GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,181
1 members and 2,180 guests
No Members online

Old 03-18-2009, 11:44 PM

*It's SO weird how different they look when all made up vs. when taking photos or doing a pageant. I look at them, and they look like they're MY age when fully made up. It's so bizzare.

*Emily seems like one of those kids who has been doing something for so long that they're like, programmed and going through the motions. It's like what she says is like scripted or something. Like a robot.

*Jordan seems like she actually likes pageants, probably because her mom lets her make up her own routines and pick her outfits, instead of telling her what she's going to do.

*LOL @the mom trying to hide her kid's prop from other mom. It's like the Cold War or something. And lol at the judge's reaction to it.

Lakers Nation.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, I'm watching the re-run of the mother/daughter pageant and I never noticed until today that Alex'a mom (the military wife) is a real bag. I mean, she was barking orders at her daughter under her breathe while they were on stage doing the interview. Good grief lady could you save for criticism until after they got off stage?

She definitely wants this way more than her daughter.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:55 PM

Toddlers and Tiaras was on last night:

What's with the family who has 3 girls doing pageants? And they flat out admit that they can't really afford to do them. Seriously?

And the single mom who lives with HER MOM (she has the little 2 year old)? Grandma said that she could either help her daughter with rent OR she could help with pageants (and have daughter and granddaughter move in). So daughter chose to move in with mom. Wow.

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Last night was the first time I watched "Little Miss Perfect". I watched the 2 episodes back to back and was a little confused - are the pagents always in Charlotte? And it looked like Jordan and Emily (9pm rerun) were in the same pagent as Amber and Sabrina (10pm new show)?

And whats with the chat board where you get to diss the other girls in the pagents? Thats healthy.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieXi View Post
Last night was the first time I watched "Little Miss Perfect". I watched the 2 episodes back to back and was a little confused - are the pagents always in Charlotte? And it looked like Jordan and Emily (9pm rerun) were in the same pagent as Amber and Sabrina (10pm new show)?
No, in the previous episodes the pageant was in FL. I don't know if they moved it or it's just another branch.

Emily has been in another tv show about pageants (was it original Toddlers and Tiara's) but when she was a little younger. I remember the mom and the grandma.

I felt bad for Amber cause the mom and sisters kept talking about how she just wasn't good enough and the 2 sisters were better, yada yada yada.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Maggie, ususally the pagents on LMP are in Florida...or at least there were three that were. I didn't think either girl was great last night, so I was actually glad neither one won.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:01 PM

I'm sorry, but I thought it was SO sad when the one little girl's mom is watching another girl on stage and says "Wow, she's about as little miss perfect as you can get!" The look on her daughter's face was like "Gee thanks mom."

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, and what's this business about a "green board" where people were bashing other little girls? That just seemed ridiculous.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone else predict eating disorders, body image issues, and emotional damage down the road? Not all cute little girls grow up to be pretty women.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Yup...i said somewhere, most of these mothers are like wut Joe Jackson was to Michael Jackson...bless their hearts tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by LΩVE View Post
Does anyone else predict eating disorders, body image issues, and emotional damage down the road? Not all cute little girls grow up to be pretty women.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LΩVE View Post
You can say that again. Look at these mothers. The majority are grossly overweight with stringy unkempt hair. I feel so bad that this is what those girls may have to look forward to when they grow up.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I was watching one of these shows with a (female) friend, and one little girl was crying becuase she didn't want to be in the pagent anymore and her mom threatened to spank her if she didint' stop crying

that is beyond f**ked up

/story
Old 07-21-2009, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

So excited that the new season of T&T starts tomorrow night!!!
I bet TLC is releasing this season early since J&K is on hiatus.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw the previews for this with my husband. He just turned, looked at me and said, "What the f*ck is wrong with parents, really?"

I've not ever seen the show, but it looks like a train wreck.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Why would a two week old compete in a pageant? He has no talent and no personality! On top of it all, he's not even cute! I can't stand when babies are born with a mini "adult" nose!

Also, spending $65,0000 on a little girl to be in pageants?! I've never had a dress that cost over $300! Let alone $3,600! She better pray she can win back all that money she's spending!
ETA: That girl won pretty much everything, Mommy knows best.

Last edited by BabyPiNK_FL; 07-23-2009 at 12:49 AM.