GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,533
0 members and 1,533 guests
No Members online

Old 03-12-2011, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaGirl77 View Post
Not everyone is a "rich" girl.

Quote:
The point of fundraising is for it to come out of someone else's pocket and into our bank account.
Never contributing to a Gamma Chi Epsilon fundraiser. Check.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-13-2011, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

You guys take things the WRONG way on these forums...

What I meant was that fundraising wouldn't exist if people didn't need an extra way to make money right? WHY ARE OTHER PEOPLE FUNDRAISING? I wasn't trying to say that we use fundraising money for our future house. Our dues actually go into that somewhat.

We use fundraising money to buy supplies to help people and do other activities that benefit our community. We don't just go around banking people's money. In the past, we have fundraised to buy material to make a quilt for our local woman's shelter. We've raised over $700 for Relay For Life in one semester!

Don't try to make others seem like the bad guy.

And I have done "digging". Searched the whole fundraising forum, but a lot of things are not applicable on everyone's campus. We can't have bake sales (competition for our food court). It's not warm enough out yet to have car washes. We can't hold Bingo Nights on campus because we can't make a profit on school grounds. Hard to find places that will let you raise money around my city without it costing a fortune to rent out. I was just looking for extra ideas that would help our cause.

www.gammachiepsilon.org
Old 03-13-2011, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You guys take things the WRONG way on these forums...

What I meant was that fundraising wouldn't exist if people didn't need an extra way to make money right? WHY ARE OTHER PEOPLE FUNDRAISING? I wasn't trying to say that we use fundraising money for our future house. Our dues actually go into that somewhat.
Really?
Quote:
I was just looking for ideas for us to add to our bank account, so that we can save up to do more community projects and in the distant future, have a house.
Quote:
The point of fundraising is for it to come out of someone else's pocket and into our bank account.
So please don't accuse others of taking things the wrong way when people are just responding to what you plainly said.

Quote:
We use fundraising money to buy supplies to help people and do other activities that benefit our community. We don't just go around banking people's money. In the past, we have fundraised to buy material to make a quilt for our local woman's shelter. We've raised over $700 for Relay For Life in one semester!
That's great. Really! I'd have no problem with that at all. But again, your earlier posts pretty clearly suggest other goals of fundraising as well, and it was those other goals that I said I'd have a problem with.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And I have done "digging". Searched the whole fundraising forum, but a lot of things are not applicable on everyone's campus. We can't have bake sales (competition for our food court). It's not warm enough out yet to have car washes. We can't hold Bingo Nights on campus because we can't make a profit on school grounds. Hard to find places that will let you raise money around my city without it costing a fortune to rent out. I was just looking for extra ideas that would help our cause.
Well sounds like you are completely out of options. I mean, what kinds of community service can you do without spending hundreds of dollars, right?!

You have made your sorority look like a complete joke on a website visited by many, many people. I suggest you stop posting, leave gc and go read a book because I feel sorry for your brain.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:29 AM
GreekChat Member

If the triple-digits don't generate enough money in terms of fundraising, your only real sources for the type of things you need money for are basically alumni.

The money doesn't just come magically out of nowhere.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I can recommend a fundraiser that will also give the group a chance to mingle. You can have a get together and serve coffee - my company offers a free coffee fundraiser program - you can have a cup on us coffee and jazz mixer. Guest have a cup on you and purchase the coffee to go before leaving to sponsor your group, there is 50% profit and the coffee has healthy herbs infused in it 100% organic. It's a great opportunity have an upscale affair while getting sponsors. I do not want to advertise here if interested please let me know.