GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,428
0 members and 1,428 guests
No Members online

Old 01-18-2005, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Service

When was the last time and place you had Great Service. I mean where leaving a tip was not an issue and you even gave a large tip b/c the service was that great?

The reason I ask is that working in the industry I go above and beyond to be great to every customer even the not-so-nice ones but cannot recall over a handful of good service memories and have come to expect moderate to poor service when I go out to fast food or fine dinning.

Just wondering!
Old 01-19-2005, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

This last November, my husband took me to a formal restaurant in Disneyland for dinner (the Blue Bayou...the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Caribbean). I couldn't believe how good our server was!! She was so on top of everything. Never did we have to ask for anything...as she was there with refills, dessert menus, the check, etc, before we could even ask!!!

I think my husband actually wrote a letter to Disney management to inform them of what a great experience we had...
Old 01-19-2005, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

When I was in Maui a couple weeks ago, two places had the best service I've ever received: Longhi's and Mala-both in Lahaina. The staff was just on top of everything, it was seriously great.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:55 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by OtterXO
When I was in Maui a couple weeks ago, two places had the best service I've ever received: Longhi's and Mala-both in Lahaina. The staff was just on top of everything, it was seriously great.
I have to echo this. Longhi's is WONDERFUL. I've been to both the one in Lahaina and the one at Ala Moana. I can't recall anywhere else where the food and service was just SUPERB!

I also have to add Jameson's by the Sea in Haleiwa.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:43 AM
GreekChat Member

ditto on both longhi's and mala. add in gorgeous visuals and you have perfection.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:14 AM

I went to Olive Garden with my friend last week and our server was excellent. She came by our table several times to make sure everything was ok and to see if we needed anything. She was so nice about everything (even about splitting the check and I've had servers roll their eyes back about doing this, "I've already printed the check but I guess if I have to split it, I'll do it....". I tipped her 40% (I usually tip 20%).

Hue in Downtown Orlando has excellent service and food but it's expensive so you get what you pay for!
Old 01-19-2005, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I always have great service at Strega, a place in the North End. They're attentive without being overbearing. Same thing with Casa Romero.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
I always have great service at Strega, a place in the North End. They're attentive without being overbearing.
we went there Monday night and it was excellent. None of us had heard of it before, we were walking by trying to decide where to eat and randomly went in there. We were all quite impressed.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mu_agd
we went there Monday night and it was excellent. None of us had heard of it before, we were walking by trying to decide where to eat and randomly went in there. We were all quite impressed.
It's my favorite place in the area. I think the food is extremely good, and the service just adds to the whole experience. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
It's my favorite place in the area. I think the food is extremely good, and the service just adds to the whole experience. I'd recommend it to anyone.
plus the guys we were with were all excited because they had "A Bronx Tale" on. what more could you need?
Old 01-19-2005, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Every restaurant I ate at in India had excellent service. The waiter to table ratio was unbelievable-at least 3 waiters per table! Before you could finish your drink they would bring you another one (or ask if you'd like another if there weren't free refills), when your food would arrive they would serve you, and if you even reached for a second serving they were there to pick up the dish & serve it for you! Sometimes, a few restaurants in particular, would let you order from a restaurant close by instead of the one you were sitting in! They would even run to a shop & buy cigarettes for you & just tack it on your bill! And you wouldn't even notice that they would be gone-it all happens so fast! And what I liked most about it was that even though the waiters were always super attentive they never stood over you-always against a wall where they could see the table but never too close to eavesdrop or make you feel uncomfortable! My friends had to stop me from overtipping them (I believe in no such thing!) several times-especially if they had run out for cigarettes or a dish they didn't offer on their menu! I was tipping them at least 50% most of the time! I couldn't help myself!
Old 01-19-2005, 10:50 AM
ADPiZXalum

At the Four Seasons in Austin.