GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,357
0 members and 1,357 guests
No Members online

Old 10-08-2013, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Leaving this lame ass community college

Alright so I'm currently going to a community college. I'm in the Army Reserve and I practically get schooling paid for, I was told that this college was great for parties and it was cheap. Its mid term and I'm tired of the bull shit (cops already busted my apartment for alcohol, no parties, shitty academics). So next year I'm transferring to a University and I plan on rushing, my cousins are in a fraternity at UNL I've been to a few parties with them and fucking love it. I was wondering if anybody had experience with this, and if the fraternities will even consider me since I've been out of high school for two years (military training/community college).
Old 10-08-2013, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofMidwest View Post
Alright so I'm currently going to a community college. I'm in the Army Reserve and I practically get schooling paid for, I was told that this college was great for parties and it was cheap. Its mid term and I'm tired of the bull shit (cops already busted my apartment for alcohol, no parties, shitty academics). So next year I'm transferring to a University and I plan on rushing, my cousins are in a fraternity at UNL I've been to a few parties with them and fucking love it. I was wondering if anybody had experience with this, and if the fraternities will even consider me since I've been out of high school for two years (military training/community college).
QFP

@~/~~~~
Old 10-08-2013, 02:55 PM

Well, you certainly meet their "classy" requirement.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Sure, son. Just copy everything you read and see on Total Frat Move.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 10-08-2013, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Sure, son. Just copy everything you read and see on Total Frat Move.
Well considering I'm the one who posted it ya..
Old 10-08-2013, 04:28 PM

If you have cousins in fraternities at UNL, why are you asking strangers on a chat board?

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 10-08-2013, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
If you have cousins in fraternities at UNL, why are you asking strangers on a chat board?
I'm going to a different University so they couldn't provide much insight. The fraternity they are in only recruits people straight out of high school.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I'm going to a different University so they couldn't provide much insight. The fraternity they are in only recruits people straight out of high school.
Ok, then I'll have to fall back on the standard GC "Will I get a bid at a fraternity because of........" response:

We honestly don't know. It all comes down to several factors. The campus may be one where all the chapters prefer freshmen. There will be groups that don't want an older guy in (junior level, age, etc.). There will be other groups that could care less. It depends on your interactions with the chapter members at rush events.

I will tell you this: If you go to a rush event and tell the chapter members that you left your previous college because the police were called to your apartment (for any reason, even if it's lame) and your old campus didn't have enough parties, that will be held against you. Most chapters want to know that you are coming to school to get an education first and that joining the fraternity is because you like being involved.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 10-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I doubt you have any problems at UNL. Some advice though... the TFM/wanna be frat star thing is going to shut a lot of doors for you. Admittedly, it might open a few as well. One thing to make sure of is that they guarantee you they'll work with your reservist commitments in the pledge process. If you have to attend PT or something and that conflicts with something, they need to accommodate. Some might not be willing. Good luck to you.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma