GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,229
1 members and 1,228 guests
No Members online

Old 08-21-2004, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, not if they don't play the game...then they can be released out of recruitment all together...I think it is sad too but if they do not play the game then the system doesn't work...maybe they can COR in the Spring
Old 08-21-2004, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to greekgirl1983 Send a message via Yahoo to greekgirl1983
anyone know how lsu did?
Old 08-21-2004, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by greekgirl1983
anyone know how lsu did?
I want to know too... how did they do?
Old 08-22-2004, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Is it just me or are the results coming in a bit slowly?
Old 08-22-2004, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to greekgirl1983 Send a message via Yahoo to greekgirl1983
reeaaallllyyy slow! lol
Old 08-22-2004, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Where are the results?

I think results are coming in slow plus they are being posted in several places. Under the sub group "Recruitment Stories" is a thread called How is Rush going; I placed A-phi MU's results there. I think I will start a new Thread Called simply 2004-05 results.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Bid Day at South Carolina is today!!! I will wait until after to post the results for all groups, but I can tell you that KKG made quota of 48 with three additions for a new member class of 51 women!

The chapter women at the house last night were so excited when we got to the house around 12:30 am to tell them!

I'll post more later today.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

The Tennessee Gamma chapter of Pi Beta Phi at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville made quota, which was 47, plus two! Yippee for 49 new angels!
Old 08-22-2004, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

The Delta Gamma Chapter at University of Oklahoma made quota plus three, 82 new members! Hooray!
Old 08-22-2004, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Bid after Pref. is not always guaranteed

If the chapters a PM has pref. get to quota before they get to her name on their bid lists then she may be come a no match. Quota additions are usually used to limit the number of no matches but it is possible for a woman to have done everything correct and go unmatched. If the chapters she wants are above total then they can't even cor/cob her. Don't really think it's right but if quota total is being used it is possible.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

LSU did awesome!!!!!!!!!
As usual. There were 989 women that went through recruitment. The good news is that very few women withdrew throughout the week. The HORRIBLE news is that MANY (I won't get into numbers, but trust me many) women attended preference parties (or party) and did not receive a bid. This could have been prevented by:

Chapters making larger cuts toward the end and not holding on to girls that they had no intention of pledging... just for the sake of numbers.

Having another sorority for these women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know we've discussed some problems with adding another chapter at LSU, but tell that to the women who attended THREE preference parties and did not receive a single bid. These women maximized their options the entire week & did not single intention preference.

Quota was 80. I'm pretty sure all made quota, it would seem since so many women were released.

I was a Gamma Chi (Rho Chi at most schools). And as you can see, I am a little ticked. I enjoyed the experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world. But, I was a little short for words when a PM asked me "Why did this happen?"
Old 08-22-2004, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow! to attend 3 pref parties and end up with no bid, that is horrible!!!!!
Old 08-22-2004, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Whaaaaaaat the . . . . ? ? ? !

Quote:
Originally posted by ThetaLove
LSU did awesome!!!!!!!!!
As usual. There were 989 women that went through recruitment. The good news is that very few women withdrew throughout the week. The HORRIBLE news is that MANY (I won't get into numbers, but trust me many) women attended preference parties (or party) and did not receive a bid. This could have been prevented by:

Chapters making larger cuts toward the end and not holding on to girls that they had no intention of pledging... just for the sake of numbers.

Having another sorority for these women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know we've discussed some problems with adding another chapter at LSU, but tell that to the women who attended THREE preference parties and did not receive a single bid. These women maximized their options the entire week & did not single intention preference.

Quota was 80. I'm pretty sure all made quota, it would seem since so many women were released.

I was a Gamma Chi (Rho Chi at most schools). And as you can see, I am a little ticked. I enjoyed the experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world. But, I was a little short for words when a PM asked me "Why did this happen?"
In-bloody-credible! Assuming what you report is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, I'd say something is seriously effed up. Besides the things you mentioned, ThetaLove, was quota set too early, or using "bad" numbers?

How devastaing for a woman to be bidless when she has made it through Preference, not suicided, done everything right; no wonder you were at a loss for words. There doesn't seem to be an immediate answer for why three chapters would spend time singing, declaring their love and sisterhood, going through an emotion-laden event . . . and a woman ends up with zilch.

And what's the reaction among alumnae? Is it sinking in at some of the major Area Alumnae Associations that women they have recommended are getting preffed, maximizing their options, and going totally bidless? I've read that LSU recruitment can be harsh, but this seems just plain needlessly cruel.

I hope LSU's Panhellenic can find a good way to improve things. What a mess.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Panhel can right this wrong!

If all chapters got quota and none are way below total then their panhel needs to let the women who did everything right receive a bid! They need to right their wrong. Sounds like release figures were not done correctly or they set quota too earily.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

My heart goes out to those women!

Could the Panhellenic make a list of everyone who went to three parties and didn't get a bid, and possibly place them? The whole Quota/Total system is to ensure that nonsense like this DOESN'T happen!