GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,412
5 members and 2,407 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, Phrozen Sands

Old 04-04-2002, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking "Clothing Optional" Beaches

Okay. I am headed to Jamaica in July with my husband and two other couples. We are staying at a place that offers, among other things, "clothing optional" beaches and pools.

My question to you is this:

1. Have you gone to a "clothing optional" beach? If not, would you? Why/why not?

I had an interesting conversation with my friends at dinner tonight about this and wondered what you all thought.

Jen
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-04-2002, 07:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Clothing optional beaches are key! I went to one and didn't wear anything because nobody else was, and I didn't want to feel left out, as weird as it may sound. If you are going with your husband, and some friends, why not? It's all in fun!
Old 04-04-2002, 07:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
I don't think I would want to go to a "clothing optional" or nude beach. I'd be afraid that I'd be unintentionally staring at people...like "look at her lopsided boobs" or "man, he has a really small..." You get the picture.

I don't necessarily think it's because I would be uncomfortable being... say, topless (I don't think I would feel comfortable going totally nude on a public beach)...but just the ackwardness of staring at people and them staring at you.
Old 04-04-2002, 08:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I've been to a clothing optional beach. I have no problem with nudity but I chose to keep my clothes on because I have ghostly white skin and did not want to burn my boobs!! It was probably 95 degrees and it no matter how much sunscreen I use I will still become a lobster. It's just like a normal beach, just more flesh.

Have a nice day
Old 04-04-2002, 09:31 AM

I went to one while I was in the Bahamas and chose to keep my clothing on. I was with a bunch of guys I was friends with and it just would've been way too weird for me.
But, those guys went to the beach hoping to see some "hot girls". I think that 98% of the people that are on the clothing optional beaches are the ones you wouldn't even want to see even when fully clothed!

Last edited by ZTAngel; 04-04-2002 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-04-2002, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, during spring break of 2001, we all
went to Key West. By the time we decided to book a hotel, the prices were crazy. So, we decided to go with the cheapest we could find, which was called, De Ja Vu- Clothing Optional Resort. None of us planned to take the option , and we all thought the hotel would be full of spring breakers. If anything, we figured we'd come away with funny stories. The only spring breakers that were at the 'resort' were the people we came with. Everyone else that stayed at this hotel (which turned out to be a SWINGERS club- I am not even kidding), um, were kinda wierd, and you really didn't want them to take the option!
Old 04-04-2002, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

In my younger days we would always go to Greece for the Summer and the beaches around our home are all topless.

It wasn't a big deal in my younger/firmer days, I would not be so inclinded to do so at this point. Not like I'm old, I'm 23, but things change after you get out of school and no longer have time to go walking or running after cute fraternity boys and I wouldn't wish to advertise that fact on a nude beach. But then again, there will be some peolpe out there that you will want to think twice before seeing naked!

I say, if you got, flaunt it! It is a vaction and it's supposed to be fun! It isn't like you are in the front yard with your letters tattoed across your chest and some photographer is snaping pictures for the papers.

Good Luck, have fun for me too!

Last edited by LexiKD; 04-04-2002 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2002, 01:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
We have a clothing optional beach right on the UBC campus - Wreck Beach. I have been down there a couple of times, but have remainded clothed, it is a lot of fun though
Old 04-04-2002, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I think topless beaches are cool, like in my case because Im single. If I was married, and my husband was cool with it, I might consider the whole nude thing....but not with my husband, and our friends! I say this with humor in mind, but its like a few steps away from a swap (swingers) party lol. Its one thing to go and see complete strangers naked (who you will never see again)....but who wants to see their friends and their friends spouses naked? (who you have to see on a regular basis!)
Old 04-04-2002, 05:12 PM

If you decide to go topless, wear sunscreen (like SPF 15 or 30)...if you get sunburned on your "boo-boos", it is painful and very itchy!
Old 04-04-2002, 07:48 PM

I did the topless beach thing back in my younger days, but I've never been to a nude beach. I am worried I might burst out laughing if I saw some guy walking down the beach with his thingy swinging!
Old 04-04-2002, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Hahaha - thats why I wouldnt want to go with other couples - especially people I was really good friends with. I dont wanna see my friends' husbands wang hangin!
Old 04-05-2002, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

There are a few nude beaches in Jamaica and you don't mention which you are going to. Sandals or Couples in Ocho Rios has their own island that is suits optional. There are some in Mo' Bay as well. If you are talking about Negril and a place called Hedonism you are in for an 'interesting' time. The place used to be called Negril Beach Village, then Hedonism II, and now I hear Hedonism III. They had three beaches. The one directly behind the hotel was regular, then to either side was a tops optional and a suits optional. It has gotten even wilder. If you can handle the people in the hot tub having sex in front of you then go for it. There was one lady down there whose husband took her down for a good time for her birthday, she ended up pulling a train with 50 guys. There are parties at night and anything goes. No kids allowed at that resort and am sure you understand why.
Old 04-07-2002, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know if I would or not, I'm self concisous now.

A word of advice if you do go, use HeadHunters sunscreen. I think its like spf 80 or something really high, for your um...more tender areas.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lilsnakeyk
My favorite topless/nude beach.....although a little bit chilly is up in Santa Cruz (near Wishinhopin/Corina) and I think it is called Red, White and Blue beach. My then boyfriend and I, Mark, used to frequent it often

-Lil Snakey K