GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,678
1 members and 1,677 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 06-03-2002, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Harvard U

I got this from a Source that Harvard after having BOOTED ALL GREEKS, have done a Study! Go Figure, That all of the ways that they have tried to intergrate sexes and minoritys have come to the conclussion, that guess what, the Greek Housing System works!

They are considering allowing Greek Organizations to re-charter or apply to enter the School Again!

I love it after on the heels Of Alfred U Kicking ALL Greek Orgs Off of campus in the dead of night type thing!

Has anyone heard of this? It was written up in a Journal that came out from them!

I hope, that each and everyone of you write to your Nationals asking for the backing for the Greek Organizations that have been on campus!

It is time that WE AS GREEKS START TAKING A STAND!

WE as GLO, BGLO, and MGLO need to stand toghether !

Now is the time to do it!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-03-2002, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my bestest friends in the whole world goes to Harvard. I'll ask him if he has heard anything about this.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Thanks, this ,maybe something that we should not let go on!!!!

Let me know what you find!!!!!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-03-2002, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
I know for a fact that Harvard University has the following:

Sororities:
-Kappa Alpha Theta
-Delta Gamma

Fraternities:
-Delta Upsilon
-Sigma Chi
-Alpha Epsilon Pi

None of these are recognized by the school as of yet, but all are full-fledged chapters.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Pike at Harvard

I know that Pi Kappa Alpha has recently colonized at Harvard. They were there in late January and February, and signed 33 gentlemen, 27 of whom are involved in varsity athletics. The cumulative GPA for the colony is 3.3.

Pike's colonization may have come after booting the Greeks, but I know that they have the backing of the University and are an outstanding group of gentlemen.
Old 07-31-2002, 04:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I FINALLY remembered to ask my friend about this. He says Greeks aren't recognized on campus and has not heard about what you mentioned, Tom. He is going to look into it for me by asking on the newspaper e-mail list. I'll letcha know what he says! Has anyone else heard anything about this?
Old 07-31-2002, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I just recently came from SAE leadership school and actually had the Harvard colony president as one of the boys in my group...stellar guy, said they currently have 40 brothers.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

The Harvard DG's won awards at convention this year, so I know they exist, somehow.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Im sure TKE wont be too far behind in setting up a colony....We have done it everywhere else why not Harvard?
Old 08-01-2002, 12:38 AM
hendrixski

Harvard booted greeks a long time ago, didn't they? I know someone who studied there in the 60's an' I recall him sayin' they didn't have any. He was however a member of a club... the sort that usually precedes many fraternities on campus (the difference bein' they don't live in a house together). I'm sure if greeks re-colonize Harvard many of those groups will turn greek in a flash.

an' man, screw TKE. some o' those chapters will take anyone: like a cheap ho! which is why TKE gets such a bad rap; for its rotten apples. I don't think every TKE chapter or member's bad, or that they shouldn't colonize harvard. I'm just sayin' that bein' the bottom o' the barrel ain't nothin' a be proud of.

And BTW, I'm not at all surprised that a harvard study found that greek organizations are key to having a healthy social life on campus. I'm sure we've all known that in our hearts all along.
Old 08-01-2002, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Wrongf words

First off what the hell is Kappa Delta Rho? Second yes there are some bad apples in any org......But we are by far not the bottom of the barrel.....Third if you are vere in New Orleans or an outlying area, you might not want to say that, cause if you had said that in my town, you wouldnt be able to talk for a while, your jaw would be wired shut! and its happened twice so watch your mouth! Fourth is all this animosity something personal? Did one of the TKEs at your campus take your girlfriend, or do they always beat yall in everything, or do they just stomp on you and the only way you will ever say anything back is over a computer, for fear of retribution?
Old 08-01-2002, 12:59 AM

Yikes! Nothing like a little Greek brotherhood to keep a thread winding along it's merry way.

Verbally trashing another's fraternity is a no-no. On the other hand, physical violence seldom wins in the long run. Unless you're the only kid on the block with nuclear weapons.

Play nice, boys.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 08-01-2002, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum

Play nice, boys.
I second the motion
Old 08-01-2002, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Just wanted to say that it is great to hopefully have a University realize what an asset greek life is, it would be great to see Greeks back to Harvard!

And Oh Yeah, just a note, The TKE boys are some of the nicest guys on my campus they are a fabulous group of men, and always a ton of fun to hang out with!
Old 08-01-2002, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Quote:
Originally posted by pollywogg23
J
And Oh Yeah, just a note, The TKE boys are some of the nicest guys on my campus they are a fabulous group of men, and always a ton of fun to hang out with!
Thanks for the compliment!