GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Sigma Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,422
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, indisigma00
» Online Users: 2,699
3 members and 2,696 guests
Cookiez17, indisigma00

Old 06-18-2002, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Wink Sheila Rocks!

Dood, I just had to say that!!!

Oh and I heard theres a group of girls on Clarion's campus that wants to start a sorority, they want Phi Mu, but wouldnt ASA get a chance first?!
Old 06-18-2002, 09:53 AM

Well, if a certain EX Greek advisor has anything to do with it, we would never come back. Alpha Xi Delta was there once too, they came I think around the same time you guys did and left sometime in the early 80's (before I got there). The only other state school Phi Mu is at is West Chester...they are stronger in the south, not so much up here...I don't know if Clarion is something they would want to undertake. They would have to go to all the NPC groups that aren't there, but ASA & AXD would probably get asked first since they were there previously.

What about Theta Phi? I don't think they can vote in a new group until they get up to total.

If you hear any more about this group, let me know...
Old 06-18-2002, 10:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Of course Sheila Rocks!

Hey Angel! Just a comment on the ASA/Clarion and a new sorority coming. We had this situation at Bloomsburg this semester. A group of about 30 women had formed an interest group and wanted to affiliate with a national sorority. They contacted Kappa Delta on their own, and Theta Phi Alpha. When they met with the Greek Advisor, they were shot down. KD never responded, but TPA thought about it I think. Anyways, with sororities on campus not at total, expansion shouldn't be an option.

What happened to the group of 30 women who wanted to start a sorority?? D Phi E did a presentation, and we're currently doing a reorganization of the chapter, and 25 of the 30 women joined D Phi E. I encourage you to reach out to these women who want to start their own group. Obviously they're looking for something they aren't seeing on campus, and often times, it's just a lack of PR or such that they don't see it. At least that was our deal

Let me know if you need any help!
Old 08-24-2002, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
Hey Sheila!

You should rest easily, the Greek system at Clarion is in good hands. Shawn has a new boss, I'm kinda confused about the whole situation, but when I met him I asked him if he was in a fraternity, and he responded by saying that he IS a Delta Tau Delta, which really impressed me.

As for the interest group, Shawn doesn't feel that it is going to go anywhere, especially since the only group near total is DZ. The rest are in the 40's and Theta Phi Alpha is in the 10's. Sooo... I don't know.

On the fraternity side, Sigma Tau Gamma just lost their charter. But, TEKEs are back....
Old 08-25-2002, 04:28 PM

thanks for the update Jess!

Who's the new boss and what's his title? I know they are doing a lot of reshuffling around w/ the student affairs type personnel up there.

re Sig Tau Gamma - is it because of that shooting? Their house was originally built for TKE...it would be funny if the TKEs end up back in it.

Good luck with rush to everyone and have a great semester! I'll be up for ALF, maybe we can all meet up.