GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,392
1 members and 1,391 guests
bapitytts7552

Old 11-20-2001, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Whew!

The one thing I'd advise you to do is to stay firm. It's very common for a student to be caught in a crime and then his/her friends or parents will come put heavy pressure on the victim to drop the charges; I saw it happen many times in the past year. Those who think they're "helping" the student don't realize that another offense is likely to happen shortly.

Stay strong! See it through to the end, no matter how much you're pressured; enlist your friends' and parent's help too!
Old 11-20-2001, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
I would also take all the evidence and the police report and send it to her GLO'S IHQ. Bet you she will be dealt with real quick there.
Old 11-22-2001, 02:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh well! I guess that is that.

Facebook

Last edited by ilovemyglo; 11-28-2001 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-22-2001, 02:40 AM
GreekChat Member

if she is that "weak" maybe she be at home living with daddy-this would be easier as he would be rt. there to clean up her messes
sorry I have no sympathy
Old 11-22-2001, 02:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

How ridiculous! I would laugh except its so sad.

One of these days Daddy isn't going to be able to help--then she'll be so far in over her head she'll never get out. And Daddy will have no one to blame but himself for raising a spoiled rotten child.

Something to add to the top 10 pet-peeves thread: Parents who think they are helping their children when in fact they are hurting them more than they can possible imagine.
Old 11-22-2001, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

I know that in this case, it wouldn't work, but the sorority sisters that egged her on could possibly have been charged with "aiding and abetting", i.e., "party to a crime", which may carry the same penalties as the offender.

I would think that $1200 credit card fraud would be a felony so what would affect her the rest of her life. If your state is an "open records" state, it would be interesting to see if she has been "weak" before.

There was a case in a nearby town where a prominent dentist forged blood work papers to hide the fact that his underage daughter was drunk. Darling Dau will prob get a light sentence (maybe a first offender sentence where she gets prob and the record is sealed for employment/licensing purposes) whereas darling dad may end up with a felony.

Hope your offender has enough trust fund to weather a bad rep and/or criminal history that future employers will find out about
Old 11-22-2001, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Lynn, I heard about that dentist case!

As a parent, I'm sure you want to let your kid learn. I don't think covering up for a mature adult is going to be the right answer.

The stupid girl should pay up and learn the hard way. I think you should write their nationals and bring her up on standards. (if they have this...) That type of conduct of any GLO member should be spotlighted.
Old 11-24-2001, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Very interesting post - I am filled with so many emotions! I have a question though that may bring some sort of gratification to you ilovemyglo.....if she is convicted, even if she just gets community service, wont it go on her record and she would have to put it on any future employment documents? That would be cool. Also, do I understand this right...the thief's boyfriend works at the Gap where she used your credit card? Couldnt he be charged too for looking the other way? I just think that whole story about her being persuaded by other girls is BS! Blah - please keeps us updated!
Old 11-24-2001, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Volgirl

Interesting timing, I'm watching the TN-Vandy game...and I didn't go to either one..just waiting for the Ga-GaTech game..so I won't tell you who I hope wins the T-V game,

As for the offender's record, it depends on the state. Georgia has a program called the First Offender Act, which doesn't have to be for the 1st offense, lol.

The offender can pay a fine, be given comm. svcs, probation and/or even spend time behind bars (boy would that be a wake-up call for girl and parents). If the offender doesn't get in trouble before the end of the sentence, the judge can "seal" the record which means it cannot be given out if she applies for a job or a license..only for criminal justice purposes, i.e., the police think she did it again. This doesn't apply in this case, but if drugs were involved, it would be a different story.

But...in Georgia, until the GBI actually updates her criminal record to show that she successfully completed the FOA sentence, a future employer could get her record b/c the arrest would be "open"..no "final" disposition.

As for the ex-bf, that would be interesting if he let the girl use someone else's card....
Old 11-24-2001, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Hehehe Lynn - Well I hope my vol boys win because it will be our last win of the season (we play Florida for our last game)!Hehe I am a huge fan of all the SEC teams except the gators (sorry gator fans - but when you go to the swamp its just not cool to be doused with urine lol) - so I hope your GA team wins!
Oh Yeah, where are you in GA? My brother lives in Sharpsburg.
Old 11-25-2001, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry

Facebook

Last edited by ilovemyglo; 11-28-2001 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-25-2001, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

ilovemyglow: it makes me angry when I think about girls like that that get away with everything! I think the worst punishment will be that her reputation is damaged and now people will think of her as a thief & not completely ever trust her? Anyway, I am sorry this has happened to you - I even had a dream about this! I do have a non related question for you - how far away is Louisville KY from Louisville TN (thats where I am)....wait I bet you havent heard of Louisvill TN...its right outside Knoxville.
Old 11-25-2001, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I have heard of Louisville TN but I don't know where it is ... Knoxville is like 6 hours... if it helps, Louisville is almost 3 hours from Nashville. I went to Memphis this week for my family's thanksgiving and it took us 7 hours. Hope that makes since! I miss being home, but that is what college does.

Facebook