GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,643
0 members and 1,643 guests
No Members online

Old 01-07-2020, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

There just isn't enough time to have 5 "days" of recruitment. Alabama's is a week long with only 18 groups.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Yikes. Mild weather for IU, but with prediction of rain. Pack an umbrella, PMN's!
Old 01-07-2020, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
also, while the PNMs are going to 22 chapters the actives are required to host 24 parties; this way the PNMs get 2 breaks thoughout the two days but the chapters don't.
I'm exhausted just thinking about this!

@~/~~~~
Old 01-08-2020, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
I'm exhausted just thinking about this!
Every year at some point during the 4-day stretch I question my sanity for being a recruitment advisor. But every year I come back so... This will be my 9th IU recruitment. I should write a book...

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 01-08-2020, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Every year at some point during the 4-day stretch I question my sanity for being a recruitment advisor. But every year I come back so... This will be my 9th IU recruitment. I should write a book...
Wow!!! Well thank you for giving of your time to do this! With that many groups as a whole and the sheer numbers of those who do go through recruitment I just can't even imagine.

If anything for those who do go through the recruitment process, its certainly a good life lesson in keeping yourself organized.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
There just isn't enough time to have 5 "days" of recruitment. Alabama's is a week long with only 18 groups.
I know it is a logistical nightmare, but I can’t help thinking how many girls there must be who have gone through with open minds but in spite of themselves, develop a preference for 3 or 4 groups, them get to pref round and all those groups are completely gone. If they had lost one or two of them in the round before, it might not be such a blow. Ditto the 16 to 9 drop, although when that happens, you have more time to realign your expectations.

This is where we got the spate of moms and PNMs a couple years ago trying to game the system and like top, middle and bottom chapters like they were at the Kentucky Derby.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I know it is a logistical nightmare, but I can’t help thinking how many girls there must be who have gone through with open minds but in spite of themselves, develop a preference for 3 or 4 groups, them get to pref round and all those groups are completely gone. If they had lost one or two of them in the round before, it might not be such a blow. Ditto the 16 to 9 drop, although when that happens, you have more time to realign your expectations.
Yes, conceivably a PNM could be interested in 3 or 4 groups, but given the size of the Greek System and the size of the chapters, there are often multiple chapters with the same "vibe". That opens up a PNM's options considerably.

Also, as I say every year, each and every chapter at IU has something of value to offer its members. There are smart, beautiful, outgoing, amazing women in every chapter. I am fairly confident that a PNM can find her people in almost every chapter. I know that I could have been very happy in 5 or 6 chapters and pretty darn happy in at least a dozen or more of the chapters during my time there.

Good luck to all of the PNMs, chapter women, chapter advisors and PNM family members out there! May the odds be ever in your favor.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
The IU threads the past few years have been full of happy endings. Hope that continues!
Old 01-08-2020, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post

This is where we got the spate of moms and PNMs a couple years ago trying to game the system and like top, middle and bottom chapters like they were at the Kentucky Derby.
Was this around the time Indiana opened for expansion and added the new chapters to the bunch?

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 01-08-2020, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Idk when new chapters were added. In 2017, the last year that tridelts took a pledge class (and was not able to initiate them), there were 3 pref parties. It dropped to 2 the year after. There has been no addition of new chapters during this time, and the only difference in number of chapters would be the loss of DDD in Spring 2017 and Chi O not taking a formal pledge class last Spring.

Last edited by ivyrose2; 01-08-2020 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

According to the NPC recruitment thread chapters were added in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2016.

But yeah tri delt closing and chi o pulling out of recruitment last year were both really crazy. Chi O did take a class in the fall so their numbers should be fine.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 01-09-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
You do know how much I adore this post, right? Thank you for being so awesome!

PS: YES, write the book! I'll buy the first copy!!!
Old 01-09-2020, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum View Post
You do know how much I adore this post, right? Thank you for being so awesome!

PS: YES, write the book! I'll buy the first copy!!!
Well it was because of you I started doing this in the first place!
And considering I survived the transition from complete bed rush to complete NPC recruitment guidelines it could be interesting.

I’m just trying to figure out how it’s been 9 years yet I haven’t aged at all.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 01-09-2020, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
define "huge"? yes there are drops. however the harshest cuts with RFM occur earlier, (16 to 9 is harsh) so if you get to 9 party... plus most PNMs don't have full schedules at that point anyway.

as for the # registered that start recruitment, we won't know the start number until Wednesday. We will have grade cuts and those that just decided to not come back early.
I was saying it’s a huge drop for the PNMs to try to list 2 favorites out of 9, regardless of which houses actually ask them to Pref and if they theoretically have 9 still in play.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Is Chi O allowed to participate this year?