GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 2,165
2 members and 2,163 guests
DoubleRose, MSKKG

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2003, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Another Stupid Boy Question

Ok....all of you are going to think that I'm absolutly nuts....but I need some input anyway....

My boyfriend and I are discussing getting married and moving back to his hometown....in Mexico. I'm not discussing how long we've been together and blah, blah, blah...because no matter how long you've dated, you can't truely know what they are going to be like living with (and I won't move in with a guy until I'm married.....although we do live down the hall in the same apartment building). You just need to know that I love him very much.

Ok, so here's the rest of the info you need to know...I am a Junior in college with no hope of finishing anytime soon because I am in the process of changing my major (and my current major would take at least 2 more years to finish anyway). Ok...so most of my friends here say I should finish up school before heading to Mexico (but alot of them are actually in favor of me going. as long as I do finish school). Problem with that is, he hates it here in the USA. His (Our-we both work at a restaraunt) boss is a compleate asshole and he only has a few family members (2 cousins, 2 brothers) and no other friends really. I have no family here...my parents moved to North Carolina when I was a freshman in college. Also, the chapter of my soroity closed so I'm feeling really alone here (I've got lots of friends, but I don't feel like I belong anymore).

Ok, now...when...His mom wants him back in Mexico in February, but he wants to wait until May until I finish this semester of school. Like I said, almost everyone I've talked to about this says finish school first, but I really don't care to. Besides, a US degree would be almost worthless in Mexico. And, most married women in Mexico do not work...and I would love to do voulenteer work in hospitals and stuff like that. Our current plan is to get married in April and move in May.

More roadblocks...both of our families are racist...my dad sees him as just an uneducated kid...his mom told him before he left for the US NOT to come home with a "gringo". Also, my Spanish is not so good. It's easy enough when it's just the two of us to communicate...either with language that isn't quite grammtically correct (his English isn't so good) or with a sort of sign language (and the help of a dictionary).

Ok...this post has been pretty schyzo...it's late, and I'm emotional.....I love him and I don't know what to do....please give me input....