GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,201
4 members and 2,197 guests
fmanning
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blueangel
That's right, Tom...

....and I thought that being Greek was all about brotherhood and sisterhood. Not "wars" (wars... LOL!... that still makes me giggle-- how absurd!) group bullying and personal attacks.

But then... I've only been a member for less than five minutes, so what do I know? <shrug!>
I believe ariesrising had a question that you have yet to answer.

{banging head on desk}
Old 08-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Banned

"Sorry, but hateful isn't a violation of the TOS."

It's not? Apparently what is in the TOS and what is ENFORCED by the very moderators who are violating the TOS are two different things.

You can not be "hateful" by attacking an idea. The only way you can be "hateful" is by launching a personal attack on a poster. You have demonstrated quite a working knowlege of the latter in this thread.

Now, why are MY questions not answered?

Let's start with this one:
I have repeatedly asked why calling for Tom's removal was posted on this forum. As I stated previously, if a president or a vice president was a problem, the company would not send an e-mail to it's entire company down to the secretaries and interns calling for his/her removal.

The proper chain of events would be to:
1. Discuss the problem with the person involved PRIVATELY

If no satisfactory outcome, the next action would be to:
2. Bring the matter to the board of directors PRIVATELY

So... WHY WAS THIS NOT BROUGHT TO JOHN PRIVATELY AND KEPT PRIVATE UNTIL YOU HAD A RESOLUTION?

It is this bully-brigade tactic that is objectionable. It is unprofessional and childish. It has been used on Tom, as well as on non-moderators. There was even a parody posted on another area of GC of one PNAM's thread. Do people think it's funny to have a laugh at the expense of others? Do you not think that perhaps you are hurting someone?

It seems that anytime one of the certain self appointed "clique" doesn't agree with a poster, the bully-brigade swoops down like vultures on a carcass and pecks the person apart. Very immature behavior, that certainly wouldn't get you very far in a corporate climate.

Some things for those who are doing the attacking to ask themselves:

How afraid are you (collective you) of someone else's opinion, that you can't just agree to disagree?

Do you (collective you) have such low self esteem that you can't fight your battles alone, but must "call in the troops" for re-enforcement?

Do you (collective you) gain some sort of pleasure out of hurting people? If so... why? Does it make you (collective you) feel like a bigger person? Does it give you (collective you) some sort of artificial power by thinking you're (collective you're) QUEENS of Greek Chat?

And finally do you (collective you) think your (collective your) sarcastic comments, and belittling statements would make your GLO proud?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Banned

And on that note...

.... I'm off to the pool for a swim!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

It's not? Apparently what is in the TOS and what is ENFORCED by the very moderators who are violating the TOS are two different things.

You can not be "hateful" by attacking an idea. The only way you can be "hateful" is by launching a personal attack on a poster. You have demonstrated quite a working knowlege of the latter in this thread.

Let's start with this one:
I have repeatedly asked why calling for Tom's removal was posted on this forum. As I stated previously, if a president or a vice president was a problem, the company would not send an e-mail to it's entire company down to the secretaries and interns calling for his/her removal.

The proper chain of events would be to:
1. Discuss the problem with the person involved PRIVATELY

If no satisfactory outcome, the next action would be to:
2. Bring the matter to the board of directors PRIVATELY

So... WHY WAS THIS NOT BROUGHT TO JOHN PRIVATELY AND KEPT PRIVATE UNTIL YOU HAD A RESOLUTION?

It is this bully-brigade tactic that is objectionable. It is unprofessional and childish. It has been used on Tom, as well as on non-moderators. There was even a parody posted on another area of GC of one PNAM's thread. Do people think it's funny to have a laugh at the expense of others? Do you not think that perhaps you are hurting someone?

It seems that anytime one of the certain self appointed "clique" doesn't agree with a poster, the bully-brigade swoops down like vultures on a carcass and pecks the person apart. Very immature behavior, that certainly wouldn't get you very far in a corporate climate.

How afraid are you (collective you) of someone else's opinion, that you can't just agree to disagree?

Do you (collective you) have such low self esteem that you can't fight your battles alone, but must "call in the troops" for re-enforcement?

Do you (collective you) gain some sort of pleasure out of hurting people? If so... why? Does it make you (collective you) feel like a bigger person? Does it give you (collective you) some sort of artificial power by thinking you're (collective you're) QUEENS of Greek Chat?

And finally do you (collective you) think your (collective your) sarcastic comments, and belittling statements would make your GLO proud?

Speaking of bitching...remember when you called us all bitches?!? That sounds like a personal attack to me! woo woo!

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp
I am just wondering in My Grand Stuper that the "Majority" of the Posters are all the same ones? Just an observation if that is allowed?

Just You Remember blueangel, YOU have only Been a Member of Your GLO for "5" minutes.

