GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 306,989
Threads: 114,635
Welcome to our newest member, olgautsa9957

Old 01-04-2010, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Fashion-Related Theme

Hello I'm the new VPMR of my chapter and for the past three years we've had a Jungle/Tropical/Island theme.... it's time for a change! I want a fashion related theme for this coming fall, but I have no idea where to start. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas for decor, food, outfits, bid day shirts, etc? Thanks so much!!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Some ideas... disclaimer: I graduated a few years ago so these ideas may be old

Hey wmu_aoii, the fashion-theme is a really good idea. At my school, Delta Gamma made recruitment shirts with the Chanel c's (D and G intertwined) and the back of the shirt said something like "classic and timeless". Also, Theta recently made Betsey Johnson-inspired recruitment shirts. They were leopard print with "Theta" across the front in pink, Betsey Johnson font (the font used for the Betsey Johnson logo), and "anything but ordinary" on the back (not sure if this is a Theta-related phrase).

Two years ago my chapter did a sex and the city theme, and they incorporated trends and fashion into recruitment. The recruitment outfits were fashionable and unique (high-waist black skirts, purple tops, and gold jewelry) and they served Sprinkle cupcakes (big in southern California).

Hope these ideas help or at least give you some inspiration, and let me know if you have questions. Good luck!!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

^ What kind of decorations did your chapter use when they did the Sex and the City theme?
Old 01-05-2010, 05:05 AM
GreekChat Member

The recruitment shirts were black with pink writing, so they used black, pink and silver throughout the house (this was for pref night). We use white tables and chairs throughout, so they used black table cloths, pink organza on the chairs with silver highlights, pink-hued glass dishes, and pink carnations in the centerpieces (our flower). They also draped the organza throughout the house (pink and black), and hid white Christmas lights in it, which were supposed to be the "city lights". The girls wore black dresses with silver accents (no pink i think).

Oh also, they wrote the pnm's name in silver icing on their dish. Definitely a lot of work (for the alumni like myself!), but I think it's a nice touch if you have the manpower. The colors looked great but a lot of stuff in the house is already pink so that helped too.

We don't usually decorate the house for the other recruitment days. Hope that helps!

Last edited by socalGPhiB; 01-05-2010 at 05:24 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you so much! It sounds lovely!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:30 AM
GreekChat Member

No problem, good luck!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Any other suggestions or ideas????