GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,190
1 members and 2,189 guests
Titchou

Old 06-14-2000, 04:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool share your nice story...

I wanted to share something nice that happened to me with everyone.

I needed my swimsuit to go to a pool party and i had left it at my boyfriends apartment. I called him to let him know I was comming over. I cruised by his pad to pick it up and when I got there, I opened the door and walked in (I have a key)His place was totally dark except a path of candles that started at the front door, went through the kicthen, and led into his bedroom. So, I followed the candles to his room. There were white roses every where (my fav's)and a circle of candles. In the middle of the circle, was a medium size box with a ribbon. He was behind me waiting for me to open the box. So, while my heart was pounding, I carefully opened the box and there was another box inside. I laughed because the anticipation was KILLING ME! Then he held me around my waist while I opened the smaller box and in it was a ring box. He came around me to face me, took the ring box, got down on his right knee, and asked me the BIG question. Of course I said yes. The fun part was when I told my sisters, they had a candle passing for me and right after that, my beau, arrived with two of his frat bros and serenaded me with their sweetheart song. 'sigh' Ok now share your nice story!
Oh I forgot to add that he had music playing in the background.

[This message has been edited by theXgirl (edited June 14, 2000).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-14-2000, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

CONGRATULATIONS! That's WONDERFUL to hear.
Old 06-14-2000, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Old 06-14-2000, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Congratulations!!! Oh, how absolutely sweet and romantic!!
Old 06-14-2000, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

come on now... I know someone has a feel good story to share. It could be about anything...

(thanks for the congrats guys...)

[This message has been edited by theXgirl (edited June 14, 2000).]
Old 06-14-2000, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Discogoddess
Okay, here's one AND it's greek-related:

After serenading many of my sorors with our sorority hymn at their weddings over the years, I was definitely looking forward to being the one in the center of the circle on November 27, 1999. I knew it would be touching, but I wasn't prepared for the emotions that came as a sat on my new husband's lap while sorors from near and far sang our hymn beautifully.

I looked around the circle and saw sorors who "made" me in this wonderful sisterhood; my one and only sands, who journeyed with me from Ivy to soror; sorors whom I "made"; sorors who had come from other schools to support our fledgling colony; my graduate advisor and her daughter, a brand new soror; and sorors with whom I had become friends since college. My old high school buddy was there as well, the one who had shared my desire to someday pledge AKA (and we did, at different schools, the same semester in 1990). Another soror, my old roommate, flew in from Japan to be with me on that day. That circle of women held so many of my joys, defeats, secrets, accomplishments. It was amazing to have them all there with me, if only for a moment!

I only hope to be fortunate enough to return the favor and serenade those women when they jump the broom.

DG
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Spring 1990
Old 06-14-2000, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

That is the best story I've heard! I look forward to being serenaded, eventually. Has any Alpha Chi experienced this, a wedding serenade?

[This message has been edited by AlphaChiGirl (edited January 12, 2001).]
Old 06-14-2000, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hey AlphaChiGirl!

I haven't experienced the AXO serenade myself, but one of our sisters got married last year and I heard that they sang the "Deep in the Heart" candlelighting song.

I hope it will be me someday!

LITB
Old 06-15-2000, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
***sniffs*** That was soooo sweet. Congratulatons!

------------------
>>>"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised... Proverbs 31:29-30
Old 06-15-2000, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Serenity
Talking

Congratulations, theXgirl! He sounds like a sweet guy and oh, sooooooo ROMANTIC. Cherish him, Girl!

------------------
Sincerity, Loyalty, Unity
Sigma Lambda Upsilon: Hasta La Muerte!
Old 06-15-2000, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Originally posted by Serenity:
*Congratulations, theXgirl!

Muchas Gracias!

*He sounds like a sweet guy and oh, sooooooo ROMANTIC.

Belive me, he is!

*Cherish him, Girl!

Damn right I will!
Old 06-19-2000, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

come on people, I know there are more stories out there. FYI, the stories don't have to be just about getting married, engaged, etc.
Old 06-20-2000, 12:31 AM
Artimis

Well.. if your looking for stories.. This is one that I will never forget about my sisters.

After college, I moved pretty far from family and friends. To say it was rough and a shock to my system was an understatement. My sisters stuck by my side even despite the 14+ hr distance. I was having an incredibly bad week. I was on my computer as usual and hear a knock at my door. Flustrated I got up to send the newspaper/fundraiser sales man away. Instead i found a bouqet of mixed flowers for me. I was flabbergasted. The flowers really lifted my spirits and i was so grateful to the the two sisters who sent it. The neat thing though that I didn't initially notice was one white rose was tucked in with the rest of the flowers and at the base was a ribbon of blue and silver. (My sororites flower and colors.) It gave me a reminder that though my troubles I wasn't alone...

------------------
Beta Chapter Alumna and Founder
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
http://alpha-sigma-kappa.ou.edu/
http://www.alpha-sigma-kappa.org