GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,255
3 members and 1,252 guests
g41965

Old 08-17-2012, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Etiquette of Dropping Out

Last edited by pineapples; 01-06-2014 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

No, you're fine. The sororities don't expect personal notes and don't have time to deal with them right now. But if you'd like to write a note to be delivered to their president after recruitment is over, it would be a lovely gesture and will get you remembered in a very favorable light.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
No, you're fine. The sororities don't expect personal notes and don't have time to deal with them right now. But if you'd like to write a note to be delivered to their president after recruitment is over, it would be a lovely gesture and will get you remembered in a very favorable light.
okay, thanks! I don't know why I felt so strange afterwards, but I think doing this will help ease my worries. Thanks again!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Even at very competitive schools, sophomores do have a chance. Be polite to everyone you see, keep your grades high, get involved on campus, always be presentable (OK, try to make a habit of being presentable - I know you're in college), and don't fall into the bad reputation category. Your high school grades don't carry over so if you can do all of that, you might be able to try again next year (or keep your ears peeled for informal opportunities that may pop up in the spring). I think a note after rush would be a really nice gesture but in no way expected.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
Even at very competitive schools, sophomores do have a chance. Be polite to everyone you see, keep your grades high, get involved on campus, always be presentable (OK, try to make a habit of being presentable - I know you're in college), and don't fall into the bad reputation category. Your high school grades don't carry over so if you can do all of that, you might be able to try again next year (or keep your ears peeled for informal opportunities that may pop up in the spring). I think a note after rush would be a really nice gesture but in no way expected.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

On the off chance that you might be at Arizona (and don't tell us, for the love of Mike) let me reassure you that ALL the chapters do take sophomores. Some will take more than others, but they all do. Your best bet is to really focus on your grades (get as high a GPA as you possibly can!) and on involving yourself in a few activities. Whatever you do, do not be That Girl: the one who gets MIPs, goes to the hospital with alcohol poisoning, gets in fights, is a "frat mat", etc. If you're living in a dorm, there will be sorority members there, and you need to keep that in mind in your interactions.

Now if you're NOT at Arizona, I can't say anything about your chances as a sophomore!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 08-18-2012, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Remember to keep an open mind. It is possible that the house that you decided against visiting in set 3 might very well be the perfect house for you next time you go through recruitment!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
On the off chance that you might be at Arizona (and don't tell us, for the love of Mike) let me reassure you that ALL the chapters do take sophomores. Some will take more than others, but they all do. Your best bet is to really focus on your grades (get as high a GPA as you possibly can!) and on involving yourself in a few activities. Whatever you do, do not be That Girl: the one who gets MIPs, goes to the hospital with alcohol poisoning, gets in fights, is a "frat mat", etc. If you're living in a dorm, there will be sorority members there, and you need to keep that in mind in your interactions.

Now if you're NOT at Arizona, I can't say anything about your chances as a sophomore!
OMG...I can't believe you said "frat mat"! I am so making fun of you today!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-18-2012, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
OMG...I can't believe you said "frat mat"! I am so making fun of you today!
You can't if you don't get here. I am vacuuming the back seat, you better not be late.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 08-19-2012, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Too late. She already did in her one post. OP, please go back and edit your first post if you don't want anyone to know about your school.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Too late. She already did in her one post. OP, please go back and edit your first post if you don't want anyone to know about your school.
Oh man... well, it was definitely that 2.9 that resulted in the heavy releases the OP experienced. My advice still stands. It's not hopeless but she'd better really get strong grades (> a 3.0) her freshman year.

Rumor has it we're looking at huge new member classes again. I'll post quota and chapter numbers as soon as the information is available.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh man... well, it was definitely that 2.9 that resulted in the heavy releases the OP experienced. My advice still stands. It's not hopeless but she'd better really get strong grades (> a 3.0) her freshman year.

Rumor has it we're looking at huge new member classes again. I'll post quota and chapter numbers as soon as the information is available.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etadrisophila View Post
Remember to keep an open mind. It is possible that the house that you decided against visiting in set 3 might very well be the perfect house for you next time you go through recruitment!

Old 08-19-2012, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I'm more excited than ever about both school and Greek life.