I didn't think you were entertaining, and I thought you were a dick, I wouldn't even read your posts. Comprende?
LOL you said this like I would give a shit if you did stop reading and responding to my posts. I'm just CTFU how you come on here being fake as hell, cosigning with ol girl, and then turning around and talking shit about being "equally yolked". Have a seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
Men on dating sites are a microcosm of men in general. Still a bunch of jerks, losers, those looking for hookups and ex-cons looking for a sugar mama.

Let us not forget the older white gentlemen who want to make me their Nubian queen. No thanks.
I feel you. I hear females making the same gripe you're making about dudes on dating sites. I don't know why it's so hard for females to hook up with dudes on dating sites. Some of my girl's friends complain about the same shit. I met a few females on PoF that were foul, but I had more success on PoF than the other sites I've been to. Where do you hang out? Hang out at some places where there might be some dudes who have the same interest you have. You might meet somebody cool there. You feel me?

Last edited by Iota Man; 08-03-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-03-2012, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota Man View Post
I'm just CTFU how you come on here being fake as hell, cosigning with ol girl, and then turning around and talking shit about being "equally yolked". Have a seat.
The term is equally yoked, not "equally yolked". I understand we all misspell words here and there, I'm guilty of this common mistake myself -not a big deal. But, I don't believe you even know what it is to be equally yoked. Being unequally yoked means the stronger has to suffer for the weakness of the other. The weak one is just…well, weak. It applies to both women and men, but I'm a man so I'm only going to speak about men, here. He's generally not going to be pulled or stretched beyond what he is capable of doing with his own strength, and that doesn't just mean physically -I'm talking financially, spiritually, emotionally, etc. Being equally yoked is the opposite of that. To give you more of an understanding of what it is to be unequally yoked, it's kind of like mixing linen and cotton together. They just pull against one another and ruin the shape of the outfit. Relationships generally aren't any different.

One of the ways to find out if you are equally yoked with the other person is through conversation and time spent. Since you don't seem to understand this concept (based on previous, erroneous advice/posts you have given in this thread), conversation is part of the experience of knowing the fullness of the other person. So, if your exchange is limited, then how do you expect to get close to the other person?

It's always more about conversation and time spent, and less about "ass tapping", "hitting it", "riding that ass", and "fucking". I generally keep foul language out of my vocabulary, unless I'm quoting what someone else has posted/said.

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 08-03-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Banned

LOL. I used to say "equally yolked" because the egg yolk analogy made complete sense to me. Then I was reminded of what a yoke (device that joins things together) is and that analogy of course makes sense. Yolk...yoke...whether you stir it up together or join it together like cattle...however you need to join people together. LOL. I may still type "equally yolked" from time to time. Don't judge me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
The term is equally yoked, not "equally yolked". I understand we all misspell words here and there, I'm guilty of this common mistake myself -not a big deal. But, I don't believe you even know what it is to be equally yoked. Being unequally yoked means the stronger has to suffer for the weakness of the other. The weak one is just…well, weak. It applies to both women and men, but I'm a man so I'm only going to speak about men, here. He's generally not going to be pulled or stretched beyond what he is capable of doing with his own strength, and that doesn't just mean physically -I'm talking financially, spiritually, emotionally, etc. Being equally yoked is the opposite of that. To give you more of an understanding of what it is to be unequally yoked, it's kind of like mixing linen and cotton together. They just pull against one another and ruin the shape of the outfit. Relationships generally aren't any different.

One of the ways to find out if you are equally yoked with the other person is through conversation and time spent. Since you don't seem to understand this concept (based on previous, erroneous advice/posts you have given in this thread), conversation is part of the experience of knowing the fullness of the other person. So, if your exchange is limited, then how do you expect to get close to the other person?

It's always more about conversation and time spent, and less about "ass tapping", "hitting it", "riding that ass", and "fucking". I generally keep foul language out of my vocabulary, unless I'm quoting what someone else has posted/said.
Your post is an illustration of equality in yokivity (don't take my phrase, people). Cute. You have officially set your GC boundary with Iota Man. LOL.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:

