GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,726
0 members and 1,726 guests
No Members online

Old 04-13-2003, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Kappa goes to Harvard

Just thought you all might want to know that we have been invited to establish a chapter at Harvard. The process has been the result of a hard working extention team. This will be Kappa Kappa Gamma's 131st chapter and will colonize in the fall of 03.
Old 04-13-2003, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

What a thrill!!! Thanks for the info. I know Kappa will colonize with a wonderful group of women.
Old 04-13-2003, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Great things are happening all over in Kappa! Thanks for the update Keygirl! Hope you are doing well.

Loyally,
Martha
Old 04-13-2003, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Harvard and Kappa

I am so excited that this news is finally available for public knowledge! How excited we Boston-area alumnae are!!!

I attended the reception at Harvard following Kappa's presentation...what an amazing job Joanie Cook Cohen and her team did! Y'all should have seen the amazing binders and multimedia presentation they put together....it was truly impressive.

I met several Panhellenic officers--for those of you who don't know, Harvard currently has KAO and DG on campus. The Thetas and DGs are WONDERFUL women, and will provide such a great foundation upon which Kappa can build, grow, and contribute!

I told the Thetas and DGs that now they can have a Kite, Key and Anchor function!!! They were so excited!

Go Kappa!!!!

Loyally,

imsohappythatiama
Old 04-14-2003, 03:18 AM
GreekChat Member

How wonderful!
Felicity (one of the TCs) was talking about the possibility when she visited our chapter, and it is good to see that it is happening!
Old 04-14-2003, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Felicity will actually be the new colony's consultant during their colony phase, thru installation, and into their first year as a full-fledged chapter.

What an amazing resource she will be for our newest sisters and chapter! I met her at the reception, and she is truly a gem.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Great news!

That is awesome! I heard the rumors, I'm glad they were true.

How wonderful for the other NPCs on campus to have a growing community! That shows strong leadership in the DGs and the Thetas that founded the greek community there - they should be proud!

Go Kappa!
Old 04-17-2003, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
I'm so excited for the women at Harvard! Being part of a Kappa colony is definitely an exciting thing!

Not to mention the fact that we won't be the baby chapter anymore...that's something to be happy for!

I'm trying to think if I've met Felicity. I've met most of the current traveling consultants either the day we were colonized or te day we were installed, but her name doesn't ring a bell with me. I hope Harvard's chapter ends up loving her as much as we love Kylee. We're gonna miss her next year.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Felicity was definately at your installation! She told us all about it when she was here. (she was also mentioned in the latest Key about it)
Old 04-18-2003, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Hmmm. I met so many people that weekend that I probably have forgotten her. About the only person I met that I remember for sure is Ann Truesdell. Who I might add is a totally sweet person. I was very impressed.

Heck, that whole weekend is an absolute blur for me. (Except for the most ridiculous details. I still remember that the centerpeices at our banquet were irises and white roses.) Maybe Curlygirly remembers meeting her?
Old 04-19-2003, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

doesn't ring a bell..

Quote:
[i]Maybe Curlygirly remembers meeting her? [/B]

Hmm..... nope! I met so many wonderful TC's that weekend, that the name doesn't ring a bell. I'm sure if I saw a pic of her she would look familiar. There were soooo many wonderful ladies there that weekend (the fraternity president---Head Owl!---being one of them!) that it's difficult to remember each and every one of them.

Harvard is definitely in for a wonderful time. The first thing I thought of when I heard they were colonizing... was how to get my sisters up there to help with initiation! lol.... We had so much fun with the UCF colony, that I would love to do it all over again. I remember the Georgia Southern girls all carpooled and crammed into one hotel room just to have the chance to work with a colony! Those girls were soo enthusiastic and great!!!