GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,281
1 members and 1,280 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-03-2005, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Derek Lowe cheats on wife with LA sports reporter

This is F'in awesome. My team sucks ass right now, and scumbags Lowe is bangin the team reporter. I swear, I knew she was bangin one of the Dodgers. Last year I had my suspicions that she was screwin Jason Werth and Steve Finley. She would always give the Dodger players an extra look, or a grrrrrand smile...or a nice winkity wink. It was AWeSOME.

Reporter's Role With Pitcher Being Investigated
# FSN officials are looking into possible conflict of interest involving Hughes.

By Larry Stewart, Times Staff Writer

Television reporter Carolyn Hughes, co-host of the Dodger pregame and postgame shows on FSN West 2, has been off the air for about two weeks as FSN executives investigate her relationship with Dodger Derek Lowe.

Trinka Lowe, the Dodger pitcher's wife of seven years, alleged an improper relationship between her husband and Hughes in phone messages left for FSN executives. Steve Simpson, general manager of FSN West, told The Times on July 25 of the investigation but said Hughes would return to her role as an anchor on the regional cable network's "Southern California Sports Report."

Hughes has not appeared on the network in any capacity since the investigation began. Simpson and FSN executives have since declined to comment. Trinka Lowe, meanwhile, in interviews on a locally based website and Tom Leykis' nationally syndicated radio show, has detailed what she says is a romantic relationship between her husband and Hughes.

Ron Fineman, on his website "On the Record," posted the first interview with Trinka Lowe on Friday, including pictures of Lowe and Hughes hugging.

Trinka Lowe told Leykis on Monday that she had hired a private investigator and had learned that her husband and Hughes had talked "four to five times a day" on their cellphones since at least April.

Trinka Lowe told Leykis she was speaking out in an effort to save her marriage, adding that her husband and Hughes had rented a house in Manhattan Beach. Lowe said her husband had asked for a divorce and she had moved back to their home in Fort Myers, Fla. The Lowes have three children.

Efforts to reach Trinka Lowe on Tuesday were unsuccessful.

Besides her role on Dodger broadcasts and "Southern California Sports Report," Hughes has been host of the nationally televised "FSN Across America."

Hughes' husband, Tommy Saboni, the manager of the Palm restaurant in West Hollywood, told The Times that he and Hughes were in the process of getting a divorce and had been separated since March.

Efforts to reach Hughes were unsuccessful, and her agent, Ken Lindler, declined to comment.

FSN spokesman Lou D'Ermilio on Tuesday said, "As soon as we were made aware by Mrs. Lowe that a potential problem existed, we removed Carolyn from covering the Dodgers. At present, we're investigating to determine if a conflict of interest did exist. Beyond that, we can't comment on personnel issues."

The Dodgers, through spokesman John Olguin, also declined to comment.

Carolyn Hughs is on the bottom left.

Last edited by BobbyTheDon; 08-03-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Re: Derek Lowe cheats on wife with LA sports reporter

Quote:
Originally posted by BobbyTheDon
This is F'in awesome. My team sucks ass right now, and scumbags Lowe is bangin the team reporter. I swear, I knew she was bangin one of the Dodgers. Last year I had my suspicions that she was screwin Jason Werth and Steve Finley. She would always give the Dodger players an extra look, or a grrrrrand smile...or a nice winkity wink. It was AWeSOME.

The SportsbyBrooks article is awesome . . .

Lowe was known for this exact thing in Boston, by the way - nothing new for d-lowe
Old 08-03-2005, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Derek Lowe cheats on wife with LA sports reporter

Quote:
Originally posted by KSig RC
Lowe was known for this exact thing in Boston, by the way - nothing new for d-lowe
Exactly - same old story, different city.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Bobby, I think the worst part of this whole thing is that you're a Dodger fan.

It's all good dogg, no matter what kind of season ending tear the Dodgers have, and no matter how shitty the Padres are planning, you ain't catching up
Old 08-03-2005, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I give my SoCal love to all teams.