For the record, aspects of conversation, exchange, time spent, and closeness are cultural. Agree or disagree, there is really no set standard.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
I know what it means, home's. It's about if two people are compatible basically. My girl preaches this shit to me all the time because I won't go to church with her. I feel what you're saying if that works for you, but for me it's "more" about ass tapping, hittin it, and riding that ass. The "less" ass tapping, hittin it, and ass riding I do, the more I want to tap that ass, hit it, ride that ass, and fuck. I can "spend time" with her while I fuck her, and there's always plenty of "conversation" during the act of fucking LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
LOL. I used to say "equally yolked" because the egg yolk analogy made complete sense to me. Then I was reminded of what a yoke (device that joins things together) is and that analogy of course makes sense. Yolk...yoke...whether you stir it up together or join it together like cattle...however you need to join people together. LOL. I may still type "equally yolked" from time to time. Don't judge me.
CTFU! I feel you. I only spelled it that way because that's the way it sounds when my girl says it. AQAK, she probably thinks the shit is spelled that way, too. When I read ol girl's post, I thought she made a typo and left the "L" out LOL. And I thought it meant the same thing you just said, joining to compatible people together.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
I feel what you're saying if that works for you, but for me it's "more" about ass tapping, hittin it, and riding that ass. The "less" ass tapping, hittin it, and ass riding I do, the more I want to tap that ass, hit it, ride that ass, and fuck. I can "spend time" with her while I fuck her, and there's always plenty of "conversation" during the act of fucking LOL.
You are bullshitting for the sake of bullshitting. GC has gotten over the humorous shock value of your Typing Penis so you can now type like a grown man who is falling in love.

Quote:
CTFU! I feel you. I only spelled it that way because that's the way it sounds when my girl says it. AQAK, she probably thinks the shit is spelled that way, too. When I read ol girl's post, I thought she made a typo and left the "L" out LOL. And I thought it meant the same thing you just said, joining to compatible people together.
You have learned something new today.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
your Typing Penis
BWAH HA HA HA. That's funny, DrPhil.
The mental image of a little cartoon penis jumping from key to key (sometimes doing flips) is just too much.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
The mental image of a little cartoon penis jumping from key to key (sometimes doing flips) is just too much.
LOL.

Texting Penis is smaller.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
LOL you said this like I would give a shit if you did stop reading and responding to my posts.
Well, often posts don't read as they are written, so this is based on your own misunderstanding. I said that as in it's my choice which usernames posts I choose to read and respond to, and that includes yours. Whether you choose to "give a shit" or not is entirely up to you. Either way, if it ever came down to that, I wouldn't know if you "give a shit" or don't "give a shit", because I wouldn't be reading your posts to know if you "give a shit" or not.

Quote:
Have a seat.
I'm always sitting when I'm posting from my laptop. Hence the name, "lap top".
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 08-03-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Banned

Old 08-03-2012, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Here you are. Causin' trouble.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Here you are. Causin' trouble.
I'm just trynna help, Ike.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post

Last edited by Iota Man; 08-04-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

A few months ago I decided that I wasn't going to be that girl who blows sunshine up her friends' asses when they're confronted with the Case of the Disappearing Date.

A little backstory: one of my closest girlfriends from college moved up here 2 years ago; she's had a few dates here and there but nothing stuck. 2 years before that, she broke up with a guy she had been seeing for a while. So we're talking about a 4-year long dry spell.

In March, she met a guy and she was really excited (as well she should be!). I thought they weren't "equally yoked" because he was seeming to take it way more casual than she was.They saw each other maybe about once every other week; early last month, they went away for the weekend.

On Wednesday, I asked her how things were going. She hadn't seen him in two weeks, and he just casually mentioned that he was going out of town for two weeks--a few days before he left. She said she was worried he was blowing her off, since he's "so busy with work." I said that's how it sounded, and I asked her if she stopped contacting, if she thought he'd make the first move. I pointed out that plenty of busy couples make the time to spend together--it doesn't have to be a weekend-long sleepover every weekend and that if you want to see someone, you make the time to do it. She said that seemed reasonable and that she was going to speak to him later that evening to iron it all out. It just sounded like they needed to set expectations for each other--if they both want to be casual and non-exclusive, they should be on the same page.

Her friend who came out with us looked at me like I had shot Santa Claus. "OMG OF COURSE HE'S GOING TO CALL HER! HE'S JUST SUPER BUSY OMG!"
Old 08-05-2012, 01:24 PM

Exactly. If someone wants to see you. They WILL make time. "Busyness" in general is really kind of a myth anyway (but that's a whole other thread.) I think people generally use "too busy" or "I'm busy" or "busy with work" to brush off the people they just really aren't super interested in seeing.

People make time for the things and people that they find important. Even if it's "hey I only have 30 minutes between work and class, do you want to grab Starbucks?" or a quick text saying "hey I've been working a lot but do you want to do something this weekend?"

Lakers Nation.