GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,674
1 members and 2,673 guests
aamanthalittle3

Old 05-01-2000, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation i have a question!!

Ok, yall what do yall think of internet dating? I mean it is a way of communation am i right? Ok, dont get me wrong.. I have pleanty of guys... So i need yalls advice------------HEather
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-02-2000, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

ok, yall I realize this isnt loveline---SORRY! But i would still like to hear what yall have to say about this topic..
Old 05-02-2000, 12:20 AM

Talking

Well, whatever floats your boat!!! Some other people use these forums to talk about other issues that involve greek natured things. That's probably why you haven't gotten any other replies. But again, what ever floats your boat!
Old 05-02-2000, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Salience Send a message via Yahoo to Salience
Unhappy

Can't lie, I've tried it, and nothing good came from it. I was assualted once, and pestered by another for MONTHS.

I don't rule it out for others, though, cuz one of my buds is dating a woman he met through AOL, and they are going strong! she's two states away, but they make time for each other, and I think engagement is in the future.

[This message has been edited by Salience (edited May 02, 2000).]
Old 05-02-2000, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
It can work. I met my husband thru AOL, in the Jewish Singles area. We've known each other for over 4 years and have been married for almost 2.

Internet dating is a crap shoot just like any other kind. You'll meet jerks, you'll meet nice guys and sometimes you'll meet 'the one'. Either way, never meet someone in anything other than a public place. Continue meeting in public for several dates until you really have a 'read' on the guy. If you get bad vibes, leave. Don't chalk it up to jitters - if he makes you uncomfortable, get the hell out.

Barb
Old 05-02-2000, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok yall, HOw about this: If i broke up with my jerkass boyfriend and all of my "cute guy" friends already have dates and i know someone online, that lives two hours away from me and we talk on phone and write each other offten. Should i ask him?

Ok guys, If a girl asked you to prom over the net what would you say and how would you react?
Old 05-03-2000, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

normally I don't use bad words in posts, but online dating is ****ing bull****. don't do it, don't let your friends do it, and you'll be happier. dating over the internet is a last resort for most people–*you're not going to meet anybody "perfect" online, because those people can get dates just fine in real life. seriously, avoid it if possible, especially if you've never seen the other person until you meet in real life.

------------------
andrew watters
Theta Chi –*ucla

[This message has been edited by awatters (edited May 03, 2000).]
Old 05-03-2000, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Andrew -

You are quite true - you never meet the perfect person online, all you meet are people with the potential of becoming friends, enemies or something else. I can say with some certainty that my foray into the online dating thing was completely by accident and not a result of desperation. I was in my 30's, traveling 80% of the time for work and keeping an online presence was the only way to have some continuity in communication with other people. As I said in my earlier post, it is a crap shoot and you should check out everyone you meet online before doing the real life meeting. Even then, only meet in public and if you get a bad feeling, ditch the date and pay for a cab home.

Barb
Old 05-03-2000, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

HEATHER!! Girl, not for a big-deal event! There's too much external pressure, and internal stress prima facie, let alone adding the nebulous "will he try on my shoes when I'm not looking " thoughts running through your head! LOL :P

Plus, if you give a damn what your peers think, expect a range of comments from Barb to Andy to worse!

If you don't care, and this all no big deal, I say go for it. Barb got married! My friend is one step away from the chapel!

EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION, THOUGH.

------------------
@~~^~~~~
Subtlety is the key ;o)
Old 05-03-2000, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

ok yall,heres what i decited. I'm going to stay home on my senior prom nite-- And throw a party insted.. Cause i dont want to look like a fool at prom being all by myself. Ok thank yall so much for yalls replies. Oh Andrew, i have always wanted to go to UCLA. IT looks like alot of fun.. Ok gotta run!! I feel like the BIGGEST loser. Since i dont have a date.. *sniff* *sniff*
Old 05-03-2000, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

ok yall what if i flunk my first year of college partying???------- I'm Worried thats gonna happend!!

Ok, what if the guy lives in the same state as you? is it ok to be friends with him? Should i invite him to one of my parties? or should i go to a club with him? or should i just fine a "Real" guy! Now, dont get me wrong. I'm a pretty girl and i can get any guy i want. BUT HES SOOOOOOOO CUTE!! (hes in college, UofA).
Old 05-04-2000, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

See, why are you staying home? I went with a girlfriend to mine, and everyone understood, alot of people went in groups when I was in high school (so so long ago )!

Anyways, I like the meeting at a club or public place thing. You aren't a loser, it's just high school. Believe me, there will be many more mixers and formals throughout college and LIFE if you want to play dress-up. Everytime I go to conference I have to pack a nice outfit for the damned banquets ! LOL

You're young, single, and about to embark on the greatest adventure you've ever known! RELAX!!

------------------
@~~^~~~~
Subtlety is the key ;o)

[This message has been edited by Salience (edited May 04, 2000).]
Old 05-04-2000, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Heather, I don't think you should throw a party because people from your high school will feel bad that they can't go to both Prom and your party. If you can get any guy you want, just go to school and ask around to see who doesn't have a date.

------------------
andrew watters
Theta Chi –*ucla
Old 05-04-2000, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

BUTT------- All the cute guys are taken.. I dont wanna go with a dork.I waited to late now. Prom is THis saturday- Darn---- Oh well i went my Jr, year and had fun. Ok, i'm gonna stay home and just kick-it. Hopefully my little fella be on the internet and i can talk to him-------- LOL!
Old 05-08-2000, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Ya'll i had a wonderful time. I had a party and Andrew, everyone of my friends came after prom. They all crashed at my house and
we were pretty drunk so know one drove home that nite. So everything turned out to be ok after all. Although i still think eating and driving is more diffcult than drinking and driving......I"M KIDDING~~~~~~!lol!