GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,189
2 members and 2,187 guests
AlwaysSAI, MTSUGURL

Old 01-01-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal96 View Post
I'm curious as to what sorority girls think of country crossover music, e.g. Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood, etc. I'm not a fan of this type of music and I've gotten the impression that it is largely intended for the sorority girl crowd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedon View Post
its a variety in my opoinion it depends on where it is

What is with you two?

Lakers Nation.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-01-2009, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Two perps going at it. Great!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:44 PM

I forgot to ask, who cares?

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
um.. no.. im giving my opinion. why so hostile? i liked a friendly forum
Click on:
http://greekfriends.freeforums.org/
Ask for Tom.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal96 View Post
Wait a minute, wasn't Carrie Okie Underwood a Tri Sigma? I suppose this type of music might be more popular with Tri Sigmas?
Yes, and your point? She's great. I'm not a country music girl, but there are alot of people out there who are (both in sororities and not).

Also I'm not sure what you're getting at with alot of your posts, especially the inflammatory ones about other sororities in the Greek Life forum. You seem like someone with too much time on his/her hands.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
thank you, but i dont want to leave gc.. i love you hguys.
reading your posts I have to ask....TEITY?
Old 01-02-2009, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Food for thought

To quote Dorothy Parker, "She married beneath herself. All women do."
Old 01-04-2009, 11:43 AM
cutiepatootie

I may not be a sorority girl but i am a sorority woman and i love today's country music(the past 15 yrs). The solist today the carries, shanias, taylors, faiths, and ton of the men too are awesome. I DETEST whinny, blue grass, 1960s, 70s, and some 80s country music.... i will run for the hills. I like the late 80s (1989) Reba, The judds, on.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Banned

I don't like country music. I also don't understand the appeal of those country crossover types either. All those girls listed, shania, faith, carrie, taylor, the music isn't that good and personally I find them to be boring. They are just pretty girls, I cannot think of any other reason why they are so popular and sell so many albums. I don't get what is the big deal about shania in particular.

About half of my friends are in sororities and about half are not. None of them listen to country music. It seems that there are some very conservative people on this board.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiagal01 View Post
I don't like country music. I also don't understand the appeal of those country crossover types either. All those girls listed, shania, faith, carrie, taylor, the music isn't that good and personally I find them to be boring. They are just pretty girls, I cannot think of any other reason why they are so popular and sell so many albums. I don't get what is the big deal about shania in particular.

About half of my friends are in sororities and about half are not. None of them listen to country music. It seems that there are some very conservative people on this board.
Gee, or maybe it's because some people on this board are from the south and southwest, where country music is very popular. However, I live in Seattle and am liberal, and I still love country music. If you're looking for a reason to not go greek, and think a love of country music by some sorority women is it, then fine. Carry on with your childish way of thinking and leave us alone.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Part of me thinks it's a troll. Why else would someone be soooo concerned about whether or not there are nationally politically conservative sororities? Someone's just trying to get our panties in a bunch.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
Gee, or maybe it's because some people on this board are from the south and southwest, where country music is very popular. However, I live in Seattle and am liberal, and I still love country music. If you're looking for a reason to not go greek, and think a love of country music by some sorority women is it, then fine. Carry on with your childish way of thinking and leave us alone.
No need to get snippy about this. I was just expressing a personal opinion, just as some other people who like country music were expressing their opinions.

My decision whether or not to go greek will not depend largely on whether some girls in some sororities listen to country music. The sorority girls I know are not country fans. If other girls in other houses want to listen to country music I don't have a problem with it, I just wouldn't want to be in an organization where I have to hear shania, carrie, tim mcgraw, etc every day.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiagal01 View Post
No need to get snippy about this. I was just expressing a personal opinion, just as some other people who like country music were expressing their opinions.

My decision whether or not to go greek will not depend largely on whether some girls in some sororities listen to country music. The sorority girls I know are not country fans. If other girls in other houses want to listen to country music I don't have a problem with it, I just wouldn't want to be in an organization where I have to hear shania, carrie, tim mcgraw, etc every day.
Judging by your post, I doubt any organization would want someone like you as a member, anyway.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Judging by your post, I doubt any organization would want someone like you as a member, anyway.
No need to get personal. Everybody has different tastes in music, there are people who don't like to hear hip hop, people who don't like heavy metal, people who don't like jazz, and the list goes on. This doesn't make them good or bad people, it just means they do not enjoy hearing certain kinds of music.

Do you think shania and carrie are so integral to sorority life that no organization would want a member who doesn't want to hear their music every day? I don't think that is the case and certainly hope it is not so.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Unregistered-

Methinks this the reincarnation of the recently-banned cardinal96.

Last I checked, that trick had something against Carrie and Shania for some reason.