GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,240
0 members and 2,240 guests
No Members online

Old 12-08-2001, 11:20 AM

Top things ya can, or would like to learn how to cook.

Look, it's morning, I'm having breakfast, and food is on my mind as I'm this groggy, so, what can you ladies and gents cook well? Limit it to 3 I guess. I'll go first...

Sauteed Chicken in White Wine Sauce w/ mushrooms and poppyseed buttered egg noodles (awww yeah, my own recipe)

Lasagna ( come on, I'm part Italian, ya think my mom would have me NOT know this?)

Apple/Pear Double Stuffed pie (another recpie of mine, I like to dabble. The pear keeps the apple from being too sweet and overpowering, it's really delicate, but badass. Especially warm with a little scoop of french vanilla ice cream. mmmmmmmmm....k....gotta go get another bowl of cheerios now...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-08-2001, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I can make a BAD ASS omelete, a sweeet bowl of Fruity Pebbles or a perfect bowl of Spaghetti Os
Old 12-08-2001, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TigerGirl52
Since I'm from the state where food is like an artform I learned to cook real early on.

My favorite things to cook are:

1. crawfish etouffee
2. jambalaya
3. chicken and sausage gumbo
4. love helping my daddy boil crawfish (my favorite food in the whole wide world!!!!!)

Now I'm hungry!!!!!!!

Allison
Old 12-08-2001, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
Can cook:

-(my own made-up recipe) chicken in balsamic vinigar with carmelized onions(yummy)

-i make a damn good chicken parm

-while a lot of people don't like it..i make a reaaaally good meatloaf

want to learn how to cook:

-chicken marsala..it's my favorite
Old 12-08-2001, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

PKT - I think you should come over for dinner!

I cook for my roomates and friends a lot. All my recipes make too much food for just me to eat, and then they do the dishes for me, so it works out very well.

1. Pasta - any kind of pasta, throw in some sausage or hamburger, chunky veggies, fresh garlic and onions, spices. I usually take store bought marinara sauce and "doctor" it up a bit by throwing in all the spices I like. Then I just let it all simmer for awhile in my nice frying pan with the lid. I'm a big fan of any kind of cooking where I can throw a bunch of stuff together in a pot.

2. I have this french recipe but I don't know the name of it, mainly because my knowledge of French is limited to stammering out enough to find out if they speak English (or German). It's marvelously simple and has farfalle pasta, feta cheese, tuna, tomatoes, fresh basil, some other spices, olive oil. Sooooo yummy and tastes good hot or cold. Great leftovers!

3. I am the MASTER of brownies! Actually any kind of dessert, but I am the expert at undercooking brownies just enough so that they are nice and chewy but not still raw. It's an art form, better believe it! Best mix from a box = Ghiradelli. Trust me, you can't go wrong with that stuff.
Old 12-09-2001, 02:28 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by G8Ralphaxi
[B]PKT - I think you should come over for dinner!

wow, thats like 2 compliments from ya in a day, flattery wil lget ya everywhere girlie!
Old 12-09-2001, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I want to learn how to make homemade noodles.

I have such wonderful childhood memories of holdiay dinners at my grandparents' house. First, Christmas was always wonderful because I was spoiled rotten by everyone as I was the only grandchild for many years, and always the only girl. Even better than the gifts, however, was the steaming plate of the best homemade noodles in the entire world that my grandmother would make. They were soft and delicate, covered in butter that had been heated until just browned. It took forever to make them, as it involved making a dough, rolling it out paper thin, slicing it into noodles, hanging them to dry and then finally boiling them until they were the perfect texture. My mom and uncle, from years of watching my grandmother, know how to make them but never have. I would love to learn but will have to convince my mom to teach me; I know that just reading a recipe, if there even is one, wouldn't be enough to get it right.

I think the best things I make are rigatoni with fire-roasted jalapeno pesto and samsosas.
Old 12-09-2001, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink mmmmmmmm! Now I'm Hungry!

I can make a lot of things because I love to cook!
My Fave are-

-Apricot Chicken (My Grandmothers recipe...Sooo Good!)
-Fajitas
-Chicken Tortilla Soup
-Cinnamon Apple Pie
-Oatmeal/Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I want to learn to cook more Italian recipes.

PKTSU01- Can I marry you?? Any guy who can cook food like that must be absolutely wonderful!!!!
Old 12-09-2001, 02:06 PM

Re: mmmmmmmm! Now I'm Hungry!

PKTSU01- Can I marry you?? Any guy who can cook food like that must be absolutely wonderful!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

awww...how sweet nope...if i was just up for grabs just for the asking, it wouldn't be much of a challenge now would it?
Old 12-09-2001, 02:09 PM
Unregistered-

Can cook:

*Fried Rice--it isn't too hard.
*Omelets! Apparently the were a favorite at yesterday's breakfast tailgate! (We killed BYU, btw)
*Kalua Pork & Cabbage--a staple at most luau
*Chicken long rice--yet another staple
*Sesame chicken
*Mochiko chicken (for those who don't know what Mochiko is, it's a type of sweet flour)
*California Roll Sushi
*stir-fry anything...usually with some sort of pasta

and Tom Earp's favorite...

**Pineapple Upside Down Cake!