GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,456
0 members and 2,456 guests
No Members online

Old 01-11-2002, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Pikes at Nebraska, have the most guys of any chapter, but no house. They are a really, really, really diverse bunch of guys everything from some of the best campus leaders to some guys who care nothing about studying and only party. All the Pikes I've met though have been pretty cool, down to earth guys.

I think theyre forgotten about sometimes since they don't have a house. And occasionally you will hear rumors that they'll sign anyone, at anytime - not sure how true that is.

But, yeah, so anyways - some pretty decent guys IMHO
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-15-2002, 08:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I have to agree with most of you here and say that I have an affinity for Pike's too. I have only had good experences with them, and dated one in college for over a year. Even after we broke up, he and his brothers treated me with the utmost respect, and I can guarantee that behavior was a rarity. My little brother is heading to college next year and I will definitely encourage him to go Pike!!!

Carrie
Old 01-15-2002, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey everybody thanks for all the great words about Pikes! I know the FSU chapter has really been busting their butts since re-colonization. When they chartered, they Initiated 137 Brothers as the Re-Founding Fathers, instantly becoming the third largest Pike Chapter in all the 210 active chapters out there; and becoming the single largest chartering in Pike history!

I've been a Pike for almost 10 years now and it truly changed my life for the better!

I always like hearing good words about my Brothers and the opinions others have of the Fraternity.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to MUPhiMuKHap
Cool Pikes!

My best guy friend here at MIZZOU is a Pike and he is cooler than cool! They also have many amazingly NICE looking guys in their house! Go see their website if you don't believe me hehe.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

lost touch with my favorite Pike :(

One of the most amazing (hilarious, attractive, always makes me smile) guys I met during college, who happens to be a Pike, recently moved away...I didn't realize how much I'd miss him till he is gone! Anyway, all the Pikes that I know are great guys...I think the way they joke about the stereotyped Pike guy is what was so great about them. They knew what people thought about them and always turned it into their benefit, it was great. Anyway much love to the Pikes out there.

And to all you other fraternities too!

Tara

---to practice day by day
love, honor, truth---
Old 05-29-2002, 12:16 AM
Unregistered-

Since this thread was resurrected, I just wanted to add that my favorite hot guy is a PIKE from the University of Illinois (or Illinois State--I can't remember which one). Meeting him was such a surprise because rarely do I ever come across fraternity brothers in Hawaii!!! He's a former A/E, A/F and Banana Republic model...and the fact that he's all of that and STRAIGHT is a big plus. Haha. It's still in the beginning stages but I love spending time with him!
Old 05-29-2002, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

The PIKES at UALR are nice, easy going and fun guys. They have been big supporters of Pi Phi and we love them lots!

TG
Old 05-29-2002, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

PIKEs are awesome at Virginia Tech. They are most girls' favorite fraternity. They are all hot, really easy going, fun to be around, and they aren't jerks like a bunch of guys in other fraternities are. However, most of the frats here dont like Pike because they think that Pike will take anybody and that the pledge period isnt "tough" enough. But, I could care less about that-- we love them!! We did homecoming with them 2 years ao and they were sooooo fun.

One other thing--- Pike was kicked off of VT years ago and just recolonized in the past few years. They got a house on Greek Row this year, and I think that they already are the biggest frat in terms of numbers, which says a lot. They are definitely in the top 5 frats and will stay there for a while!
Old 05-29-2002, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SoExited@FSU
Talking VT Tri-D

That's almost exactly the case for II K A's here at FSU!
Old 05-30-2002, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the Kind Words

As a Pike, it's both flattering and reassuring to hear that at many campuses where there are Pikes, my brothers are practicing what our fraternity teaches. On the other hand, our chapters that are not successful are having their charters come under review.

The chapters at FSU, Virginia Tech, and Nebraska have all been re-founded after significant absences on their campuses within the last 3 years. Each has over 100 members, and is among the elite chapters of PiKA. This is due to our headquarters seeking out men that are incredibly diverse and are extremely dedicated and competitive. Likewise, each of these chapters has a pledge education program that does not haze and is successful in educating pledges, rather than what "harder" programs in other fraternities do.

I find it humorous that other fraternities try to bash Pikes by saying that we'll "give a bid to anyone" or that our pledge ed program is too easy. My guess is that they are jealous that there are SOOOO many beautiful sorority women who love Pikes. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather spend my fraternity experience meeting sorority women than spending an inordinant amount of time having a "hard" pledge period.

