GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,145
3 members and 2,142 guests
No Members online

Old 11-15-2001, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GmuTeke
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year?

My coworkers are playing Christmas Carols already!

Michelle maintains that the rule is you can play carols in any month with a -ber, while I state that you can't play carols until after the 1st of December.

any thoughts?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-15-2001, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to smiles23
Christmas starts for me after Thanksgiving. I do not get to see my family much besides the holidays so it starts to make things seem really relaxed and much better.

I am one of those crazy fools who gets like two hours of sleep and then goes shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I could not be more excited for Christmas if you made me.

At work, I love the fact that they start the Christmas music after Thanksgiving because it makes things seem less stressful. Who doesn't know the words to the songs by now? When you can relax at work it is a really nice break from a lot of stressful times.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Who can ignore Xmas when the dept stores have all the Xmas decorations and other items up in October? lol.
Old 11-15-2001, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Dejajeva
Oooh I love christmas.
Everything is so cozy..the snow gives you reasons to cuddle up with your special someone..the mistletoe gives you good reasons to kiss him..lol.
Okay I'm going overboard.

It's just so cheerful..and happy..families together..presents..!
lol

Jess
Old 11-15-2001, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Any month ending in -ber? So do they think its okay to be playing Christmas music pre-Halloween? That's insane.

I like to wait until Dec 1 AT LEAST to break out the Christmas stuff.

So many people forget that Dec 25th is only the FIRST day of Christmas. It lasts 12 days, until Jan 7 (Kings Day, and the official start of the Mardi Gras season). I hate that on Dec. 26th, everything is gone and its all over.
Old 11-15-2001, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I do not want to see a bit of garland, hear any carols, wrap any presents, or put up any lights until after thanksgiving - i don't like one season intruding on another!!!

I've worked at the Gap for the past 2 years, and after hearing Christmas Carols for like 8 hours a day non-stop - i have learned to hate them a lot
Old 11-15-2001, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Quote:
Originally posted by IowaHawkeye
after hearing Christmas Carols for like 8 hours a day non-stop - i have learned to hate them a lot
cha cha cha...I'm sure they have learned to hate you just as much also..LOL..now that is the true meaning of cha...

Blaine
Old 11-15-2001, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by IowaHawkeye
I do not want to see a bit of garland, hear any carols, wrap any presents, or put up any lights until after thanksgiving - i don't like one season intruding on another!!!

I've worked at the Gap for the past 2 years, and after hearing Christmas Carols for like 8 hours a day non-stop - i have learned to hate them a lot
I'm with you, IowaHawkeye! I worked at Goody's for 2 years in college and the endless loop of Christmas music from October through December almost sucked the Christmas spirit right out of me. And, as if that wasn't enough torture, the rude customers screaming at me in the customer service department finished the job!
Old 11-15-2001, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Christmas starts after the Macy's parade in New York is over.
Old 11-16-2001, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I dunno personally I don't put up anything christmas related until the day after thanksgiving, usualy when I was away from home at my other college , my folks and family used to wait till I got home usualy the 23rd and they would make me do it , but oh well now I do it the day after turkey day. Helps to get into the whole spirit thing. As for my job, yea we started way back in yuck september, but we put it on pause for any other holiday before chirstmas, know how much sense does that make
oh well Happy Holidays Everybody
DGPhoney~
Old 11-16-2001, 06:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I always decorate for Thanksgiving, in fact I started yesterday.
It consists of some garland for a base and I cover it in berries and "fake" fruit. After Thanksgiving, I throw on the gold netting ribbons, balls and beads. After Christmas, I add purple and green beads for Mardi Gras along with dublooms scattered into the mix.
All in all it takes a few minutes to decorate after the base is set.
Putting it away and replacing it with Easter decorations is the REAL chore.

The music starts when I decorate, but is limited to songs about family and holidays, the REAL Christmas music comes out whenever we have an opportunity to be home at the same time-which isn't as often as I'd like.

We got a FAKE TREE (UGH!) I HATE it, but at least I can put it up whenever I'm ready and don't have to wait on the "old man" to feel the "spirit" move him. That reminds me...gotta go get my Yankee Candle!
Old 12-17-2001, 05:26 PM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by juniorgrrl
(Kings Day, and the official start of the Mardi Gras season).
Now, that's what I waiting for, Mardi Gras! Last year's was pure comedy, everything from my friend falling off the moving float to this girl flashing her pussy on the rooftop to us throwing beeds AT people to throwing one necklace in a crowd of people so they can fight over it.