GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Psi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,053
0 members and 2,053 guests
No Members online

Old 01-31-2006, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Nupes that only deal with other Nupes made undergrad

Not really messing with a lot of grads. I usually only deal with someone that was made undergrad after we have a little talk about his road to kappa Land. But their are a few grad Chaps that are kool. Just a few

Last edited by Kalm07; 01-31-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-31-2006, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

So if you join an alumni chapter and it makes some new initiates, you will ignore them?
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:15 AM
GreekChat Member

A brother is a brother enough said.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

The reason for my comments would be that I have met many Grad Chapters that have turned their backs on undergrads. They forget that they were once undergrads themselves and that some of these new brothers are young and will make mistakes. Turning your back on them instead of guiding them is something I don't think shows brotherhood. Thats why there are only a few Grad chapters that we as a whole here in Illinois are kool with.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Brother is a brother

I feel that, a brother is a brother. I give every brother in my organization their respect. But at the same time I kick it more with brothers that I know are good. But when ever I meet another brother its nothing but respect no matter where there from.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to IntegriTY1908
I think this is interesting because a lot of people have a similar mentality whether they will admit it or not I have heard several undergraduate sorors say that they dont deal with people who came in through graduate chapters. When I pledged we always felt that people in the graduate chapters were just out to get us in trouble and report us for hazing violations so its hard to get close to people who you are always trying to hide things from and people who you know dont understand what it is like to be an undergraduate soror!!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Well thats good to hear. Someone who knows what i'm talking about. When you are told to watch out for a certain group, brother or not its hard to trust them. I have seen other so kalled brothers turn each other in because they dont understand kause they never went through it.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Old 02-02-2006, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Millions of miles from civilization... so I can't wait to leave.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kalm07
Not really messing with a lot of grads. I usually only deal with someone that was made undergrad after we have a little talk about his road to kappa Land. But their are a few grad Chaps that are kool. Just a few
I used to have that same way of thinking.

You will really miss out on meeting a lot of good brothers like that.
Believe me, I am all for a scroller getting his issue, but pledging is not always indicative of "Being a Real Man". It only means that you didn't quit. Nevertheless, there are some grad chapter brothers (even intake undergrad) that are good people, even though they weren't on that wall.

If I had to choose between a brother who pledged and is shady or a grad chapter brother who didn't pledge and keeps it real, I would rather choose the grad chapter brother. Besides, when you get older, you are supposed to grow out of that COLLEGE way of thinking (pledging included).

Of course, I never touched a scroller in my life. 4 the record
Old 02-22-2006, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Live_Wire17
Quote:
The reason for my comments would be that I have met many Grad Chapters that have turned their backs on undergrads. They forget that they were once undergrads themselves and that some of these new brothers are young and will make mistakes. Turning your back on them instead of guiding them is something I don't think shows brotherhood. Thats why there are only a few Grad chapters that we as a whole here in Illinois are kool with.
I think it would be appropriate to just say that you feel a bit leary of some grad members (can't judge all by the actions of one) instead of saying you only mess with undergrad cause like me and many others eventually your work will continue on the grad level.

"Like the perfect lyrics over the tightest beat"
Old 02-22-2006, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Yanno, if you weren't breaking the rules in the first place you wouldn't have to worry about "trusting" brothers in alumni chapters.

It's not a matter of them not understaning, it is a matter of them knowing the harm that it could bring to the fraternity as a whole. Hopefully, someday you will get to that place, too.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I know what you mean. The oldest brother in my chapter is 23 and the yougest brother in our grad chapter is I believe 37. There is a 14 year gap in which our chapter bruhs seem to transition into the alumni chapter. Most of us don't deal with alumni bruhs because we assume the obvious and they have in some ways turned their backs on us. But we are trying to end this negative trend. Like many bruhs say, A bruh is a bruh...
= Because you're a semester too late
= Because you love to imitate
Old 02-23-2006, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ladygreek
Yanno, if you weren't breaking the rules in the first place you wouldn't have to worry about "trusting" brothers in alumni chapters.

It's not a matter of them not understaning, it is a matter of them knowing the harm that it could bring to the fraternity as a whole. Hopefully, someday you will get to that place, too.
Amen to this Soror.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZebraNupe
Hey all, please don't assume that all Alumni Brothers fall into the category your talking about. Snitchin? Never. I know some Alumni Bruhs, including myself, that pledged harder and smarter then alot of undergrad Bruhs. I'm 25 years old, and due to a cease and desist on my campus, I was forced to pledge grad when I got out. I wouldn't take back my experience for anything. I'm all for the undergrad experience and I respect my fellow Nupe, wherever he comes from and how ever he made it to my land. As long as he's doing his work and honoring the Bond, I could care less if he met the Doktor. I know alot of undergrad Bruhs who pledged hard for 10 long weeks and now they're NO where to be found. I can't respect that. Show your face, take care of your business in the Frat, and Achieve like Kappas do. If all that is being taken care of, the question of HOW you got into the Frat doesn't concern me.

I love this site damnit! I love my Bruhs and yall fellow Greeks!

Phi
Old 03-08-2006, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ZebraNupe
Hey all, please don't assume that all Alumni Brothers fall into the category your talking about. Snitchin? Never. I know some Alumni Bruhs, including myself, that pledged harder and smarter then alot of undergrad Bruhs. I'm 25 years old, and due to a cease and desist on my campus, I was forced to pledge grad when I got out. I wouldn't take back my experience for anything. I'm all for the undergrad experience and I respect my fellow Nupe, wherever he comes from and how ever he made it to my land. As long as he's doing his work and honoring the Bond, I could care less if he met the Doktor. I know alot of undergrad Bruhs who pledged hard for 10 long weeks and now they're NO where to be found. I can't respect that. Show your face, take care of your business in the Frat, and Achieve like Kappas do. If all that is being taken care of, the question of HOW you got into the Frat doesn't concern me.

I love this site damnit! I love my Bruhs and yall fellow Greeks!

Phi
Well said!!!!