Thank you to all of you who have added your impressions of Pi Kappa Alpha on your campus, etc. I hope that there are similar threads for other GLO's, so that we all can brag on the great things that Greeks do. But I expect Pikes to set the standard for the right way for fraternity men to treat a woman, teacher, random person, etc.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

The Pikes at UCO are great guys. They're a group that we can always count on for support (and vice-versa).

The Sigma Nu and Pike chapters are both brand new at UCO -- we recieved our charters about a month apart from eachother.

They actually invited us to their post-chartering party (lots of us went) and we had a great time!

LHT
Kevin
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 05-30-2002, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

First, I would just like to say that the Pikes in Tennessee are among the best! My best friend and roommate just got 'dropped' by her Pike boyfriend...we are both huge Pike supporters! And, of course, the gentlemen of PiKA are the hottest at our school!
ps we're doing homecoming with them in the fall and I can't wait!!

Blaire

Proud to be a DELTA ZEE!

No matter the letter, greeks do it better!
Old 05-30-2002, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
But I expect Pikes to set the standard for the right way for fraternity men to treat a woman, teacher, random person, etc.

If you expect this....... then you are DEFINITELY getting it from the PIKEs at Virginia Tech!!!! They are really the nicest and most laid-back guys on our campus. They have so much pride in their fraternity and you can really tell when they are out on campus. Tri-Delt loves these guys--- they have never been anything less than completely respectful to us, and we always have SUCH a great time when we do socials with them. They really care if we are having a good time, and if they think we arent, then they do something to fix it. KEPike, I really think you should be so pround to call the PIKEs at VT your brothers--- they give a GREAT name to your fraternity!

p.s.-- just a question--- i remember a year or so ago, everyone referred to them as PIKA. they have since changed it to plain PIKE and ask everyone to call them that too. is there a reason for this change, because they seem pretty adament about only being called PIKE, rather than PIKA. if you cant say, thats perfectly understandable, but i was just wondering.
Old 05-31-2002, 02:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Pike Nomenclature

Quote:
Originally posted by VT Tri-D

If you expect this....... then you are DEFINITELY getting it from the PIKEs at Virginia Tech!!!! They are really the nicest and most laid-back guys on our campus. They have so much pride in their fraternity and you can really tell when they are out on campus. Tri-Delt loves these guys--- they have never been anything less than completely respectful to us, and we always have SUCH a great time when we do socials with them. They really care if we are having a good time, and if they think we arent, then they do something to fix it. KEPike, I really think you should be so pround to call the PIKEs at VT your brothers--- they give a GREAT name to your fraternity!

p.s.-- just a question--- i remember a year or so ago, everyone referred to them as PIKA. they have since changed it to plain PIKE and ask everyone to call them that too. is there a reason for this change, because they seem pretty adament about only being called PIKE, rather than PIKA. if you cant say, thats perfectly understandable, but i was just wondering.

Pi Kappa Alpha is called by a variety of names. In olden days, we were often called Pi Kaps or Pikas (pike-uhhs). When Pi Kappa Phi came along, the more widely know Pikes was used and Pi Kaps was pretty much abandoned. Although I've met several old old alums that refer to us as Pi Kaps.

As far as Pike vs. PiKA goes, my guess is that it done to differentiate us from Kappa Alpha. Either is used depending on where you go. I know that many chapters on the West Coast are taught to only say Pike, probably just because of the correlations that can be made with name (Pikes Peak, Pike Spike, etc). I liken it to FIJI with Phi Gamma Delta.

In our chapter, Pike is what people call us. However, we mostly refer to ourselves in writing and in more formal settings as PiKA since we are Kappa Epsilon Chapter. This can cause some confusion. Unfortunately, in our campus newspaper and various campus newsletters, we get called pke, ke, or pka. We prefer the correct Greek writing.

I would say call them whatever you feel most comfortable with. If they take offense to PiKA, just say you wanted to call them by their correct Greek letters.

On a different note, Jeff Labreque from VT consulted our chapter this year. From what I understand (since I'm an alum), he did a good job in helping reinforce the same values and beliefs that VT Pikes have with my chapter at Rockhurst. But again I'm flattered that you and others have such a positive view of my brothers. It certainly validates my Greek choice as well as my love for Pike, PiKA, or any other name that we are called!
Old 08-23-2002, 04:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for all of the shout-outs.