I did not know that that made a difference? I thought once You became a member, You were a Member no matter how long and for life.

Maybe different in NPC?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Banned

I do not use that word. I challenge you to produce a post where I ever called anyone that.

You know, there was a very famous dictator who once said,
"If you tell a lie often enough, people will believe it."

Very nice try, but the burden of proof is up to you. Now, kindly prove your allegation.

Take your time, I've got a lot of laps to swim...
Old 08-08-2005, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

You did not answer my question. Answer it.

Old 08-08-2005, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I forgot the 11th commandment - thou shalt not be hateful on GC. Thanks for reminding me. I bow at your feet in solemn prayer for the wickedness of my deeds.

You took that ONE statement that I made (speaking to the fact that you can find hateful comments just about everywhere on GC) and you ran with it. Kinda like your comment to Dionysus about telling a lie enough and people believing it.

Quote:

Pot meet kettle. You have been hateful to even AOIIAlum who is just about the sweetest person on GC. Everyone is like at that attack you launched on her (after of course, you confused your Alums and used her name on my quote).

Quote:

Actually, that was answered - just NOT to your liking. Dani already told you about 48972394872934897 thread replies ago that we HAVE taken it to John. There is no resolution because John hasn't been on, but yet your "god on high" Earp continues to berate several mods in the mod forum (and NO we can't post those here for you to personally read).

You don't know of what you speak when you lecture us about the goodness & mercy of his royal highass!

Quote:
If you find it so objectionable, GO AWAY . See - you can be a solution to the problem

Quote:
Very immature behavior, that certainly wouldn't get you very far in a corporate climate.
I wouldn't know about that - my husband makes a lot of money so I can stay at home being a MOM - but that probably doesn't mean very much in your book. Since the "corporate" world is the only world that matters to you.

Quote:

Ask yourself that question - you are just as guilty of keeping this isht going.

Quote:
No - its just that the majority of us agree on these issues. (And now what were you saying about not attacking someone, and now we go to the low self esteem calling...)

Quote:
Oh, are you hurt? Did the big bad QUEENS of GC hurt your feelings? Maybe the answer to these questions are only obvious to those of us that are smart enough to KNOW better!

Quote:
And finally do you (collective you) think your (collective your) sarcastic comments, and belittling statements would make your GLO proud? [/B]
Yes - because MY GLO taught me that sometimes, there are people, even your own sisters, that you won't get along with, and that's okay. But better than that, my MOMMA taught me "You act the fool, you get treated like the fool" -- and boy are you proving her point.

Question for you.... would YOUR GLO be proud of what you have said & done here?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Who, answer Your question?

Need to be more explicit to whom you are refering to along with Whats Her name, Oh axoalum.

Oh Boy, Pick on the New 5 Min. ZTA!

So you do not agree with Her. That is very evident isnt it?

Make Her ideas the same as yours.. Lets all go back to baking school so that We can all be molded in the store bought cookie cutter molds.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-08-2005, 05:29 PM

1. As has been stated previously and in at least one other thread around here: John is and has been aware of the many concerns about the AI subforum. Based on John's previous decisions for GC, I have no doubt that he will do what he feels is best for the subforum and the overall board. Does that mean he'll do what I might want or what you might want? Nope, not at all. It means that I believe that John will do what he feels is best for GC. Period.

2. John is unable to take immediate action at times due to "behind the scenes" GC programming needs, other forum needs, etc. This is nothing new around here. Remember, folks, John has a J-O-B that comes first. GC is probably way down on the list, and that's okay. If that's the tradeoff we have to keep GC open, easy to navigate and free to users then that's great IMHO.

3. Message boards are not perfect.

Thank you for reading and have a good day.

Love,
Big Bad
Old 08-08-2005, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Make Her ideas the same as yours.. Lets all go back to baking school so that We can all be molded in the store bought cookie cutter molds.
Show me where I EVER made a comment about being a 5 minute anything...[listening to elevator music whilst I wait]

She doesn't agree with me - that is very evident.

The two of you make a fine pair - you finally have a groupie, congrats, Tom!
Old 08-08-2005, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Who, answer Your question?

Need to be more explicit to whom you are refering to along with Whats Her name, Oh axoalum.

Old 08-08-2005, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I <3 jharb even though I have to clean my screen now...
Old 08-08-2005, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXO Alum
I <3 jharb even though I have to clean my screen now...
You should thank p4t, he's the one who made the graphic. http://www.livejournal.com/users/p4t/
Old 08-08-2005, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry, when was this the world according to blueangel?

I and other people are perfectly free to bring up what we want publicly. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean squat. You're not the queen, and you have no power over me or anyone else to tell us how we SHOULD and SHOULD NOT post.

And has been said a billion times that you obviously don't understand, it was brought up privately, but it's not able to be dealt with at the moment.

You've been one of the more hateful people on here lately, just in case you hadn't noticed