GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,508
2 members and 1,506 guests
naraht

Old 05-22-2000, 02:18 PM
BabyGyrlTiffanee

Question Can you pledge another sorority within the NPHC?

What if I (hypothetically :rolleyes pledged Zeta and changed my mind, for what ever reason, and wanted to pledge Delta? I changed schools and went to a Delta information meeting and filled out an application, etc. Is there anyway of the members there finding out that I pledge another sorority, i.e. a national database of all NPHC members? If anyone has ever done this, how did you explain the change to friends, and family?
Old 05-22-2000, 02:19 PM
BabyGyrlTiffanee

I forgot the other colon , LOL.

Quote:
Originally posted by BabyGyrlTiffanee:
What if I (hypothetically :rolleyes pledged Zeta and changed my mind, for what ever reason, and wanted to pledge Delta? I changed schools and went to a Delta information meeting and filled out an application, etc. Is there anyway of the members there finding out that I pledge another sorority, i.e. a national database of all NPHC members? If anyone has ever done this, how did you explain the change to friends, and family?
Old 05-22-2000, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
Exclamation

NO, you can't pledge both. That is part of the Bylaws of the NPHC. If you do it and you get caught you will get kicked out of both of the organizations. There's no NPHC database of members, but remember the old adage: It's a small world after all!!
Old 05-22-2000, 02:29 PM
Brandee

Hypothetical, yeah right. Did you try and do this for real? If so, please tell us why?
Old 05-22-2000, 02:34 PM
BabyGyrlTiffanee

NO, but I know someone who claimed to have done this. I know for a fact that she pledged ZETA and she did transfer schools and when she came back she was sporting crimson and cream and saying she was now a DELTA. Like I said, she did pledge ZETA here at my school for sure, was very active here with the Zeta's so, I think she is telling the truth about her being a Delta now.

Quote:
Originally posted by Brandee:
Hypothetical, yeah right. Did you try and do this for real? If so, please tell us why?
Old 05-22-2000, 03:48 PM

Talking

OH MY GOODNESS!!! This lady actually did this? Do you think that she could actually be true to either org. i seriously doubt it. It's like a relationship....she's playing them both and eventually it will catch up with her. That is really unbelievable. Do any greeks know if this is possible?
Old 05-22-2000, 04:09 PM
BabyGyrlTiffanee

All I know is that she said Zeta wasn't for her and Delta is her true calling and she wanted to leave it like that. She also said, she was never a true Zeta because it wasn't in her heart. But, like I said, she did PLEDGE ZETA. Is this an excuse to pledge another sorority because you realized it "wasn't in your heart"
Quote:
Originally posted by gypsy:
OH MY GOODNESS!!! This lady actually did this? Do you think that she could actually be true to either org. i seriously doubt it. It's like a relationship....she's playing them both and eventually it will catch up with her. That is really unbelievable. Do any greeks know if this is possible?
Old 05-22-2000, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
I've never heard of this before. If she did so, it was done in dishonesty and she'll get caught. Let me ask you this, when you say she "pledged" Zeta, was it something unofficial, or did she actually complete the MIP process for Zeta Phi Beta, and then complete the MIP for DST?

------------------
>>>"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised... Proverbs 31:29-30
Old 05-22-2000, 04:39 PM
PinkPanther08

SKEEEEEEE WEEEEEEE to my Pretty in Pink Sorors!

I know of a situation where this happened. A young woman became a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha and when she transferred to another school in a different state she became a member of zeta! When she was found out the chapter of AKA sent a photo of her stepping with AKA and both or the sororities kicked her out and had her expelled!

Anyone who would do this is just weak.

Old 05-23-2000, 08:27 AM
BabyGyrlTiffanee

Yes, she did. I went to her coming out and everything. She was a member of Z PHI B first. LIke I said she was a very active part of the Zeta family here. I am confused why she did what she did, but she didn't want to discuss it.

Quote:
Originally posted by tickledpink:
I've never heard of this before. If she did so, it was done in dishonesty and she'll get caught. Let me ask you this, when you say she "pledged" Zeta, was it something unofficial, or did she actually complete the MIP process for Zeta Phi Beta, and then complete the MIP for DST?

Old 05-23-2000, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

I've never heard of this happening before, but I suppose it is possible. However, I'm sure that the dishonest deed will eventually catch up to them. If you know about it, then there is no telling who else knows about it as well. Remember the saying: Loose lips sink ships.
Old 05-26-2000, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

that is so crazy, but it goes to show that some are in it for less then noble reasons and shouldn't be greek at all.
Old 05-27-2000, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

All I can say is DAMN!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2000, 02:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

I am not greek although I am going to attempt it during the new school year. I also know that I have known my sorority of choice for over two years now. I absoulutely do not beleive that you could go through the entire process of becoming a part of one org and then decide it is not right for you. If that is what she is telling you then she is nuts! I beleive that a woman develops a deep love and respect (at least I have) for her org. even before she pledges. If this is true then know matter what school you go to you will always have these feelings. This girl is not only untrue to these orgs. she is untrue to herself. It pains me to know that people are doing this. Most of the greeks that are in their orgs. worked hard to get where they are and even harder to maintain their memberships and keep their orgs. actively involved in the community and I think for someone to come along and play games or attempt to make a mockery of them is ignorant ass hell and I hope she gets caught. I wish everyone would do their research and and make sure that they are picking the right org. You have to love your org. and stand by it no matter what. If I am chosen to be a part of my org. of choice...... I could transfer to fifty schools in fifty different countries and it will always be the right one for me! I am sure most feel that way! Someones need to to school that girl on love, respect, and loyalty. If someone EVER told me they did something like that I would do anything I could to aid in her getting caught. Sisterhood an Service is not a game it is a serious lifetime commitment.
Old 06-03-2000, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Quote:
Originally posted by PositivelyAKA:
that is so crazy, but it goes to show that some are in it for less then noble reasons and shouldn't be greek at all.

AGREED!!!!!
It also makes you wonder about the motives of someone who would actually post such detailed information about an ISOLATED incident that is CLEARLY (unless you are sleeping under a rock) illegal.

OF COURSE ITS NOT LEGAL...AND TO BE PERFECTLY STRAIGHT FORWARD ITS AN ACT OF COWARDICE, AND THE ACT OF A PERSON WHO HAS MAJOR IDENTITY AND SELF ESTEEM ISSUES...TO COMMIT SUCH A HEINOUS AND SELFISH ACT.

I AM FAMILIAR WITH THE INCIDENT OF DISCUSSION AND YES...THIS POOR LOST SOUL WAS EXPELLED FROM BOTH ORGANIZATIONS.

Another spin on this, in the 50's one of my elder Sorors told stories of how girls from other sororities at Howard would come and beg to be initiated into Zeta because their sorors treated them so bad. Personally, I think it's SICK. And I am GLAD that Pan-hell has STRICT rules against such practices today.

~too bad flogging is NOT legal~

[This message has been edited by Finer Woman10-A-91 (edited June 03, 2000).]