GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,664
1 members and 1,663 guests
flamboyanttree
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

What is the preferred GPA for most sororities? Is it possible for me to get a bid as an incoming freshman with a 3.2 cumulative GPA?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

There is no preferred GPA for most sororities. Each sorority has its own national minimum; however many individual chapters have requirements well above this minimum.

Whether or not you can get into a sorority with a 3.2 GPA depends on where you are going to college. At some schools, this is a decent GPA where it won't be a problem; at others it will be seen as a low GPA. Look online. Some schools publish their incoming member's cumulative GPAs. That can provide a baseline for you.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi i had a quick question. i am a new member of a sorority and i am having a few issues. i did not pref this sorority (it was my second choice), on my campus we are looked down on but nationally it is a very well respected one. i was wondering if there is any way to cope with these stereotypes, i dont feel like i get along well with my other sisters quite yet and sometimes i feel embarrassed to wear my letters. is there anyway (as a new member) that i could help mend our reputation?
Old 04-07-2014, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes. Be the sorority woman you want your chapter to be. Always look good in (and not in) your letters, be involved on campus, be seen having fun, etc. Bad (or maybe worse, nonexistent) reputations can be slow to change, but once people start saying "those Betas are mostly dorks, but Suzie Beta is great!" then "I heard those Betas aren't great, but Suzie and Sarah Beta are doing great on the campus board" then "those Betas are really coming up in the world." Don't let other people's limited impression of you diminish this great group in your eyes. And if they chose you, they MUST be awesome, right?
Old 04-07-2014, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
Housing and Residential Communities at Alabama.

As I understand it, if you sign up for Alabama recruitment (rush week), and you have university housing, you should be able to move in to your housing at that time.

I am not certain, but I believe that no "first year" (incoming freshman, transfers etc.) live in any GLO houses their first semester (maybe not at all for the first year). So you should contact UA regarding housing now.

Regardless, your best bet is to contact Alabama Housing directly and ask them your questions about student housing.
You will not be allowed to live in the house when you pledge at Alabama. Depending on your class, you may end up not living in at all. So, there is nothing to worry about your first year. it will all depend on your particular chapter's rules as to when you would be allowed to live in. With so many members and so few rooms, most have a priority plan for who gets the privilege of living in. And if you sign up for campus meal plan, it will transfer to the sorority if you join one.
Closed Thread