GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 769
2 members and 767 guests
LarryByday

Old 07-17-2011, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

High School GPA vs. College GPA

abcdefu

Last edited by lavienrose; 07-24-2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: edited due to bitches
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-17-2011, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavienrose View Post
So I'm going through recruitment as a Sophomore. I didn't do so well in High School, a very stressful year brought my GPA down and it was hard to pick up after that. I worked my butt off freshman year of college to keep good grades and made deans list both semesters. For our recruitment applications we had to fill out both hs gpa and college. Will my high school GPA still play a role when they are considering me? (It should be noted that at my university's recruitment there are many sororities that place an enormous value on GPAs)
I know there is nothing I can do now but if anything comes up in conversation about grades or gpas should I mention why my high school gpa is so much lower than my college gpa?

*High School GPA- 3.3
*College GPA- 3.8

I don't have qualifications to give advice on here in regards to recruitment--- but your college GPA should speak much more loudly. The whole purpose of the GPA requirement (at least in my org) is to see that you can comply with our academic expectations and handle the commitment of a sorority. You aren't joining as a hs student, but a college one, and the fact that you have shown you do well in college should be considered instead of your HS record. Just my two cents.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

They'll definitely be looking at your college GPA. I doubt they will use your HS GPA at all, and if they do, they won't give it much weight. Good job for getting a 3.8, you should be proud!
Old 07-18-2011, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Most times girls ask this question it's because they had the reverse of your grades (or worse). I wouldn't sweat it. If nothing else, it shows that you are taking college very seriously and upped your game. Congratulations on doing so well your freshman year!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all so much!