GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,379
1 members and 1,378 guests
John

Old 11-25-2003, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

The first link doesn't work.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-25-2003, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Quote:
Originally posted by aabby757
The first link doesn't work.
It did, and it will again. This is getting so much national attention that the City of Grand Forks web server is probably just being overloaded.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Two University of North Dakota GLOs have posted this on their web sites:

Delta Delta Delta
Sigma Nu
Old 11-25-2003, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

There is nothing that most of us can do to help find Dru. There is, however, something that we can do to help spread good karma among her sisters in their time of anxiety, fear, and hope.

We should all encourage as many of our chapters to at least send cards, if not also flowers to the Gamma Phi house at UND. Their flower is the Pink Carnation.

Their address is:
Gamma Phi Beta
3300 University Avenue
Grand Forks, North Dakota 58203-0530

I just e-mailed several hundred Phi Psis encoyuraging them to have their chapters do so.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know what to say...this made me want to cry. Her poor family and sisters. I encourage everyone to send cards to the chapter...Awful.

Pray for her safe return.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:41 PM

Hundreds show up to search for missing student

Tuesday, November 25, 2003 Posted: 11:31 AM EST (1631 GMT)

Dru Sjodin went missing late Saturday, after leaving work. Police believe she may be abducted.

GRAND FORKS, North Dakota (AP) -- Hundreds of volunteers lined up Tuesday to join the search for a University of North Dakota student who has been missing since Saturday. Police believe she may have been abducted.

Dru Sjodin, a 22-year-old senior in graphic arts from Pequot Lakes, Minnesota, was last seen late Saturday afternoon, as she was leaving the Columbia Mall in Grand Forks where she worked.

Her mother, Linda Walker, said her daughter was talking to her boyfriend on her cell phone about 5 p.m. Saturday when her boyfriend heard her say, "Oh, my God." Walker said the phone then went dead.

On Tuesday morning, the volunteers were given identification badges and assigned to teams, then bused to an area east of the city to search for Sjodin.

"I was up all night, because I've just been itching to get out and do this," said Jerrod Arneson, one of the searchers. "You never think something like this would happen here, and when it does, you want to do something."

The search was concentrated on an area around Fisher, Minnesota, east of Grand Forks, where police had traced a call from Sjodin's cell phone.

Police said Sjodin's red car, a two-door Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, was found in a Columbia Mall parking lot. Lt. Dennis Eggebraaten said a package that Sjodin apparently bought at the mall was inside the car.

"There was no sign of a struggle that we could determine," he said.

Police were investigating calls to Sjodin at the Victoria's Secret store where she worked. They said she had received at least one call from a man she did not know, who asked for her by name.

Jean Ann Bienek, the store's manager, declined to comment, citing store policy.

Authorities said Sjodin's roommate notified police at about 9:30 p.m. Saturday, after Sjodin failed to show up for work at her second job in a bar.

Her family is offering a $20,000 reward.

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/US/Central...student.ap.jpg
Old 11-25-2003, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

ohmygoodness... what a terrible story

Dru, her family and her sisters are all in my prayers.. I am praying for her safe return.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

this is such an awful story. how scary
Old 11-25-2003, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to APhiRattlerGal Send a message via Yahoo to APhiRattlerGal
Unhappy

She is in my prayers
Old 11-25-2003, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

A lot of malls have secruity cameras. Maybe they will get lucky and see something on one of them.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DGMarie
Perhaps I misread this, but she screams oh my god no into the phone and her boyfriend does not:
a) call her back on her cell phone
or
b) call the police

But instead waits several hours until her gets the voiceless phone call and then calls her roommate (!) who in turn calls the police!

Stories like this always have me suspicious.

I hope all turns out okay.
I don't know -- I know plenty of people who would overreact and say stuff like "Oh my God, no!" if something as small as the fact that they realized their cell phone signal was fading out bappened. If the missing girl was one of those people, her boyfriend probably didn't think much of it. He might have called her back and when she didn't answer the phone, assumed she wasn't getting service.

Whatever the case, my thoughts are with her family and I hope everything turns out for the best.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:52 PM

This literally made me sick to my stomach. God bless that poor girl; I really hope this story has a happy ending.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by russellwarshay
There is nothing that most of us can do to help find Dru. There is, however, something that we can do to help spread good karma among her sisters in their time of anxiety, fear, and hope.

We should all encourage as many of our chapters to at least send cards, if not also flowers to the Gamma Phi house at UND. Their flower is the Pink Carnation.

Their address is:
Gamma Phi Beta
3300 University Avenue
Grand Forks, North Dakota 58203-0530

I just e-mailed several hundred Phi Psis encoyuraging them to have their chapters do so.
Thanks.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Just in case no one has done so yet, I just posted about Dru on two prayer chains. My own prayers are with her & her families (biological and GPB).
Old 11-26-2003, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

My thoughts and prayers for Dru's family, friends and the Gamma Phi Beta Sorority. I hope and pray for her safe return!

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!