GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,124
1 members and 2,123 guests
fmanning

Old 07-27-2005, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

PNM informational packet

I am the Panhellenic head of recruitment at my school, and I am organizing an informational packet to distribute to the PNMs after they sign up for recruitment. Would any of you happen to have any advice on what I should include? Information I have included thus far is:

-Introduction (briefly introducing myself and Panhellenic president)

-Dates of pre-recruitment and formal recruitment

-Information on the sororities (color, motto, symbol, etc)

-F.A.Q. (addresses things such as attire, cost, commitment, stereotypes, etc...I could probably use suggestions here)

-Some advice (attire, conversational tips, attitude)

-Practice questions (questions to answer and ask)

-How to approach recruitment (encouraging them to keep an open mind and not just join a sorority because they're a legacy or their best friend is joining)

-Glossary (terms such as legacy, bid, quota, active, etc)

This is a total of 10 pages, and I am doing my best to keep it succinct. However, I would truly appreciate any thoughts or tips...if it's easier and if any of you would be willing, I could email you the packet and you could just scan it and let me know if it's helpful or intimidating. Thank you!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

it sounds like you have some great ideas. you could go to auburn university's panhellenic website-their recruitment booklet is online(and is excellent) and their panhellenic really has it all together!!
Old 07-27-2005, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I remember getting a booklet when I went to the info night. It had all of the sororities outlined (name, symbols, blurb on what they were, etc) and then gave an approximate "new member" dues for each house. And each house did have a different cost.

It was a while ago so I'm not sure if you can still do that now, because the numbers actually scared me a bit.

But having a general number in the FAQ should be sufficient.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

How about a page at the end where they can write down their thoughts after each house, or just the color of the shirts they were wearing or who they talked to so they can remember.

"You used Ghostbusters for evil!" - Liz Lemon
Old 07-27-2005, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Have you considered selling community sponsorships to cover printing costs and make some money for Panhellenic? You can place ads in the brochure and also invite these vendors to include items for a goody bag given to PNM's at Recruitment Forum (when the girls meet their recruitment counselors and groups). They can also staff a table at the Forum.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:49 PM

Good ideas so far. Let me add...

List of recruitment counselors with their contact info - or a space where each PNM can write down the info for her assigned counselor(s)

Dates and times of recruitment events - you mentioned dates, but the PNMs should know whether they have to block off a full day, an afternoon, an evening... Also, state that events begin at <whatever time> sharp and that being late could jeopardize the PNM's chances.

General information about hazing and alcohol policies

General dues information (maybe a range or an average) and a clarification that the first semester is the most expensive because of one-time fees, so PNMs don't get sticker shock

A bit about silence rules

URLs for all the sororities' national and chapter websites

If you have room: Panhellenic Creed
Old 07-27-2005, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UCFStefanie
if you want some FAQ's Look at the Rollins College Greek Website. I created the site last semester and researched many greek life departments (about 100 different schools) in order to look at their FAQ's.

http://www.rollins.edu/dosa/greek/
Old 07-27-2005, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FSUZeta
it sounds like you have some great ideas. you could go to auburn university's panhellenic website-their recruitment booklet is online(and is excellent) and their panhellenic really has it all together!!
I've always been proud of the greatness of the AU recruitment booklet It's a great resource for all PNMs!

(and if you look closely, I'm in there! )
Old 07-27-2005, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I PM'ed you!!