GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,425
0 members and 2,425 guests
No Members online

Old 03-03-2010, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyface08 View Post
wait, Wait, WAIT! Does KAPital PHINUst = MG from PP? Please say No! I'm having a flashback of MG saying "And I keeps it moving."
Yep
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-03-2010, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
Yep
....Heavenly Father
Old 03-03-2010, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.A.S.K. View Post
Fixed that one.

Am I the only one who is still amused by people saying:
"I don't know jack about stepping and I don't know jack about step shows but ZTA was the best. They were totally awesome!"

Watching ZTA reminded me of KidzBopKids except KidzBop might be a bit more original. I mean at least they take songs made in the last decade. lol. I can hear their stepcoach announcing now:
"Next years routine will include hot new features like:
The Ivy Stance
Pretty Girls wear Crowns
The Duck Walk
Twirling Canes
That leaningbacktogetherinaline thing they do"

In summation: Next years Show will be called "Bring it On: Step up to the Challenge" lol.
AKA: You better bring it. (flips hair)
ZTA: Its already been brought! (rolls neck like a 1 month old baby)

*muerte*
I could see this being a Darren's Dance Grooves video. #justsayin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
I don't automatically root for Delta. I'm more critical of my organization than I am of others.
I'm the same with Sigma. I will root for my soRHOrs but if their show is wack, well it's wack and they shouldnt win. THAT's being your sister's keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
I guess the rules weren't made clear when we started this?

Fine. You both can co-leave the corner.
dead AGAIN. hatechall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.A.S.K. View Post
I'm not a man. I'm a woman who likes men who like women. You dont qualify because you're a yomosexual.
and NOW im done.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyface08 View Post
LOL!!!(LITERALLY) Okay, I seerrrrriously hate you and everything that you represent!! What is wrong with you? LMBO! I need someone to send I.A.S.K. to the corner without the possibility of parole!
LOL! Come on I can at least be paroled! There's an overcrowinding problem in the corner so I should get out early for good behavior (once I figure out how to behave. lol.).
Old 03-03-2010, 05:58 PM

I tried to read this you guys, I really did.

I died at the point of Darren's Dance Grooves.

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I was one of the participants in the Sprite Competition and I have one word for it. Disorganized

1. in the Qualifier round NO ONE knew about it. The only reason we knew about it was because of a call we received from National Headquarters. We had to put together a show in 1 day in order to compete and won first place.

2. The Regional finals in Charlotte was bull! The stage was jacked up. Our step team liaison told us that the show could only be 8 minutes tops when in reality it could be 10 min. So we cut our show down to the point where it was horrible. They woke us up at 7 am and we didnt perform onstage until after 11 pm. we were exhausted. It didnt help that every 5 minutes the TV cameras were asking for interviews and impromptu "practices". Our team was set up to fail from the beginning.

3. We were aware that the competition was not only for D9 orgs, but it doesnt change the fact that the D9 orgs were plastered all over every advertisement. My own personal experience with sprite would let me know that the Results were rigged. Not because ZTA were the winners, but because everyone knows that reality TV is not reality and its scripted for that "wow" factor. "The underdog team was a white org competing against black orgs and they worked hard and won". Sounds like pure entertainment to me. Its far from a race thing. If my team wouldve gotten up there and did all AKA steps and won, they wouldve crucified us lol.

AND FURTHERMORE....I Still havent recieved my scholarship check? WHERE IS MY MONEY SPRITE!! ...lol and thats all for my rant.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHOyalQueen View Post
I was one of the participants in the Sprite Competition and I have one word for it. Disorganized

1. in the Qualifier round NO ONE knew about it. The only reason we knew about it was because of a call we received from National Headquarters. We had to put together a show in 1 day in order to compete and won first place.

2. The Regional finals in Charlotte was bull! The stage was jacked up. Our step team liaison told us that the show could only be 8 minutes tops when in reality it could be 10 min. So we cut our show down to the point where it was horrible. They woke us up at 7 am and we didnt perform onstage until after 11 pm. we were exhausted. It didnt help that every 5 minutes the TV cameras were asking for interviews and impromptu "practices". Our team was set up to fail from the beginning.

3. We were aware that the competition was not only for D9 orgs, but it doesnt change the fact that the D9 orgs were plastered all over every advertisement. My own personal experience with sprite would let me know that the Results were rigged. Not because ZTA were the winners, but because everyone knows that reality TV is not reality and its scripted for that "wow" factor. "The underdog team was a white org competing against black orgs and they worked hard and won". Sounds like pure entertainment to me. Its far from a race thing. If my team wouldve gotten up there and did all AKA steps and won, they wouldve crucified us lol.

AND FURTHERMORE....I Still havent recieved my scholarship check? WHERE IS MY MONEY SPRITE!! ...lol and thats all for my rant.
Thanks for this.

I hope you get your scholarship money.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Good to hear from someone with first hand knowledge.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 03-04-2010, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

From what I understand, Sprite is putting the money directly in to the participants bursar accounts, so you'll probably never see a physical check.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Wow. I heard the same exact thing from participants. Congrats anyway on your win and hopefully Sprite will do the right thing and give up that cash.

Also, please introduce yourself to the other sorors on this board via our Sigma forum: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...t=6941&page=35

Welcome to greekchat!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
PRI piece on it.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Good article.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw the story on HLN this weekend. Story was very poorly reported.

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 03-08-2010, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
And another one.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnZeta View Post
"Bill" in the comments section is an idiot.