Growing up, my favorite team was the Dodgers. But I hate going to Dodger games because you see too many cholos beating up on Giants fans, or Dodger fans that wear blue beating up on dodger fans that wear red. Case in point, TOO MANY GANGSTERS at dodger stadium. But, I'm from Orange County so naturally I give the OC love to the Angels.

Padres are whatever. I don't hate them. Infact, I LOVE going to Padre games for four things.
1- Petco
2- The Girls
3- 5 dollar Park pass
4- I played little league against Sean Burroughs, and that little fat ass use to DOMINATE US and even though he aint that great, I cheer for him because we've known each other for over 14 years...
Old 08-03-2005, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

4- I played little league against Sean Burroughs, and that little fat ass use to DOMINATE US and even though he aint that great, I cheer for him because we've known each other for over 14 years...
That's awesome - I played against a few guys in Little League and high school who are playing pro ball now, and it's nice to see how they're doing against bigger competition.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Re: Re: Re: Derek Lowe cheats on wife with LA sports reporter

Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
Exactly - same old story, different city.
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I give my SoCal love to all teams.

Growing up, my favorite team was the Dodgers. But I hate going to Dodger games because you see too many cholos beating up on Giants fans, or Dodger fans that wear blue beating up on dodger fans that wear red. Case in point, TOO MANY GANGSTERS at dodger stadium. But, I'm from Orange County so naturally I give the OC love to the Angels.

Padres are whatever. I don't hate them. Infact, I LOVE going to Padre games for four things.
1- Petco
2- The Girls
3- 5 dollar Park pass
That's pretty fuckin cool. A lot of Giants fans bitch about Petco, but I like it. And you're right, the scenery errr girls are awesome.

5 dollar park pass? WTF? For the Aztecs Padres game I parked like 4 blocks away and had to pay 15 bucks!

Thank God my work reimbursed me since it was work related
Old 08-03-2005, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TristanDSP
That's pretty fuckin cool. A lot of Giants fans bitch about Petco, but I like it. And you're right, the scenery errr girls are awesome.

5 dollar park pass? WTF? For the Aztecs Padres game I parked like 4 blocks away and had to pay 15 bucks!

Thank God my work reimbursed me since it was work related
My girlfriend is from out of town, and I took her to San Diego about a month ago. We stayed at the Bristol Hotel and walked just a few blocks to gaslamp and Petco. We were on our way to a Padres game, but I made the mistake of not realizing the Padres were playing the Giants. EVEN THE PARK PASSes for 5 bux were sold out! I was pretty pissed, but we went to some place in Gaslamp, I think it was the Rocky Taco? Anyways a bunch of drunken Giants fans were there. Thank god the Padres beat ass that night.

Moral of the story. San Diego is one of my favorite cities in America, despite the fact its next to TJ.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

According to the Herald, Lowe's moved in with the reporter
Old 08-03-2005, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My girlfriend is from out of town, and I took her to San Diego about a month ago. We stayed at the Bristol Hotel and walked just a few blocks to gaslamp and Petco. We were on our way to a Padres game, but I made the mistake of not realizing the Padres were playing the Giants. EVEN THE PARK PASSes for 5 bux were sold out! I was pretty pissed, but we went to some place in Gaslamp, I think it was the Rocky Taco? Anyways a bunch of drunken Giants fans were there. Thank god the Padres beat ass that night.

Moral of the story. San Diego is one of my favorite cities in America, despite the fact its next to TJ.
I love the healthy hatred of the Giants that we share.

I always say that I don't get the whole Nor Cal vs. So Cal thing when ANYWHERE in Cali is better than 99% of the rest of the country, but ya, Nor Cal HELLA sucks, So Cal rules a grip.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

hey man, you sign the big salary you gotta upgrade wife, thats just the way the world works...that reporter is wayyyy hot too
Old 08-04-2005, 07:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Haha, probably the only time I've read "The Track" in the Herald.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
Haha, probably the only time I've read "The Track" in the Herald.
Liar. You know you read it every day.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

My dad is friend's with Derek's dad. Before Derek signed in the majors, he played on my dad's basketball team in some community league one year. Dad always talks about what a "great kid" he is. Wonder if he knows about this.