GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek History

Greek History Fraternity and Sorority historical discussions. Chat about all topics related to Greek history here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,559
2 members and 1,557 guests
*winter*, znathanhulzeo24

Old 07-02-2015, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Association of Teachers College Fraternities

The Association of Teachers College Fraternities was founded January 9, 1937. The previous year, Sigma Tau Gamma and Phi Sigma Epsilon had engaged in a series of discussions about forming the association.

It was, obviously, a counterpart to the Association of Education (AES), which was founded much earlier.

The above information is based on page 472 of the 14th edition of Baird’s Manual (1940). On pages 473 – 475 of that edition three fraternities are listed as members of the association: Sigma Tau Gamma , Phi Sigma Epsilon, and Sigma Zeta.

[Sigma Tau Gamma still exists; Phi Sigma Epsilon merged into Phi Sigma Kappa in 1985, I believe, and I don’t know anything more about Zeta Sigma.]

My question for GLO history buffs / experts is this: how long did the Association of Teachers College Fraternities last, and were there other member fraternities besides the three mentioned above?
Old 07-05-2015, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Not much info...

Not much info out there, I googled it and got only a few different results. Books google was better, but it still doesn't appear that it existed for that long.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

A funny after thought, many of "State Colleges" have become Universitys.

STG and PSE were bot at my school, PSU, Ks. until PSE closed. They finally came back As PSK.

LX Z # 1
Alumni