GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,587
3 members and 1,584 guests
Sarak24034

Old 02-19-2004, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Trying to date a TA

So I asked my genetics TA that I have a crush on to a date party and she turned me down b/c she didn't feel comfortable about me being a student in her recitation section.

I need to come up with some sort of way around this, so that if she rejects me, I'll know it's b/c of me, not the sequence of classes I've taken.

She is an undergrad, and she's in my Biochemistry class, so I see her there twice a week adn then of course during my recitation.

Any thoughts, or ways to convince her that there isn't a conflict of interests or favortism? Any ways around this other than dropping the class (which was my first thought but isn't possible)?

Last edited by Betarulz!; 02-19-2004 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Can't help you there...I flirted with my Indian philosophy TA, but that was just to raise my failing grade to a nice, respectable B. I didn't try to date him. Are you in her class this semester? If you are, I'd try again next semester.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:43 PM

I dated my Calculus TA in summer school one year and I am still convinced that I could not have passed without the extra tutoring because I am a mathematical idiot and Pitt has a stupid quantative reasoning requirement for graduation.

Betarulz, why not just ask her if she wants to grab a coffee after class? That's more low-pressure than a date party.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Thumbs up

Good advice here. She is already going to look at you a little differently because you asked her out. That can be a good thing because she will be considering you more.

Her turning you down does tell you that she was not all that interested pre-asking though. Like she isn't posting on an internet site: I really like this kid I TA what should I do

Just look, smell good and be charming and flirty.

Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose

Betarulz, why not just ask her if she wants to grab a coffee after class? That's more low-pressure than a date party.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

My niece is a TA at TX Tech. This same situation came upon her. She did not go out with the young man. She felt "funny" about it and though he was a cute, nice guy, she didn't want the relationship to overlap. Don't take it as an affront Betarulz, some girls set different lines they won't cross. Try it again a bit later when you aren't part of her job situation!
Old 02-19-2004, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
But that would take all the challenge out of bagging the TA.

Quote:
Originally posted by justamom
My niece is a TA at TX Tech. This same situation came upon her. She did not go out with the young man. She felt "funny" about it and though he was a cute, nice guy, she didn't want the relationship to overlap. Don't take it as an affront Betarulz, some girls set different lines they won't cross. Try it again a bit later when you aren't part of her job situation!
Old 02-19-2004, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't you switch sections so she's not your TA?
Old 02-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Banned

I don't think it's because she's your TA. I think she doesn't want to date you. I've seen TA's and Profs even with people in their classes. If you want, try and woo her but don't try and drop the class for no reason.

-Rudey
Old 02-20-2004, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Don't know if this would apply to TAs at all, but I know that as a freshman RA at my school I have to sign a contract not to have an amorous relationship with a freshman.