GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Psi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,414
0 members and 1,414 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2000, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Starting a Fraternity

I attend a small white college in West Virginia. My question is how do i start a fraternity. We have a member of Kappa Alpha Psi. The Gentlemen that is a Kappa pledge undergrad. Basicly my question is can they pledge just two people?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-25-2000, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

First, if youwant to be a Kappa youwill be starting a chapter (maybe - or colony)
Yes, you can bring as many members as you want. He should have known tha already.
Talk to this guy, tell him you are interested and why- Don't do it just because that is the only Black Frat on campus- do research!!!!
holla back- WHere are you? maybe I can help you.
Holla
Old 06-02-2000, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Actually I think if there isn't a chapter on the yard already, another chapter must handle the pledge process.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I started a Fraternity 7 years ago and it's still around!

I can understand how confusing it can be when you think about the prospect of either joining a small Fraternity or starting one of your own. It helped that I had joined a chapter of a large Fraternity that was shut down after the alumni group had to foreclose on the house we lived in.

I'm actually looking for people that are interested in starting up a 'beta' (second) chapter of my group. We've been at the University of Minnesota for 7 years and have pretty much been through it all...and are finally ready to spread out.

Feel free to email me if you have questions on starting your own group or if you're interested in learning about mine. It's called Omega Nu Alpha www.omeganualpha.com

Good luck!

-Ed
Old 06-15-2008, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

This thread is over 8 years old!

I Stay Woke!!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you want to start a chapter of a Fraternity already in existence, you need to go to that specific Fraternity and talk to them.

If you want to start your own Fraternity, with your own Letters, Sayings, and Rituals, it is more difficult because you aren't familiar with how Fraternities work. There aren't many people out there willing to help, because you wouldn't be starting a chapter of THEIR Fraternity, know what I mean?

You might want to check How to start a Fraternity, there is an ebook on there that explains exactly how to make your own Frat. My old roomate bought it. He ended up starting his own Fraternity of like 20 guys or so, and said the book was pretty damn good and had a lot of secretive Fraternity information that he couldnt find w/ Google.

You could also try renting Animal House, and watching it over and over until it clicks in your head :P

Last edited by wiggle782; 07-13-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggle782 View Post
I am interested in Omega Nu... email me

I Stay Woke!!
Closed Thread