GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Cool Sites

Cool Sites Know of a unique, cool & useful website? Please tell us about it here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,391
3 members and 1,388 guests
aagelusasd8172

Old 06-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Unregistered-

In this thread, we discuss FaceBook applications.

Do you love em or hate em?

When the first few applications were introduced, I thought they were the greatest things. I added The Compass and Trips and a few others. Now, when you visit different profiles, it seems like it's nothing but clutter -- which is unfortunate, because one of the things that kept me on FaceBook in the first place was the lack of clutter we usually find on MySpace.

What do you guys think? What are some of your favorite applications? Which applications should we avoid altogether?

I recently added Favorite Peeps to my profile. Now all the world knows that Senusret I is the father of my bastard children.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I think whoever created the "Glitter" application needs to be shot.

Like you said, it just clutters it up, and makes it more like Myspace...which I think will later be proven to induce seizures.

The ones I do like are the Drink (it really doesn't do much), Movies, and Graffiti. I think the Trackzor is a little stalkerish.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Now all the world knows that Senusret I is the father of my bastard children.
I am so proud of my bastard children.

I like some of the applications..... I use Top Friends (I guess that's what it's called) so now I have my top 8 friends and the world knows, but it's only because I like stalking them more than the others and need easier access.

I also have Favorite Peeps and Extended Info..... I wanted a place to put "personal ad" type stuff and to brag about my APO and APhiA activities.

I think it's only cluttered if people use a lot of apps.... I only picked ones that look streamlined. I used to have the Compass, but then I realized it didn't do anything.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

The ones I have added are favorite shows, books, and movies.

It seems like there are 69845984 applications because every time I long on, one of my 35 friends has a new application or two.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:54 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
I have ilike, top friends, hangouts, and a couple of others on my profile. I like it.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 06-16-2007, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I *heart* the Graffiti app... and that's it.... everything else is pushing me towards closing my account

ZΦB

Last edited by neosoul; 06-16-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
There are a lot that are total clutter...I've installed a few, tried them for a few minutes and figured they were lame and got rid of them. What I hate is getting the invites to add apps from friends.
Agreed. I've added a bunch because of invites but it's getting ridiculous. I have the causes app, free gifts (always fun), some music and film review one that I'm dumping, emoticons, fortune cookie and video. I'm dumping pretty much all of it. I'll keep causes and free gifts, and possibly video.

I told my boyfriend facebook was becoming myspace and he didn't agree. Okay then-facebook used to be simple and neat and now it's getting out of hand. I'm going to start hurting people who send me more invites, it's really annoying.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 06-17-2007, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

One of the things I dislike about MySpace is the number of add-ons, etc., that seem to clutter everyone's pages. So, I'm not wild about people who are going nuts with the Facebook applications.

That said, I've added a couple (Election, favorite drinks), and they're not bad. Some are kind of silly, like the top friends one, but at least they're not too over-the-top visually.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:08 PM

I added Extended Info, but that's it. Some of the apps are useful or interesting like iLike, Flixster (Movies), Calendar, and Top Friends. Then there are a couple like Food Fight, Honesty Box, Grafitti, and Facebook Pets that are just BS and clutter.

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I only have free gifts. I hate it when people have an ookabillion number of apps in their profile, that's the reason why I use facebook instead of myspace- I hate tricked out myspace pages. I really don't get why someone would put an honesty box in their profile. If people are going to say things about you anonymously, you know it's not going to end well.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I was excited about the apps at first, but now they are nothing but clutter. The only ones I have (that show on my profile) are the Horoscope and the Uber music player apps. I have the Causes app too, but I set it so it doesn't show on my profile.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I added a few of the dumber ones because I wasn't sure what they were, and now I'm having trouble getting them to go away - namely the facebook pet and honesty box.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
some are total clutter, i'll add them, check them out b/c i think the idea behind the applications is interesting, but then remove them shortly after. I like the favorite peeps app, the top friends app, graffiti, free gifts, causes, the college humor i like box, the collegehumor insult generator... just b/c its funny lol, ilike, books.... ummmm oh the fluffy friend app, and my new personal fave, the dogbook app... yes i have my doggies on there, and they are friends with my friend's dogs lol
oh and i have the honesty box... but no one sees that one anyway....
Old 06-18-2007, 07:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
When I first saw them I thought most of them were crap.

I only have the Honesty Box, which has become VERY interesting...
Old 06-19-2007, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubilance1922 View Post
I only have the Honesty Box, which has become VERY interesting...
That it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
I think whoever created the "Glitter" application needs to be shot.
I just saw that today. It has to be the most ridiculous thing ever. I can't believe I'm actually friends with some people who have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neosoul View Post
I *heart* the Graffiti app... and that's it.... everything else is pushing me towards closing my account
Agreed. Graffiti is fabulous, and I like the extended info as well and even the Elections 08, but everything else drives me insane.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.