GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,506
0 members and 2,506 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2017, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Recruitment at Mizzou

My daughter is preparing for recruitment at Mizzou in August. She will be a legacy to two different houses. She has recs and letters of support to every house except 3 (all new houses and don't know anyone who is a alumni at these houses).

She is out of state and was a direct admit to Journalism School and has very high test scores but she went to 3 different high schools and had a horrid year grade wise one year (moved in the middle of the year). She also received a large scholarship to Mizzou! Even with that GPA....

She graduated from an extremely tough prep school (top 50-100 in the country) and her GPA does not correlate with a student from a large public high school (had to take Calculus A/B, Physics I and II, Latin, two other languages, etc. and curriculum was all Honors and no AP offered)...She ended up being a class officer, yearbook editor, varsity swimmer, orchestra etc.

I am soooo worried about her GPA since I keep reading that she will be cut since her GPA is no where near 3.6........

She is not worried, as she feels that whatever happens will happen but I am the one worried as I don't want her crushed on Day 2-3 if she gets cut cause of grades (irregardless of her obvious brain power!!!)

She tells me it doesn't matter but I know she will be so sad---even though she told me she would go again her 2nd year after she has a 4.0.

Suggestions??? Her rec's all discuss the difficulty of the school and her having to go to multiple high schools etc.

Worried Mom!