GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,776
2 members and 1,774 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-17-2003, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Harvard, anyone?

So, does anyone have any info on how the Kappa colonization at Harvard is going? I was just making copies of the new yellow pages and noticed that it mentioned Harvard's CCD. I was really wondering if there was a timetable for intiation and everything. Have they started recruiting girls?

It's so exciting to see a new chapter starting, especially when you've been there!
Old 09-17-2003, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Kappa Gamma Fraternity
is pleased to announce
the establishment of its 131st chapter
Eta Theta
at Harvard University
Cambridge, Massachusetts
October 4, 2003

Installation will be held November 15, 2003

Coordinator of Chapter Development
Janice Franklin Larson, Akron

Chapter Consultant
Felicity Meu, UC Berkeley

Recommendations for or information on
potential members at Harvard can be e-mailed to:
Felicity Meu
fmeu@kappa.org

Greetings may be sent to
Jan Larson
6 Waldman Circle
Lexington, Massachusetts 02420

Installation should be sometime in November!
Old 09-19-2003, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Looks like my friend imsohappythatiama beat me to the punch. I'm on the team for Harvard's recruitment. We start on September 30 with an informational meeting, then have interviews with pnm's on 10/1 and 10/2. Prefs and formal pledging are on October 4.

I'm also serving as the official "Gift Registry" for the new chapter, so if anyone wants to give an initiation gift to Eta Theta, send me a pm!

Kappa Kappa Gamma

Tradition of Leadership

Old 11-19-2003, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

How did it go?
Old 11-19-2003, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

It went sooooooo well!

We initiated 39 wonderful Kappas last weekend. This is an amazing group of accomplished, poised, and beautiful young women. This chapter will make us proud!

We can also thank the Thetas and DGs for all their support. I made a point to ask the potential new members how they learned about our recruitment, and at least half of them said "My roommate is a DG, and she said I should check this out." or "My friend, who is a Theta, has great things to say about Kappa and told me I should definitely try for this."

Kappa Kappa Gamma

Tradition of Leadership

Old 11-19-2003, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, that's ggreat to hear! I know a couple of girls from our chapter were road tripping up there. I've been meaning to catch them and ask them how it went.

One of the girls that went up there had a very close friend getting intiated, so she was thrilled.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I know exactly which one of your sisters (the one with gorgeous red hair, right?) and exactly which new initiate you're talking about! What a great surprise!!

We also had the PDC from North Carolina whose sister was one of the new members surprise her during the initiation ceremony. When she stepped forward we all got choked up with them!

Kappa Kappa Gamma

Tradition of Leadership

Old 11-19-2003, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

That's fabulous to hear they're doing well! And what true Panhellenic spirit from the DGs and Thetas, that's fantastic!

I remember when my sister came to my initiation, what a great, touching moment!

Best of luck!
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EEKappa
I know exactly which one of your sisters (the one with gorgeous red hair, right?) and exactly which new initiate you're talking about! What a great surprise!!

We also had the PDC from North Carolina whose sister was one of the new members surprise her during the initiation ceremony. When she stepped forward we all got choked up with them!
Yes, that's her. I'll have to relay the "gorgeous red hair" description to her. She'll love it.

So, you mean the PDC's little sister was a new member and didn't even tell her? That's too funny! I wonder how she managed to keep it secret. Were a lot of people there in on it? I would have thought she would end up seeing a list of new members that would tip her off if she was helping with the ceremony.

Last edited by sherbertlemons; 11-19-2003 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to crash....

I read that as the PDC surprised the little by being present at initiation. Which sounds so sweet. I hope someday to be able to be at initiation for a little legacy
Old 11-19-2003, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I think you're right. I'm just a ditz today.

Another sister from our chpter had a real life little sister intiated up at UF this semester, and she got to surprise her during the ceremony. She said they both cried, and neither of them is really that sentimental.

Stuff like that is just reason #999 why I hope my little sister ends up a Kappa.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

it was beautiful!!

That was the BEST moment of the whole initiation ceremony!!! It made it so special. There was a mom there to initiate her daughter, but it wasn't a surprise so it didn't have the same effect. We hid her the older sister until the absolute last moment... and when she came out, they both burst into tears... and then so did I!! It was the prettiest thing!!!

The older sister sent us a letter and it was read at chapter recently... cried again!!! It was all just beautiful!!! My sister still has 8 years to go before college, but I'm crossing my fingers...
Old 11-25-2003, 03:15 AM
GreekChat Member

What's funny about her crying is that she NEVER cries! Our chapter was thrilled when her sister went Kappa- I know a lot of us amused ourselves by asking for updates all the way through recruitment.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I think there were 3 sister-legacies when I went through--which is amazing considering our pledge class was only 22 girls! One girl was an in-house legacy, so I don't think she was too surprised, but the two of us that had sisters that were already out of the house, it was definitely a surprise! I cried, for sure! It's just an amazing moment!

*sigh* I hope I have a little girl someday... Or at least that my little neice will go to school and be a Kappa somewhere.

but I guess I'll have to wait a while considering she's only 6 months!
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to princess_patty Send a message via Yahoo to princess_patty
Talking

At my initiation my sister surprised me and I could not stop crying! We are very close so it meant a lot to me to have her there. My big is a double legacy so a lot of what I went through during the NM period and recruitment we could relate. Another of my close friends is a legacy and our sisters were friends as well! It is so funny to say, "My sister said she ran into you sister!" Yah I know my sister told me!" I am a big to a legacy whose grandmother had a hand in constructing our house. My other little has a little sister in the 8th grade and can't wait to be a Kappa. But the fun does not stop there! I also have a little sister who is a senior in HS who I want desperately to be a Kappa!