GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,772
0 members and 1,772 guests
No Members online

Old 10-10-2004, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Your Favorite Letters!

This is more for the girls...I've noticed that not a lot of guys have "novelty" letters...just their colors.

Mine are on a black shirt, red background, with skulls and crossbones. My sisters call them my "death letters" or my "pirate letters". One joked that I should wear them during recruitment and be like..."welcome to t triangle, where we really mean true till death...muwahaha".
Old 10-10-2004, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Your Favorite Letters!

Quote:
Originally posted by PhoenixAzul
This is more for the girls...I've noticed that not a lot of guys have "novelty" letters...just their colors.

Mine are on a black shirt, red background, with skulls and crossbones. My sisters call them my "death letters" or my "pirate letters". One joked that I should wear them during recruitment and be like..."welcome to t triangle, where we really mean true till death...muwahaha".
That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

My fav. (because I don't enough time to type favorite. oops.) letters because I passed all the others down are the ones my big brother gave me, which is forest green letters, golden tan background and forrest green shirt. Also have a snazzy black red black combo but black shirts fade faster than the letters that are swen to them. My favorite ones I passed down were navy blue shirt, silver letters with a black background.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Re: Your Favorite Letters!

Quote:
I keep reading this over and over, but I'm still confused. What does "just their colors" mean? Please explain!

My favorite lettered item is my line shirt, but I also LOVE my powder blue shirt with powder blue letters backed in white. So pretty!

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Your Favorite Letters!

Quote:
Originally posted by preciousjeni
I keep reading this over and over, but I'm still confused. What does "just their colors" mean? Please explain!

My favorite lettered item is my line shirt, but I also LOVE my powder blue shirt with powder blue letters backed in white. So pretty!
Maybe she means that NIC-type fraternities only have lettered shirts in their fraternity colors (like most cultural orgs) but NPC-type sororities have letters in all types of colors and printed fabrics.

ETA: This was the case when I was in grad school at American -- seemed like the guys all had the same types of letters in their colors.

To answer the question, my favorite set of letters is a gold t-shirt with gold letters and a black background. I know, it's not OLD GOLD exactly, but I still like them very much. They were a joint gift from a Zeta and a Delta.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Your Favorite Letters!

Quote:
Originally posted by Senusret I
Maybe she means that NIC-type fraternities only have lettered shirts in their fraternity colors (like most cultural orgs) but NPC-type sororities have letters in all types of colors and printed fabrics.

ETA: This was the case when I was in grad school at American -- seemed like the guys all had the same types of letters in their colors.

To answer the question, my favorite set of letters is a gold t-shirt with gold letters and a black background. I know, it's not OLD GOLD exactly, but I still like them very much. They were a joint gift from a Zeta and a Delta.
Oh! I always saw both NPC and NIC letters that weren't the organization's colors. That's why I was so confused!!

Old 10-11-2004, 12:59 AM
cutiepatootie

My f avorite display of letters is :

lavender color t shirt, fuschia background, navy blue stitch, and this material i got at wal mart ...it was snow white print that they discontinued REALLY cute shirt....my only set of letters
Old 10-11-2004, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
What I meant by "just their colors" was like...OK, so my colors are white and blue, so getting white and blue letters. My brother has a couple sets of "novelty" or "print" letters (we found him Pittsburgh Pirate fabric to make letters and he about peed himself). But he always has the harvard red on old gold on a maroon shirt. (he's a phi tau). Boys never get all fancy with thier letters!

I have to go with all the people in my family tree and pick out our family letters this year. We have to decide on a print or theme that distinguishes our family from the rest. One branch of the house has ivy letters, the other has stars, another one has sunflowers, and yet another has kitties! It's just to sort of signify a family line (which are very complicated when you're refounded from 5 girls. We have one tree that is a straight line..no branches, no forking! Then you have others that make you somehow related to 9/10ths of the sorority).
Old 10-11-2004, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Hmm....I have too many letter shirts...it's too hard to choose! One of my fav's is this: black shirt w/red, white, and black camoflage letters. And my fav TKE shirt of mine is a white shirt w/ black background with neon blue foreground, quite cute
Old 10-11-2004, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

"Somewhere" I have a t-shirt with Winnie the Pooh letters and also a t with Yankee letters. Gotta look hard for them though...........

Oh yeah, my other favorite letter shirt was a rush shirt with the cheers theme in the front with our letters and in the back it said "sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name" and listed all our pledge names.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My brother has a couple sets of "novelty" or "print" letters (we found him Pittsburgh Pirate fabric to make letters and he about peed himself)
LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Old 10-11-2004, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ztabchbum Send a message via Yahoo to ztabchbum
My camo jersey is by far my favorite. It's my pledge class jersey and it's a white shirt with green on the sleeves and ZTA is in camo print.