GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 822
1 members and 821 guests
Xidelt

Old 03-04-2020, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Hi

Hi

Last edited by Needingadvice; 03-04-2020 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Idk how to delete this
Old 03-04-2020, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needingadvice View Post
Tl;dr: Is getting drunk enough to throw up a reason to get blacklisted?
Hello. I have a question about a problem I recently came across. I’m 100% honest about what happened so I’ll give a description of what went on. So I’m a girl and I was friends with a lot of the boys in this one fraternity. Or at least I thought we were friends. When I first met them though there were already a lot of shitty rumors going around on how I was annoying and how the sorority I was pledging for didn’t like me even though like they low key begged me to join. I was PCP, and didn’t engage in any of that shit, but I did get tired and decided I wanted to drop before initiation. These girls though talked to a lot of the boys in this other fraternity about how they didn’t like me, and I guess through some weird obligation they didn’t like me either at first. Fast forward and we all became friends and stuff and I think they got over it, but there was just this one guy who is RM chair that just doesn’t like me. No big deal he doesn’t have to, however it’s relevant to this next part. So I don’t normally get like wasted or like black out drunk. There was a venue party hosted by that fraternity that I was friends with. I went to the pregame for it, forgot I hadn’t eaten dinner so I was drinking a lot on an empty stomach. Got reaaaaally drunk and ended up throwing up on the bus on the way to the venue (not uncommon though), sorority girls do it all the time. I then just kinda was taken care of by some of my friends and one of my friends who is a guy in the frat helped take me to his place to chill and make sure I was okay, which I was. It wasn’t an extraordinarily bad situation. It wasn’t like I passed out or went to the hospital. I just drank too much, ate too little by accident and threw up a bit. While I’m leaving the venue with my friend this guy who is RM chair, who doesn’t like me, is like hey we’re going to have you blacklisted. He basically accused me of getting too out of control when I hadn’t done anything out of the ordinary. I know quite a few girls that go and throw up or get really drunk but no one has been blacklisted. I honestly think I got blacklisted because this guy doesn’t like me, but I don’t know. Advice would be appreciated.
QFP.

If the fraternity that blacklisted you thinks it’s reason enough, then it’s reason enough. Blacklisting isn’t some official process, I knew a girl that was blacklisted because she hung out at their chapter house too much and they were sick of her acting like she had a claim over them.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Damn chill no need to be hostile.
Old 03-04-2020, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needingadvice View Post
Damn chill no need to be hostile.
I’m sorry you read that as hostile that certainly was not the intended tone of my reply. I responded to your question and shared a relevant story?
Old 03-04-2020, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

I took GoldenAnchor's message as intending to share with you, that your situation is not unique. I hope you take my information for what I intended-information.

I would say yes, getting so drunk that a person throws up on the party bus is reason to ban a non-member from a fraternity. Greek life is under close scrutiny on many college campuses, especially where risk management situations are concerned by both national offices and college administrations. Chapters can lose their charter, and be banned by the college from situations that involve non-members. The RM officer is just thinking of his chapter first, which is what he should do. On top of that, any group has the right to not allow admittance to any non-member for whatever reason. They owe you nothing.Most folks mess up at least once while in college. Hopefully, you have come out of this situation smarter than before.