GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,357
1 members and 1,356 guests
John

Old 02-20-2020, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Can someone update here on ASA and D Phi E COB? A lot of concerned folks seeing that 10 on the other page for ASA.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-20-2020, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

For ASA according to their instagram they're still hosting events and even the PHA themselves have been advertising for them too. Not too sure about DPhieE.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 02-20-2020, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2 View Post
Can someone update here on ASA and D Phi E COB? A lot of concerned folks seeing that 10 on the other page for ASA.
DPhiE pledged 32 during formal recruitment. Following informal recruitment, I heard that they pledged 14 or 15 more women.

I had heard initially that ASA pledged ten during formal recruitment, but then I heard that they pledged four women during formal. Following informal recruitment, the chapter posted a picture on instagram with 20 new pledges. So not sure if the pledge class after formal + informal is 20 or 24. And that doesn't take into consideration any additional COB they may have done in the weeks since informal ended.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestGrump View Post
DPhiE pledged 32 during formal recruitment. Following informal recruitment, I heard that they pledged 14 or 15 more women.

I had heard initially that ASA pledged ten during formal recruitment, but then I heard that they pledged four women during formal. Following informal recruitment, the chapter posted a picture on instagram with 20 new pledges. So not sure if the pledge class after formal + informal is 20 or 24. And that doesn't take into consideration any additional COB they may have done in the weeks since informal ended.
Informal hasn't ended yet. I believe that those offered and accepted bids during informal have a Panhellenic orientation the beginning on March and PHA would like for informal to have concluded by then, but there is no rule that sororities have to stop. Informal can continue until the last day of the semester if the sorority so choses.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 02-21-2020, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
Informal hasn't ended yet. I believe that those offered and accepted bids during informal have a Panhellenic orientation the beginning on March and PHA would like for informal to have concluded by then, but there is no rule that sororities have to stop. Informal can continue until the last day of the semester if the sorority so choses.
Yes, I was referring to the open invitation, informal recruitment events that ASA and DPhiE held the week after formal recruitment ended. I understand that they may continue doing COB throughout the semester.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks. Does anyone know the reason why D Phi E is moving out the Tri Delt house?
Old 02-22-2020, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
They are? I knew TPA was moving out of their house and going back to being unhoused, but I didn't know DPhiE was moving out too.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Dphie has a 5 year lease they are only on year 2 or 3 with option to extend 2years. They are not moving out.