GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Beta Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 1,216
3 members and 1,213 guests
baadamashtolzea, indygphib, Sarak24034

Old 07-28-2000, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

i am not married but maybe someday i will. i definitely believe that matrimony is sacred and i can only pray that if or when i ever make that step it will be until death do us part. i guess a person has to have a certain amount of respect for marriage to feel that it is a lifelong comitment (excuse the spelling!!) if a person will bail out when the going gets tough then why even bother going through the process. life itself is tough. deal with it!!
Old 07-29-2000, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation The Institution of Marriage

Does Holy Matrimony still carry the same level of commitment as it did years ago?

There are several men and women out there who have the attitude that,"If it doesn't work out I can always get a divorce".

For those of you who are married, what advice would you give to those individuals contemplating marriage?

For those of you not married but seeking to be one day, will you be a "Till death do us part" spouse or will you be a "When the going gets tough, See Ya!!" spouse?
Old 07-31-2000, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Peace & Blessings
Like RHOyal Silence, I am not married but I would be remissed if I didn't put my .20 cents in (smile).

I find that when a couple, about to enter a marriage has had an example to follow, it makes the step a lot easier to understand.
I feel that by watching my parents go through the good and the bad (as well as my grandparents and other family couples), I realize that marriage CANNOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. You can't just bail out when the things are going right. The vows that you take are sacred and should be respected and upheld every day of your married life.
And might I add, my parents are just as in love, if not more, today, then when they exchanged vows 30yrs ago.

---------------------------------------------
SapphireSensation
RoyalBlueDivaDivine
The Epitome of Finerwomanhood

[This message has been edited by SapphireSensation (edited September 28, 2000).]
Old 09-26-2000, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO ADD A SMALL COMMENT. I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF. IT IS LIKE HAVING ANOTHER JOB. I HAVE LEARNED A LOT ABOUT MYSELF AND MY HUSBAND. THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE IS TO KEEP THE COMMUNICATION LINES OPEN, PUT GOD IN THE RELATIONSHIP, BE PATIENT, HAVE GOOD SEX, AND LET YOUR SPOUSE BE YOUR BEST FRIEND. EVERYTHING ELSE WILL FALL INTO PLACE.